VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Please go back and delete all Firmware bashing posts you made with no facts or evidence, thanks.

1. I left one about 7uj being imprinted. That has nothing to do with my camera. That probably is a bug.

2. I'll delete remaining but I think I got core of them. Will have to do later.

3. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot. I have my suspicions on issue.

ACC = 12 Volt Tunnel Connector...But I'm guessing that ties in to my alarm and folding mirrors. Even though it isn't stated in manual. I'll have to test the fuse when I power off car....See if it doesnt light up. And then when I lock the doors (see if it lights up)....

Mechanic friend and I tested but never locked doors. Since that wouldn't have crossed our minds.

Post back later after some more testing.

Mechanic friend and I tested but never locked doors. Since that wouldn't have crossed our minds.

when testing the normal method is leave a window down (or stay in the car) and lock the doors, test fuses, even if you think they're right test again after an hour, a lot are controlled by the vehicle computer

1. I left one about 7uj being imprinted. That has nothing to do with my camera. That probably is a bug.

2. I'll delete remaining but I think I got core of them. Will have to do later.

3. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot. I have my suspicions on issue.

ACC = 12 Volt Tunnel Connector...But I'm guessing that ties in to my alarm and folding mirrors. Even though it isn't stated in manual. I'll have to test the fuse when I power off car....See if it doesnt light up. And then when I lock the doors (see if it lights up)....

Post back later after some more testing.
now you know why I asked for photos of how your camera was connected and wired, its usually a power issue and A129 is most advanced model requiring very specific voltage sensing which is excellent for advanced features but frustrating for End Users just wanting to plug and play, now you also know why I avoid hardwire kits but mainly due to repeated load on vehicle battery reducing it lifespan. Another reason the A119S / A119 Pro / A119 are so popular, anyone can install and Parking Mode always works.

I'll create a simple DIY Hardwire Kit installation video once mine arrives.

now you know why I asked for photos of how your camera was connected and wired, its usually a power issue and A129 is most advanced model requiring very specific voltage sensing which is excellent for advanced features but frustrating for End Users just wanting to plug and play, now you also know why I avoid hardwire kits but mainly due to repeated load on vehicle battery reducing it lifespan. Another reason the A119S / A119 Pro / A119 are so popular, anyone can install and Parking Mode always works.

Explain how the A119 has an easy to install parking mode? I thought parking mode wasn't available until 3 wire hardwire kit came about? Otherwise, wouldn't parking mode rely upon a battery pack to provide power?

Understand these hardwire kits shorten battery lifespan. No arguments there. I'm going to test the fuse on my setup. The work around could be a different fuse or just shutting off parking mode when parking in garage. Or not locking the doors with keyfob.

I have reset the A129 to default (MOD 6Uk) and reformatted the card. If that doesn't fix it, I'll roll back to 7Uj that I was using before I noticed these startup problems.
Reset to default and/or the card reformat seemed to fix the issue. I've had no startup problems since then. Still on the same 5-port power supply.

What are your reservations against hardwiring? I'd be happy to take boatloads of pictures if you think it'd help. Or you prefer a 12V adapter?
Your current issues, and other examples of problematic hardwire installs, are some of the reasons why I stick with a simple 12v adapter and powerbank that I understand ;)

The best feature of A129 over all the other models is the longer startup Logo duration . . .
Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.

Last edited:

Ok so I spent tonight testing and testing and testing. Here are my results:

1. Stock Firmware + BC's Mods both generate the same problem. So Issue was on my end. Even if I power off camera before exiting, the camera turns on again once doors locked and Mirrors Fold via keyfob or keyless (touching handle).

2. After freezing my ass off and tripping over crap in garage (not conducive to testing), I googled how to test fuses on youtube (as friend did this originally). Broke out a Fuse testing light and began testing.

3. So I confirmed my Battery Fuse (Power Front Passenger Seat) remains on constantly. Now here's the oddity. There is absolutely ZERO way for me to test the ACC fuse (12v Socket Tunnel Console) with the car locked. Seat doesn't go back far enough and there's no possible way in hell I can contort my body. So I ran what I think is a similar test.

I locked the doors, folded mirrors, and activated alarm. Course camera would turn on (but I disconnected it for my test). I then used keyless entry to open the door but without causing the mirrors to open. Otherwise alarm goes off. It turns on my console briefly. Thereby causing the ACC fuse to light up for about a minute before it shuts down again.

My theory is that this power activation happens with locking the doors (sans me entering in with doors locked via keyless). I'm thinking the act of locking doors causes that fuse to activate briefly. Enough to throw the camera on and confuse it. Since the camera being activated from shutoff turns on, but DOES NOT enter park mode. It just records as if running off the car itself. It might switch over to battery at some point. I guess I'll have to test it again.

