Viofo A129 Plus Duo does not power on/start in my car.

Maybe the connection between the GPS mount and camera is loose, need to replace the DVR body if it is not the GPS mount issue.
The connection solution is improved in the recent batch.

Yes I did and I am not in indoor garage . Drove around on street and still says no gps. I believe that when it was first installed until few days ago , I think one of the cable was inserted to the port on the mount And the other one to the camera and everything was working fine . The gps , live view for front and both was all working fine . I didn’t test the parking mode at that time though ! After About 3 weeks of installation , suddenly the camera wouldn’t start when I turn the car on. You guys later told me i shouldn’t have inserted one of the cable to the mount and both cable should be inserted to the camera . I did that and everything is working but no more gps now. What should I do now? If I replace this with a new one , will this be another hardwire installation because I am removing the mount with a new one ?i is it now the camera or mount issue?

You have done well till now. Start the dashcam (dc) as normal. Then go to settings, scroll to gps and ensure its on, could just be a settings issue

Maybe the connection between the GPS mount and camera is loose, need to replace the DVR body if it is not the GPS mount issue.
The connection solution is improved in the recent batch.

I have the 16Gb emmc version and I power it via the mount.

I think the viofo cameras was always meant to be powered via the mount, but on older models the connection between the mount and camera would some times go bad, so the solution / easy fix was to put the power plug into the camera instead.
This still work for the GPS to get power and send its signal to the camera, but you could say it it powered backwards.
Anyway that issue to my understanding have been resolved in the newer models like the A129 plus duo.

I think if it is not the mount with the GPS antenna inside it, then maybe you have turned GPS off with the app / settings, there are a few options as i understand it.

1: Off
2: speed
3: speed & coordinates

Personally i always just use speed, the positioning coordinates in footage annoy me.

@ Viofo, I need customer assistance as it is your product. I have GPS turned on in the settings and I have it on number 3 speed & coordinates. So is this camera with 16 GBemmc version supposed to be powered on on the mount meaning one of the cable plugs into the mount and one to the camera like it was by the dashcam installer ? If I did that then camera no longer powers on when I turn the car on . Or did I get a crappy mount or crappy camera ? If I do get a replacement , what should I do now? It comes with new mount ? Will it be another hardwire? If yes I have to go back to the auto technician.

@ Viofo, I need customer assistance as it is your product. I have GPS turned on in the settings and I have it on number 3 speed & coordinates. So is this camera with 16 GBemmc version supposed to be powered on on the mount meaning one of the cable plugs into the mount and one to the camera like it was by the dashcam installer ? If I did that then camera no longer powers on when I turn the car on . Or did I get a crappy mount or crappy camera ? If I do get a replacement , what should I do now? It comes with new mount ? Will it be another hardwire? If yes I have to go back to the auto technician.
Who did you buy it from? They should be your first call for support if there is a fault, not Viofo direct.
If it was @CaptureYourAction then they are normally very helpful...

Who did you buy it from? They should be your first call for support if there is a fault, not Viofo direct.
Currently Viofo is the only seller of the A129 Plus EMMC version I believe. Here in the US anyway.

@VIOFO-Support I bought on Amazon . But amazon can’t provide customer tech support for this. Seller is viofo on amazon .

Last edited:
@VIOFO-Support Now the camera wouldn’t turn on at all when driving . So when it was plugged to the mount it would not turn on . Now when both are plugged in on the camera , camera wouldn’t turn on.

Attachments

• B8D193B8-129B-4254-B36E-6B6AACA296BC.jpeg
    B8D193B8-129B-4254-B36E-6B6AACA296BC.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
@viofo and helpful experts here. I just bought a replacement from Amazon for the same camera . How do I remove the back cover red tape that says GPS module from this new cameras and from the one I currently have on my windshield? I want to install this to see if they work. Very upsetting that viofo has no customer service . I can’t call them in China . Their website chat section is fake cos no one is there . They don’t reply to emails ! Sucks that I have the hardwire kits airways installed in my car and I have already paid $60 plus tips to install my camera. If this new one doesn’t work , how the heck I can remove the hardwire kit without damaging my car? I will have to see auto technician again and pay again to remove the kit. It will be no more Chinese cr*p items in my car. I have lost so much time gas and money on this. I had anker battery dashcam that was installed by the same company in my previous car and once installed it worked fine for years until I sold the car. Anker had awesome customer service. Somehow viofo doesn’t work. Pls stay away from viofo products or buy from authorized sellers and not directly sold by viofo.

Attachments

• 2E87ED7A-43DE-4630-BAA9-E95695588843.jpeg
    2E87ED7A-43DE-4630-BAA9-E95695588843.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Should tag @viofo since they are the ones who most frequently check these messages.

@viofo and helpful experts here. I just bought a replacement from Amazon for the same camera . How do I remove the back cover red tape that says GPS module from this new cameras and from the one I currently have on my windshield? I want to install this to see if they work. Very upsetting that viofo has no customer service . I can’t call them in China . Their website chat section is fake cos no one is there . They don’t reply to emails ! Sucks that I have the hardwire kits airways installed in my car and I have already paid $60 plus tips to install my camera. If this new one doesn’t work , how the heck I can remove the hardwire kit without damaging my car? I will have to see auto technician again and pay again to remove the kit. It will be no more Chinese cr*p items in my car. I have lost so much time gas and money on this. I had anker battery dashcam that was installed by the same company in my previous car and once installed it worked fine for years until I sold the car. Anker had awesome customer service. Somehow viofo doesn’t work. Pls stay away from viofo products or buy from authorized sellers and not directly sold by viofo.
Do you mean remove the GPS mount?
With a new camera, you can test it first with the original car charger.

