Viofo A129 Plus Duo does not power on/start in my car.

The mount is just there to hold the camera if I am not plugging anything in the port of the mount right ?
The mount is the gps antenna.

Therefore it is very hard to tell if it is the mount problem or camera problem.
Just test the new mount and old camera and the old mount and new camera surely?

It’s not clear from your questions what you are trying to achieve but I suspect that most of them are just common sense, the first part of support is actually helping yourself
Right now this thread is looking to me like a troll thread. I cant imagine a user doesnt know how to take out a mount from the camera.

You guys advised me to plug both cables directly to the camera and it worked fine for a day and then completely died.
Nobody told you to power the camera on both ports. This was your first advice you received on this thread:
Connect the power cable to the camera not to the mount.
Not to the mount! Not to the mount! Not to the mount! Not to the mount! Understand????

I consider you killed the camera because used two power sources instead of just one.

Last edited:
I removed the adhesive mount from my windshield . finally . Will attach the new mount and then check. There are two cables hanging above my windshield . One is thicker then the other. Pls tell me which one goes to the”Rear” port on the camera . Thanks

Attachments

• C6E5ADAC-562D-40B2-86E9-83B52F98092C.jpeg
    C6E5ADAC-562D-40B2-86E9-83B52F98092C.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 6CBA0594-2BF2-4566-A63F-F6A45291B12B.jpeg
    6CBA0594-2BF2-4566-A63F-F6A45291B12B.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 798A6319-F687-4292-9D22-EF2245223420.jpeg
    798A6319-F687-4292-9D22-EF2245223420.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
You can check it’s functional before sticking it to the windscreen
Yes good advice . Thanks . There are two cables hanging above . One of them is thicker then the other . To make sure , which of them goes to the “rear port”? Mine is hardwired with hardwire kit . Thanks

Attachments

• FE3837BD-EC31-462D-A00A-7C4948671E8A.jpeg
    FE3837BD-EC31-462D-A00A-7C4948671E8A.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 5
Rear camera cable is a 10 pin connector, power cable is a 5 pin connector
Power cable is with the hardwire kit that is separate from what you get in the camera package ?or the one that comes in the box that is also used as a car charger? Viofo told me one goes to rear port on camera and the other one can be inserted in the mount or the USB port on the camera . I tried both ways with new camera and new mount/gps module and camera still doesn’t power on.

Perhaps start by testing with the cig plug power lead connected directly to the camera and make sure you have power first, no other cables connected

Perhaps start by testing with the cig plug power lead connected directly to the camera and make sure you have power first, no other cables connected
Powers on with cig power plug and inserted to the mount or usb port

Attachments

• E378BC77-420D-46E5-B892-89D5B2E56CC7.jpeg
    E378BC77-420D-46E5-B892-89D5B2E56CC7.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 10
Ok try the same with the hardwire power cable, turn ignition on, if you get no response at all and not sure which is which, try the other cable

Ok try the same with the hardwire power cable, turn ignition on, if you get no response at all and not sure which is which, try the other cable
Doesn’t turn on with the hardware power cable. The other one does r for the USB port or the mount port that means it is only for rear. Just checked to make sure . Anyway it doesn’t power on with the power cable the installer hardwired and installed . Tried both the mount and USB port on camera and nothing . So it is confirms that power cable is bad? Bad Hardwired job? I went back these few days and they blamed the mount which is not true cos I just tried with new mount and camera . They said hardwire was done fine and it was “ internally fused”.

Can you see the small box on the power cable where the voltage adjustment setting is, have a look through the vent slots and see if the red led is on or not

Can you see the small box on the power cable where the voltage adjustment setting is, have a look through the vent slots and see if the red led is on or not
I don’t see any red light there

Then you have no power, check the fuses on whatever circuit it’s tapped to, anything beyond that you’re probably going to have to go back to the installer

Then you have no power, check the fuses on whatever circuit it’s tapped to, anything beyond that you’re probably going to have to go back to the installer
Just few days ago I I went back to a different Installer of same company but they could t figure out and blaming the mount . That guy said it was installed fine .when asked about fuses he told me it was internally fused. I don’t know what that means. I think it was done incorrectly by the first installer and that’s why it failed after 2 weeks of installation. I will try to go back to the installer when they are open. Man ! I never had this trouble with installation 4 years ago on my previous car by the technician of the same company . It was two cameras and hardwired and I never had any issue until I sold the car early this year.

take the cig lead power supply with you when you go so you can show them it works, no LED on the hardwire says it's not getting any power

take the cig lead power supply with you when you go so you can show them it works, no LED on the hardwire says it's not getting any power
I will do that for sure when I go to the first installer . I actually did that and wanted to show to the 2nd technician I went to few days ago . but still blames the mount for not powering on with the hardwired power cable. So it’s the hardwire power cable or both cables improperly installed?

if you have the cig lead and can power it up via the mount then it's not the mount
Right and that guy said it is on and off again and not stable so it’s the mount . So he failed to find the problem with hardwire installation? He kept saying it was hardwired and installed fine .How can they work as technician for such a big company when they don’t know basics like this?

Right and that guy said it is on and off again and not stable so it’s the mount . So he failed to find the problem with hardwire installation? He kept saying it was hardwired and installed fine .How can they work as technician for such a big company when they don’t know basics like this?
plenty of installers around that aren't good, will cut them some slack due to not being familiar with the product, but in saying that their troubleshooting seems flawed, granted I wasn't there so don't know the full details but from what you've relayed it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their capabilities

Back