Great samples of 6Nv, also good example of how lower Lens angle affects brightness of buildings and sky, for that truck windshield Lens angle works well to capture road by increasing brightness, downside is bright Sky, but unimportant for accident evidence capture. Could test one-click higher angle. These clips suggest the obvious lowering of brightness but need other Lens angle footage for comparisons. thanks for sharing all the very useful footage.

Firmware: 6Nv

As usual 1080p 60fps WDR=Off Ev=0 CPL=On. For Both Cams

My test Clips for this firmware are stored here:

All clips are labeled in the file name as well as the info bar at bottom of screen.
As I get more footage with this firmware I'll add it to the folder linked above.

Great samples of 6Nv, also good example of how lower Lens angle affects brightness of buildings and sky, for that truck windshield Lens angle works well to capture road by increasing brightness, downside is bright Sky, but unimportant for accident evidence capture. Could test one-click higher angle. These clips suggest the obvious lowering of brightness but need other Lens angle footage for comparisons. thanks for sharing all the very useful footage.

I will do that. Anyway i like this MOD very much. Even if one click higher wont work, i don't mind to manually set EV -1/3 or even -2/3 on sunny days.
The night footage of this MOD is too good and i don't want to low the brightness.

So, i am for one of those two options:

1) Brighter Contrast using v1.01 IQ + normal colour Saturation.
2) Brighter Contrast using v1.01 IQ + Vivid colour Saturation

What option MOD 6Nv has right now? Vivid or normal?

Last edited:
I will do that. Anyway i like this MOD very much. Even if one click higher wont work, i don't mind to manually set EV -1/3 or even -2/3 on sunny days.
The night footage of this MOD is too good and i don't want to low the brightness.

So, i am for one of those two options:

1) Brighter Contrast using v1.01 IQ + normal colour Saturation.
2) Brighter Contrast using v1.01 IQ + Vivid colour Saturation

What option MOD 6Nv has right now? Vivid or normal?
Excellent assessment of available MOD-6Nv options for custom A119S image quality to match your specific needs. You Sir, identified firmware you like and I respect that decision.
Modified Firmware (until more IQ control is unlocked) has the flexibility to offer customized versions.
To answer your question,
FWA119S_MOD-6Nv_v4.02+26Mbps+Sharp585960C+Sharp140B+Edge138+Brite127+Sat110B+Sat20A+DCTeam.bin
Sharp140B = v1.01 IQ
Sat110B = normal colour medium Saturation (its slightly higher plan to drop -2/-4 to normal)
Sat118B = vivid colour high Saturation (118-130)

As usual 1080p 60fps WDR=Off Ev=0 CPL=On. For Both Cams

All clips are labeled in the file name as well as the info bar at bottom of screen.
As I get more footage with this firmware I'll add it to the folder linked above.
Great to see these 6Nv side-by-side Lens comparisons, brighter than "normal" and Saturation is higher than "normal" level which will be adjusted in 6Nw. Our descision to reassign the Soft Sharpness level with higher values is more effective maximizing the usefulness of only 3 levels, and clearly shown in these clips. The Strong level (in your next upload) showing halo effect on correctly focused Lens will be very useful to those with Lens focus issues or those only interested in license plate readability. thanks for sharing these clips and look forward to your expanded RAW footage collection.

Additional Clips added. I moved Lens1 to from Soft to Normal and Lens2 from Normal to Strong. Once again the file names and clips show which clip is which setting.

Thoughts:

This firmware (6Nv) overall is significantly better than previous 6N* firmwares. The whites at night are still a bit blown out esp. on Strong and a little bit on Norm. Not as bad for Soft. I much prefer Lens 1 over Lens 2 in my vehicle no matter the firmware or IQ settings.

This firmware on the "Soft" setting seem to be the best for me right now. More collection footage will be added as I collect it.

It sure would be nice if a file could be saved on the memory card that would backup the menu settings and restore them after a firmware change.

