VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Viofo A129 Built-in Words of Wisdom
Index HEX
261 105 Please Format the MicroSD Card.
305 131 Return camera settings to defaults.
488 1E8 In order to ensure driving safety, please format SD Card and reset the system time.
499 1F3 To ensure the safety and quality of video format memory card.
504 1F8 For your own safety do not operate the device while driving.
505 1F9 Thank you for choosing our product. Goodbye.
525 20D SD card write speed too slow, please use a higher speed card.
597 255 FCWS and LDWS are not active during 1440P recording process.
634 27A FCWS & LDWS don't work with 1440P, please confirm you want to switch to 1080P?
635 27B FCWS & LDWS don't work with 1296P, please confirm you want to switch to 1080P?
636 27C FCWS & LDWS only work with 1080P 30fps, please confirm you want to switch?
649 289 Speed stamp till 100 KPH.
658 292 Please Turn Off Parking Mode first.
670 29E microSD Card Reader Mode.
672 2A0 Require VIOFO hardwiring cable to be installed.
673 2A1 Parking mode will be disabled after motion detection enabled.
674 2A2 Parking mode will be disabled after time lapse enabled.
675 2A3 Motion detection will be disabled after Parking mode enabled.
676 2A4 Time lapse will be disabled after parking mode enabled.
696 2B8 To enter the menu settings, please stop recording first.
697 2B9 While the Wi-Fi enabled, the camera can be only controlled by VIOFO app.

I installed the official 1.9 firmware on my A129 today and noticed the Boot Delay options in the new updated android app version 2.8.5 do not match the camera's options. This is how it appears in the camera vs the app...

A129 / App
Off / 5secs
5secs / 10secs
10secs / 15secs

I have it "OFF" in the dash cam menu but in the app it displays as "5 seconds". But seems to be working as far as I noticed in this setting.
Has anyone else noticed this too?

FWA129_MOD-6Wk_v1.90+26F+18RMbs+Sharp64+Dice.bin mod and it's displaying the same way.

@BCHobbyist this mod is going well so far, have had no issues other than the above

I installed the official 1.9 firmware on my A129 today and noticed the Boot Delay options in the new updated android app version 2.8.5 do not match the camera's options. This is how it appears in the camera vs the app...

A129 / App
Off / 5secs
5secs / 10secs
10secs / 15secs
Good spot.

A129 / App
Off / 5secs
5secs / 10secs
10secs / 15secs
I have it "OFF" in the dash cam menu but in the app it displays as "5 seconds". But seems to be working as far as I noticed in this setting.
Has anyone else noticed this too?
FWA129_MOD-6Wk_v1.90+26F+18RMbs+Sharp64+Dice.bin mod and it's displaying the same way.
@BCHobbyist this mod is going well so far, have had no issues other than the above
Comparing new versions of APP and Firmware are important, what happens when you select 10sec in WiFi then disconnect and use Menu button to verify Firmware Boot Delay setting?
The A129 Boot Delay set at 5 seconds with dual cameras prevents rear camera detection issues during startup especially when WiFi is enabled. I'd suggest @viofo remove the "Off" from A129 Firmware and match the 5/10/15sec WiFi options. I've always selected 5sec Delay since Aug 2018 never had any problem with A129 IR or Duo rear camera detection.
Will finish creating remainder of v1.90 MODs today.

Created new A129 Duo - STABLE MOD versions 8WK , 8WL , 8WM
DOWNLOAD >
https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html
The W series MODs use Buffered Parking Auto Event Detection Mode v1.90 Firmware. View the ChangeLog page for full details.
Requesting confirmation these MODs work with all Parking Modes using Hardwire Kit or Power Bank.
Parking Low Bitrate Recording Mode should work normally with 22-27 Mb/s bitrate MODs.
If other Parking Modes don't work with high Bitrates use MOD-PWK or PWL or PWM.

FW1.90 current A129 Duo Sharpness MODs
Strong
= Wk version - Sharp64
Medium = Wl version - Sharp48
Low = Wm version - Sharp32

Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.

---
A129 Duo Dash Cam Review: https://viofo-a129-duo-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com/
How to Install MODs: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/
Dashcam Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the report. That memory card warning is caused by a few situations none are MOD related.
What size and brand card is used makes a difference especially if its new and empty, not all cards are supported. The other more common cause is the undocumented protected folder limitation. That memory card probably included the protected RO folder containing "read-only" MP4 clips created by G-sensor impact/vibration events. There are now two G-sensor Menu settings > Parking G-sensor + Driving G-sensor. When one or the other or both have their sensitivity too high creating too many events or even a single recording the Dashcam tests for remaining card space.
The warning you noticed can occur in Parking Mode or while driving when algorithm calculates if there is 30% space remaining for protected G-sensor clips. If the RO folder contains 100's of clips the warning will appear when 30% of card is empty even 70 GB on 256GB card, or appears when three RO files are saved but only 1.2 GB card space free.
To prevent this silly "All data will be erased" prompt always copy RO footage to PC then delete the RO folder. Now you know the reason Viofo's new firmware has moved all Parking + G-sensor clips into main folder to prevent RO being created with 30% free space limit, (which I call a BUG, but its actually by design).

Thanks for the explanation. Ended up formatting the card and resetting the dashcam and prompt hasn't shown up again.

what happens when you select 10sec in WiFi then disconnect and use Menu button to verify Firmware Boot Delay setting?

Firmware Boot Delay setting displays "5secs"

Thanks for the great info regarding rear camera connect issues if boot delay isn't used. I've always had boot delay off and have had no issues with the rear camera connecting. But I'll try 5sec delay and see how that goes

I reported the issue to the android app developers on Google Play. Waiting for their response

@bchobbyst 6wk seems to work qith lb parking mode on power bank. I had only timelapse parking mode available in the app.