So that's my synopsis. BC and Jokin have been helpful and tolerant of my bull****. I am going to flash back to BC's mod.

My resolution will be to either not lock the doors when I am in my garage (so that camera doesn't run down battery) or turn off park mode. I could use another fuse, but I see this as possibly being a potential issue with using another fuse. With systems tied into one another, but without being labeled properly in the book. Or explicitly stated. And using 12V socket being a "safe fuse" and not messing with the electronics directly.

So I'll use my above work around.

Last edited:
Ok so I spent tonight testing and testing and testing. Here are my results:

1. Stock Firmware + BC's Mods both generate the same problem. So Issue was on my end. Even if I power off camera before exiting, the camera turns on again once doors locked and Mirrors Fold via keyfob or keyless (touching handle).

2. After freezing my ass off and tripping over crap in garage (not conducive to testing), I googled how to test fuses on youtube (as friend did this originally). Broke out a Fuse testing light and began testing.

3. So I confirmed my Battery Fuse (Power Front Passenger Seat) remains on constantly. Now here's the oddity. There is absolutely ZERO way for me to test the ACC fuse (12v Socket Tunnel Console) with the car locked. Seat doesn't go back far enough and there's no possible way in hell I can contort my body. So I ran what I think is a similar test.

I locked the doors, folded mirrors, and activated alarm. Course camera would turn on (but I disconnected it for my test). I then used keyless entry to open the door but without causing the mirrors to open. Otherwise alarm goes off. It turns on my console briefly. Thereby causing the ACC fuse to light up for about a minute before it shuts down again.

My theory is that this power activation happens with locking the doors (sans me entering in with doors locked via keyless). I'm thinking the act of locking doors causes that fuse to activate briefly. Enough to throw the camera on and confuse it. Since the camera being activated from shutoff turns on, but DOES NOT enter park mode. It just records as if running off the car itself. It might switch over to battery at some point. I guess I'll have to test it again.

So that's my synopsis. BC and Jokin have been helpful and tolerant of my bull****. I am going to flash back to BC's mod.

My resolution will be to either not lock the doors when I am in my garage (so that camera doesn't run down battery) or turn off park mode. I could use another fuse, but I see this as possibly being a potential issue with using another fuse. With systems tied into one another, but without being labeled properly in the book. Or explicitly stated.

So I'll use my above work around.
Easy enough to just try another fuse. If that fuse doesn't work, try another.

Not really. Most of the fuses tie into critical systems. Of course there are "empty fuses"....But here's my manual. I'm using fuse 14 (battery) and 22 (acc). FYI: I'm using fuse box "A".

Only one's that may be a viable alternative would be 26 or 27. I can test those out. They are heated front passenger (26) and heated front drivers (27). I'd presume those are only activated if the car is turned on.

Last edited:

Problem SOLVED. Fuse 27 (heated seats) seemed to do the trick. Thanks all. Messaged mechanic buddy. He suspects same as I did. That power folding mirrors and locking car was tied into 12V somehow but not listed in manual.

Seems not to be the case with fuse 27!

All's well that ends well. I flashed back to 7UJ Mod. Camera now shuts off properly. So now to test out the Mod with 27Mbps Bitrate (Front Camera) and 17Mbps (Rear) and see how I like it.

General Question:

When connecting to the Camera via Wifi, does it show Photos or only videos?

General Question:

When connecting to the Camera via Wifi, does it show Photos or only videos?
This thread is for Modified Firmware Support, if you don't know how to use your Dashcam probably good idea to read the other dedicated threads.
Also recommend since you never had the hardwire kit wired correctly that you load official firmware for 2 weeks before using any MODs.
For someone that Bashed MODs I have no idea why you are still in this thread except to Troll.

This thread is for Modified Firmware Support, if you don't know how to use your Dashcam probably good idea to read the other dedicated threads.
Also recommend since you never had the hardwire kit wired correctly that you load official firmware for 2 weeks before using any MODs.
For someone that Bashed MODs I have no idea why you are still in this thread except to Troll.

A. I deleted all my posts relating to the fuse problem. Where did I once say your Mod Sucks. Never use it. This guys X and Y. I stated very clearly that I suspected a bug. I was trying to solicit advice on troubleshooting. I thought it originated from your firmware. Which I WAS CLEARLY WRONG and the same problem was replicated on stock firmware, too. Which lead me to troubleshoot further and isolate the problem to a fuse.

B. I have no idea why you consider my posts trolling. I inquired about 2 legitimate issues on here. A. Heat Dispersion which is a valid question. B. Camera turning on. Did I ever once call you names? Attack you personally? No. So why you are taking things as a personal insults is beyond me.

C. I know how to connect to the wifi and pull off videos. Thank you. I didn't see pictures displayed. Might have to scroll through the 100s of videos to find them. Why I asked if the pictures were also transmitted via Wifi, too. More of a lazy question instead of hunting for them if so...And yes, the SD card can always be ejected to pull files off.