If your old GPS mount is still attached on the windshield, you can keep it and install the camera on the GPS mount first for testing.

Do you mean remove the GPS mount?
With a new camera, you can test it first with the original car charger.

If your old GPS mount is still attached on the windshield, you can keep it and install the camera on the GPS mount first for testing.
How do I get one to one support from you rather then back and forth here ?

you can just L click on viofos avartar and select "start conversation" then it is just you 2 guys talking in here.

you can just L click on viofos avartar and select "start conversation" then it is just you 2 guys talking in here.
Thanks. Little frustrated with their email support.

The language issue are often there with the Chinese brands, even the very biggest ones often prefer a video of the problem as that make it more easy for them to understand the problem.
At least Dji often ask for that when someone on their forum have a issue with one of their products.

But i think it get better, they do know that if you are international you also need to support English.
Street Guardian, while fully English speaking as it is a Aussie company, well they have still put a lot of decisions powers to their resellers, at least thats how it appear to me.
Even if the boss are also almost radio active on this forum.

The language issue are often there with the Chinese brands, even the very biggest ones often prefer a video of the problem as that make it more easy for them to understand the problem.
At least Dji often ask for that when someone on their forum have a issue with one of their products.

But i think it get better, they do know that if you are international you also need to support English.
Street Guardian, while fully English speaking as it is a Aussie company, well they have still put a lot of decisions powers to their resellers, at least thats how it appear to me.
Even if the boss are also almost radio active on this forum.
@viofo , Right now I got a replacement that I bought again on amazon . I am trying to figure out how to remove the rear part of the camera that says GPS module . The gps module is also the mount ? Do I have to remove the old mount and how do I remove the mount from windshield? How do I remove the mount from new camera to install on my windshield? I can’t try to new camera without first removing the gps module or mount or that is. If the new replacement camera still doesn’t work then I have to figure out how to remove the hardwire kit. I may have to go to a technician and pay again to remove the hardwire kit. Maybe I will have it removed when I have another brand camera to be hardwired so I don’t have to make two appointments and also save some money so they can remove the viofo hardwire kit and hardwire the new different brand camera .

Attachments

• 4C2F8360-5106-47E9-A4F3-CE31BFE013EE.jpeg
    4C2F8360-5106-47E9-A4F3-CE31BFE013EE.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The GPS in mount cameras you cant pry off the windscreen, as i otherwise do with other mounts for wedge cameras, the GPS mount are not rigid enough for that so you need to saw it off with the bit of string most often supplied with dashcams, or maybe some dental floss.
Just have to be careful and saw thry the sticky pad and not the mount,

@viofo , Right now I got a replacement that I bought again on amazon . I am trying to figure out how to remove the rear part of the camera that says GPS module . The gps module is also the mount ? Do I have to remove the old mount and how do I remove the mount from windshield? How do I remove the mount from new camera to install on my windshield? I can’t try to new camera without first removing the gps module or mount or that is. If the new replacement camera still doesn’t work then I have to figure out how to remove the hardwire kit. I may have to go to a technician and pay again to remove the hardwire kit. Maybe I will have it removed when I have another brand camera to be hardwired so I don’t have to make two appointments and also save some money so they can remove the viofo hardwire kit and hardwire the new different brand camera .
It’s not clear from your questions what you are trying to achieve but I suspect that most of them are just common sense, the first part of support is actually helping yourself.
If you want to check the new camera on the old mount then just unclip the old camera from the mount, unclip the new mount from the new camera (this is in the instructions so not rocket science) then clip the new camera to the old mount and plug it in.
Then to test the new mount on the old camera just clip it on, power up and see if you get FPS signal.
These are all very basic, obvious and simple tests to determine where the fault lies.

Realistically, if you initially put the camera/mount in the wrong place, then had to remove the mount and reposition it on your window, chances are it was damaged at that point and the fault has now developed.
Also in relation to support, you need to take into account time differences.

It’s not clear from your questions what you are trying to achieve but I suspect that most of them are just common sense, the first part of support is actually helping yourself.
If you want to check the new camera on the old mount then just unclip the old camera from the mount, unclip the new mount from the new camera (this is in the instructions so not rocket science) then clip the new camera to the old mount and plug it in.
Then to test the new mount on the old camera just clip it on, power up and see if you get FPS signal.
These are all very basic, obvious and simple tests to determine where the fault lies.

Realistically, if you initially put the camera/mount in the wrong place, then had to remove the mount and reposition it on your window, chances are it was damaged at that point and the fault has now developed.
Also in relation to support, you need to take into account time differences.
The mount is just there to hold the camera if I am not plugging anything in the port of the mount right ? My camera worked fine when one of the cable was plugged in to the mount even after repositioning it. I moved it to the middle the next day of installation by the technician. Worked fine for 2 weeks and then It wouldn’t turn on . You guys advised me to plug both cables directly to the camera and it worked fine for a day and then completely died. Therefore it is very hard to tell if it is the mount problem or camera problem. Mine is the 16gbemmc version that I think is only directly sold by Viofo. I will try with the new replacement camera I bought tomorrow . Thanks

Back