@BCHobbyist

Following up the issue with the app v2.8.5 displaying Boot Delay options incorrectly and Parking Mode options missing entirely. I had installed the FWA129_MOD-6Wk_v1.90+26F+18RMbs+Sharp64+Dice.bin and somehow that was causing the issue. I've now reinstalled the official 1.9 firmware and the app is now showing those options correctly. Could you look into that as I really liked that mod but unfortunately can't use it due to the issues it caused.

The image below shows how the app was displaying incorrect Boot Delay settings with the mod installed

Attachments

• 20190722_160347.jpg
    20190722_160347.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 24
With Previous FWA129_MOD-7Wi_v1.81+27F+17RMbs+Sharp48+Dice.bin the parking Autoevent detection worked as with Low bit rate.

Tried the new
FWA129_MOD-7Wl_v1.90+27F+17RMbs+Sharp48+Dice - Parking mode triggers but doesnt record any xxxxPF/PR. fwith either G sensor or motion.
FWA129_MOD-8Wl_v1.90+29F+16RMbs+Sharp48+Dice - Parking mode triggers but doesnt record any xxxxPF/PR. fwith either G sensor or motion.

About to the try the Default PWI.. was really hoping the high bitrates work.

The A129 Parking Time Laspe Modes only work when 3-wire Hardwire power cable is connected to camera side port not the GPS mount. None of the Parking Time Lapse Modes work with Power Banks.
I have new A129 (bought it 2 weeks ago), and parking mode seems to work fine with the hardwire plugged into the GPS mount?
I have it set to 3fps if that matters.

I have new A129 (bought it 2 weeks ago), and parking mode seems to work fine with the hardwire plugged into the GPS mount?
I have it set to 3fps if that matters.
It will work but switch from parking to drive mode would be like on powerbank (8km/h), not on car ignition.

The A129 official firmware 7 Parking Modes including 15sec buffer have not worked perfectly since introduction. This became obvious in my own testing which others reported as working fine. High Bitrate modified firmware even after Default Settings done doesn't work with all 7 Parking Modes and the reason I created Default Bitrate Parking MODs. This complex detection algorithm is locked down for sensitivity mask layers and breaks at higher bitrates. Adding to this complexity Firmware must match WiFi APP for full functionality forcing owners to updates both regularly. My testing concludes the most reliable is Parking Low Bitrate Recording Mode which continuously records with audio filling memory card storage. I don't expect buffered Parking Mode to ever work 100% with MODs but plan to continue creating higher Bitrate MODs.

It will work but switch from parking to drive mode would be like on powerbank (8km/h), not on car ignition.

I get the same result using my DOD DP4 hardwire kit which I left connected after my RC500S died on me. I replaced it with the Viofo A129 and hooked up with the DP4 and the power cable is connected to the A129 via the gps unit. The DP4 uses 2 wires instead of 3 so it doesn't know when the engine is on or off. I timed it and it goes into parking mode in approx 3 minutes

Hmm, just got my car back from the dealers and checked it out. It switches from car to parked mode and vice versa within a few seconds of the ignition being switched off/on - car parked up.

Hello @BCHobbyist,

i've installed the MOD-9Wl firmware on my A129 non-IR. I have the issue that most time the camera won't record. The timer on the upper right corner then shows something like "04:31:32", when i press "lock", the display stays on but the lock never ends and no file is saved.

I've resetted the camera after flashing new firmware. I can't remember the exact settings, but iirc they're the same as with the firmware i've used before (different versions of yours)

Thanks!

Hello @BCHobbyist,
i've installed the MOD-9Wl firmware on my A129 non-IR. I have the issue that most time the camera won't record. The timer on the upper right corner then shows something like "04:31:32", when i press "lock", the display stays on but the lock never ends and no file is saved.
I've resetted the camera after flashing new firmware. I can't remember the exact settings, but iirc they're the same as with the firmware i've used before (different versions of yours)
Thanks!
MOD-9WL creates high 29 Mb/s bitrate video, for stable clip recording always use memory cards with U3 write speeds not slow U1.
If the A129 does NOT record normally while driving with WiFi Off and Parking Mode Off suggest trying a few things.
>> what brand, size, speed memory card is used?
- verify total space remaining on memory card.
- notice if RO folder contains dozens of locked clips. (too many clips in RO folder reduce total card space by 30%)
- save important footage to computer then format memory card using A129 Menu, test recording after format.
- swap out memory card to different model/size/speed.
- load MOD-8WL or official v1.90 and repeat recording test.

MOD-9WL does NOT support buffered Parking Mode, use MOD-PWL for Parking Mode.

Hello, I tried FWA129_MOD-PWk_v1.90+ParkingMode+Sharp64+Dice and use following setting:
TLR: off, Loop: 3min, motion detect: off, g-sensor: low, park mode: auto event, park g-sensor: high, park motion: low, freq: 50hz, wifi: off.
The result is as follow:

Driving mode record does not result in 3 minutes file but random result like this:
06:33:58-06:34:36 (00:37)
06:35:17-06:37:53 (02:36) -missing 41 seconds
06:38:36-06:39:55 (01:20) -missing 43 seconds
06:40:13-06:41:54 (01:42) -missing 18 seconds
06:42:19-06:43:00 (00:41) -missing 25 seconds
As you can see it ranges from 37 seconds to 2 minutes 36 seconds and has record gap/missing 18 to 43 seconds.

Parking mode record result OK 3 minutes, with gap/missing slightly (I forgot to take note how long).

My question: Are both of these mode results normal for Pwk mod and setting?
As I thought "auto event" meant it only save/record when there is motion or g-sensor detection.

Thanks before guys.

Back