Sheesh.

Created new A129Duo - STABLE version 4Um
ChangeLog >
https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html
This Public Stable MOD has slightly increased color Saturation. View the ChangeLog for full details.
Requesting Test Footage to confirm color adjustment is acceptable, once verified will release full range of Bitrates for both Lens types.

FWA129_MOD-4Um_v1.50+24F+20RMbs+Sharp123+Edge132+Sat34+DCTeam.bin > Download 4Um

---
MOD Install Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/
Dashcam Advice: https://viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com/

DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Created new A129Duo - STABLE version 4Um

Requesting Test Footage to confirm color adjustment is acceptable, once verified will release full range of Bitrates for both Lens types.
Installed. I'm hoping for sunshine, as I'm heading out before 5am to catch the sunrise tomorrow.

@BCHobbyist do you want test footage with or without a CPL?

MOD-4Um is all about color so if CPL improves color on your Dashcam attach it. Idea is to verify its not too over saturated. Plan is to only increase color on daytime bright scenes since night color is rich enough. Possibly good idea to test this CPL on and off but it really depends on Lens coating. This MOD is only 24 Mb/s so not the best image quality.
The new MAX 30 Mb/s test footage comparison is almost done.

Cold winter temperatures are perfect for testing extreme bitrate MODs. Loaded MOD-9Uj for 3 weeks each 2 min MP4 clip was between 450-580 MB in size depending on scene complexity. Noticed some graininess in low light footage as expected. The original Rear camera was connected during test. Also loaded 33 Mb/s MOD for a few days with similar image quality results. Most noticeable image improvement occurs at 26.5 Mb/s boundary.

Last edited:
MOD-4Um is all about color so if CPL improves color on your Dashcam attach it. Idea is to verify its not too over saturated. Plan is to only increase color on daytime bright scenes since night color is rich enough. Possibly good idea to test this CPL on and off but it really depends on Lens coating. This MOD is only 24 Mb/s so not the best image quality.
The new MAX 30 Mb/s test footage comparison is almost done.
A129 MOD-4Um test with and without CPL, against 9Uj for comparison of saturation only. Camera has 140deg lens.

4Um with CPL
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf8NNyc0WvsjAD0nHD8e-z-L0jC
y4mJY7vK8svO5Nr1Ebip3qiE9HQOGGNG2Amia2dLCIeGVXzugrCuKc4p0557g6fFx6CK8fxy_jkl7qddZxYm-WGHYTHO0TV4UYrTd1vlAFAXXfQbz8NIxE_NxbvSTFUZk7_5VUwMIcqSOvQSOzWgT_P_Gf8MJdlajwIu8iHLjMkDyVRZyAOopUzEG4D2GS_K2jUb782Pya_XEKOfh2mQekFDA

4Um without CPL
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf8NNyc0WvsjAH2nmXK58NfFlY2
y4mbRMZOP-_Vgf11uPO9qCU8Sm2M0GVbZfl5lOR9ExicOTsydiZq3Qqc8cjgYp7y_s-j2Tsn9IcaqlKKJ1WiTcwNq_nxgo53rx7v-zm4_Iu-LoKaK4nbimXxtmzWd4GI2sZPrVj2QJvJLbxDE6lFKZrMvEhI9F4cQkvdlXJnYyTOiutB51GLWZZ1TeVfvE1CNFPOEd8f0JC72diuo_ieUC-vw

9Uj with CPL
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf8NNyc0Wvsi3-GjilnFo7unjFO
y4mv-qnsImEjStn9iLeNlKWGMf6t3s5KAsitUBpvTx8x3WXaJ3nWXT94nXCu14DBQhn1jmK8cs53ZlDcZnG29JLkuzAcXtNVlgUySrWXB7awCfRjm4RHcYlMdW10n-ntf7KZYgaMUWukCBM2zeO9DihhjL4xwFN20ZYs0IFlqbokHoXQnAdsHV3YDUdrOZHnzdKtAHySiIE2yGbARCGYEo0rw

9Uj without CPL
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf8NNyc0WvsjAKHkhccf0_7uru3
y4m_8sheRJxVQYAoNCXCTkfA6_CPYVlhYQz9Bkc52lbm3n5uqk-y9Aakjo3s_dTjlIuSqzm5FC2x2YcVz92GaYdONoLWlh3X1mPpMxt_tJG44B7B8f1MD3ueb3r3IttTAyoqKPWUyAF47irJgyqxOIKeTuu3PYwDo6Y7ljq_JGiUPx3asWl_b6BLvmlPwBr_rqhZTE0gR2DXhkLa5VnpDMupQ

I don't think 4Um is over-saturated, with or without the CPL.

Last edited:
Back