Additional Clips added. I moved Lens1 to from Soft to Normal and Lens2 from Normal to Strong. Once again the file names and clips show which clip is which setting.
Thoughts:
This firmware (6Nv) overall is significantly better than previous 6N* firmwares. The whites at night are still a bit blown out esp. on Strong and a little bit on Norm. Not as bad for Soft. I much prefer Lens 1 over Lens 2 in my vehicle no matter the firmware or IQ settings.
This firmware on the "Soft" setting seem to be the best for me right now. More collection footage will be added as I collect it.
It sure would be nice if a file could be saved on the memory card that would backup the menu settings and restore them after a firmware change.
Great assorted 6Nv footage, clips confirm adjustment to lower Brightness is needed especially for Lens2 owners. Agreed Lens1 has more natural and realistic quality, thanks for the new clips.

Since you have the perfect side-by-side A119S configuration, request day & night comparison of 6Nv on Lens1 vs 6Vf on Lens2. Plan is to take best of each and combine on new 6Nw.

Stable 6Vf > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1czIphAbLp6zqIXnaYHgyaJLhgJCruw1j

Great samples of 6Nv, also good example of how lower Lens angle affects brightness of buildings and sky, for that truck windshield Lens angle works well to capture road by increasing brightness, downside is bright Sky, but unimportant for accident evidence capture. Could test one-click higher angle.

You were right. One click higher produce better view for buildings and sky: https://www.dropbox.com/s/crim6lrhwcax3rb/2018_1109_102833_460.MP4?dl=0

60% road/ground and 40% sky= very good footage for important details: road, cars, number plates, road signs, but bad details for buldings and sky or faraway road details.
Frame 2018.11.09 10-37-57 (0-00-25.169).jpg

50% road and 50% sky= a balanced image quality for all details.
Frame 2018.11.09 10-37-58 (0-00-26.690).jpg

40% road and 60% sky= very bad quality for important details, but very good quality for buildings, sky...
Frame 2018.11.09 10-38-01 (0-00-29.864).jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uweu31k6rz3z0m/Fragment of 2018_1109_103733_469 (10-37-51 AM - 10-38-11 AM).MP4?dl=0

So, i will use first case(60% ground/40% sky) for night time and second case(50%/50%) for day time. One click and no need to make change through settings.

Last edited:
Firmware: 6Nv- Normal Sharpness

As usual 1080p 60fps WDR=Off Ev=0 CPL=On.

Here is some Wet rainy & Dull Day all mixed into one but I think it is my best footage to date the countryside is beautiful and colourful and the camera captures lots of the finer detail with perfect sharpness and dynamic range. I am very pleased with this firmware THANKYOU VERY MUCH BCHobbyist you have created a perfect firmware for my camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk0aucaipl3txav/2018_1110_131104_345.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp915gejd6e3q2h/2018_1110_144404_366.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fncjkbwot22sd7/2018_1110_151504_397.MP4?dl=0

Great assorted 6Nv footage, clips confirm adjustment to lower Brightness is needed especially for Lens2 owners. Agreed Lens1 has more natural and realistic quality, thanks for the new clips.

Since you have the perfect side-by-side A119S configuration, request day & night comparison of 6Nv on Lens1 vs 6Vf on Lens2. Plan is to take best of each and combine on new 6Nw.

Stable 6Vf > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1czIphAbLp6zqIXnaYHgyaJLhgJCruw1j

Here is the first Clips of the requested comaprison:

Comparison Folder of 6Nv VS 6Vf:

I'll add more clips as they become collected.
There is a special surprise about 22 seconds in watch the sky from left to right.

Happy Veterans Day!!

Here is the first Clips of the requested comaprison:

Comparison Folder of 6Nv VS 6Vf:

I'll add more clips as they become collected.
There is a special surprise about 22 seconds in watch the sky from left to right.

Happy Veterans Day!!

Just added a bunch of Night Time Clips to the Folder! (so far all clips at the Normal setting) I'll switch to either Strong or Soft for next set of clips I gather tomorrow.

In the clips with High Low beam comparison you might note 2 colors shown for my vehicle lights this is because I have LED fog lamps running even with High-Beams on and they are between 5k and 6k in color and my standard high/low beams are typical halogen bulbs.

Hello and sorry in advance if my question not fit to this topic.
First of all I've never bought any dashcam and after some research I decided to buy the A119S.
So , I want to have a specific future with this dashcam but I don't know even if its been embedded in the current firmware or not.
I want to have the camera not recording (standby mode) and while I'm driving and see an accident in front of me I want to press the record button and make the recording begining some seconds before the time I pressed the button.Is it possible this future or not?
Thanks in advanced for your help!

First of all I've never bought any dashcam and after some research I decided to buy the A119S.
So , I want to have a specific future with this dashcam but I don't know even if its been embedded in the current firmware or not.
I want to have the camera not recording (standby mode) and while I'm driving and see an accident in front of me I want to press the record button and make the recording begining some seconds before the time I pressed the button.Is it possible this future or not?
Hello and welcome,
This feature is not possible because it would mean the camera is recording the whole time and just saving the last seconds for a possible key pressing of yourself.
But it's possible to handle it like that :
The camera is recording like every Dashcam, you can choose for example video file size of 1min and if you want to save the current file because of your described situation, press "!" and the current file will be saved in a separate folder.
After ending your drive you can copy the file to your computer and cut the beginning of the event and some seconds after.

I've been using the soft sharpness as well. I've been experiencing better image quality with 6Nv at night. Is there ISO control or configurations in this firmware that is making it better? For daytime, I haven't actually made a immediate conclusion on which I like better. I sometimes feel 6Vf has a brighter image overall. The 6Nv's shadow levels sometimes leave the blacks (shadowed area) to lose detail and just becomes muddied darkness, possibly because of the brightness level? I am not exactly sure dimming the brightness does enough fix the blown out whites to sacrifice overall image brightness.

Today's Dash Cameras are designed to record continuously while driving using the Loop Recording feature. If you witness an accident just remove the memory card later that day and save the footage for the approximate time. Better to have continuous then miss an event. If your concern is about recording over important events, a single press of the center red triangle (Alert-Emergency) button will lock current clip and move to RO folder which is never recorded over unless formatting the card.

The A129 Dash Cam has a fancy BlueTooth Remote Button when pressed locks current clip 5-10 seconds(must test this again) prior to button press then moves to RO (event) folder. The Remote Button can be stuck to center console or steering wheel or worn with wrist strap.

Here in Canada if Police see you reaching up to press button on windshield mounted Dashcam while driving you get a Distracted Driving ticket same as holding Smartphone, even if stopped at traffic light. I don't bother pressing buttons, I just swap out the 64GB microSD card every 3 days to review footage.

Firmware: 6Nv- Normal Sharpness

As usual 1080p 60fps WDR=Off Ev=0 CPL=On.

Here is some Wet rainy & Dull Day all mixed into one but I think it is my best footage to date the countryside is beautiful and colourful and the camera captures lots of the finer detail with perfect sharpness and dynamic range. I am very pleased with this firmware THANKYOU VERY MUCH BCHobbyist you have created a perfect firmware for my camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nk0aucaipl3txav/2018_1110_131104_345.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp915gejd6e3q2h/2018_1110_144404_366.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fncjkbwot22sd7/2018_1110_151504_397.MP4?dl=0
Fantastic UK Rural roads! Your A119S Lens works well with 6Nv sharpness-59, very interesting narrow winding roads, hazardous to pedestrians, really like that Red Tardis Telephone Box. The stone buildings and hilly country side is enchanting, request you travel the same route on sunny day for stunning views. thank you for sharing, well done!
Now lets see if we can improve this modified firmware for Stable version release.

Back