Viofo A129

You idea about the bottom of the rain sensor is great!! I will test tomorrow. I will to attempt underneath the rain sensor, but I think that is low, the rain sensor is large. I will search some image the similar dashcam with rain sensor on google.

To the OP, I thought I saw a UK professional installer do a pro install on a Ford Focus on YouTube the other day. They went through the headliner. It was fascinating to watch.

Nigel, how does a windshield sensor function? As long as its direct view is not obstructed its OK? Or does it detect heat?

Nigel, how does a windshield sensor function? As long as its direct view is not obstructed its OK? Or does it detect heat?
Don't know about the Ford Focus specifically, but normally rain sensors have an LED that sends light into the glass at an angle and they see how much is reflected back - they just need to see the glass directly in front of them. A light sensor also only needs a small field of view but will not have a lens so will have a wide field of view, it is probably limited by the sensors case but in worst case you will just slightly change the time at which the automatic headlights turn on. Don't know if there are any other sensors in there, from the design of the case I guess not.

The cars that have lane departure warning systems etc. using cameras in that location are more of a concern.

I put the A129 today on Ford Focus. I tried to put under the rain sensor, but the dashcam was very evidence and the cables too. So I put behind the sensor plastic cover, and the A129 stayed shaking because the cover is unstable and the surface area is curved so the sticker don't firm well. I have to put the dashcam alongside of the sensor (driver side).
25f6aaa03d264d29e2ea1bccc5606329.jpg

Enviado do meu FRD-L19 através do Tapatalk

I put the A129 today on Ford Focus. I tried to put under the rain sensor, but the dashcam was very evidence and the cables too. So I put behind the sensor plastic cover, and the A129 stayed shaking because the cover is unstable and the surface area is curved so the sticker don't firm well. I have to put the dashcam alongside of the sensor.
25f6aaa03d264d29e2ea1bccc5606329.jpg

Did you leave enough room to be able to slide the camera off the mount? Looks tight.

Did you leave enough room to be able to slide the camera off the mount? Looks tight.
Yes, I did. If I put them on passenger side, so I lose the part of angle in driver side because the sensor and the cables will to show too. I put it in two centimeters of the sensor, so the dashcam slide easily.

Hi people!
I take my viofo A129 today. I have a Ford Focus MK3.5 and it has a rain/light sensor on windshield center. Someome has a car that has the similar sensor? How do you do to install A129?
Can I put the 3m sticker on dot printed area?
If I put the A129 on right the windshield sensor, I will lose the partial angle on left?
Excuse-me because a dust windshield!!!

As Nigel said it will stick to the dots,
I haven't got a Focus either but the camera / sensor cluster on my mk4 Megane is even bigger, I have been playing around with it today and decided the best position was just lower than the dots as higher up it caught the edge of the sensor cluster in the picture, I would plug it in and use the wifi onto a bigger screen e.g. ipad and you can easily guage the best position then, prior to sticking it on,
I chose to put it on the passenger side as its off centre either side of the cluster and due do driving on the left in the UK I would prefer the slightly better coverage that side (I have the BT button to protect /save files when required)

Nigel - I too tried that location (on the underside of the cluster) picture wise it was good but being almost flat you couldn't see buttons or screen at all without leaning underneath,though the one in the picture looks raked like the windscreen so may work well if its not too flimsy

As Nigel said it will stick to the dots,
I haven't got a Focus either but the camera / sensor cluster on my mk4 Megane is even bigger, I have been playing around with it today and decided the best position was just lower than the dots as higher up it caught the edge of the sensor cluster in the picture, I would plug it in and use the wifi onto a bigger screen e.g. ipad and you can easily guage the best position then, prior to sticking it on,
I chose to put it on the passenger side as its off centre either side of the cluster and due do driving on the left in the UK I would prefer the slightly better coverage that side (I have the BT button to protect /save files when required)

Nigel - I too tried that location (on the underside of the cluster) picture wise it was good but being almost flat you couldn't see buttons or screen at all without leaning underneath,though the one in the picture looks raked like the windscreen so may work well if its not too flimsy
You didn't lost the angle view? I tried to put in dot area, but the part of cover sensor was showing in the display.
Pictures below
5b131930b5b9741dfdb6477379c1402b.jpg
fa543ea8858e8aa625575b3f366172c0.jpg

I don't use the screen or buttons when driving anyway, apart from the lock button, and the BT remote button is much easier and safer to press when driving.

As I said, I don't have a Focus, just looked like a possibility, so I don't know how usable it is or not.

I notice the A129 does not have the lane departure alert that the previous models have. Some other features missing from the menu when comparing it to a BCHobbyist video I saw on YouTube. It seems the feature set has been downgraded IMO in exchange for a second read camera.
The A129 is the newest design and actually looks professional both outside and inside (unlike the inside home-made copper shield of A119S A119 A119Pro with high school project soldering). The LDWS & FCWS don't work with dual cameras connected but works in single camera mode and thankfully hidden from Menu but the code remains. These Warning Systems are 100% useless and a gimic many here advertised as useful in the past. But you are correct they were removed to reduce chipset processing load for second camera support. There are many more new Menu features about to be added in 2019. Will be releasing new batch of A129 DIY videos shortly, thanks for watching.

I have a problem with my unit. When I plug the rear camera, the A129 freezes and stay toggle in display 1080p 60 and 1080p x 1080p and don't rec.

Is possible you destroyed the cable when mounting in the car.

The cable is a normal usb cable or a special cable?

I have a problem with my unit. When I plug the rear camera, the A129 freezes and stay toggle in display 1080p 60 and 1080p x 1080p and don't rec.
Verify A129Duo is powered off before connecting Rear camera and connection is made to correct port using the original thick rear cable. If issue continues power off A129Duo then disconnect rear camera, now power up A129 alone select MENU > Default Settings > OK , wait for restart and configure all settings again with date & time zone, power off then reconnect Rear camera.

That cable is so thick you would need a saw to do damage to it. In fact, it reminds me of those chains used to secure fences its so thick and heavy.

Yup, I don't think there is any room to slide it to the right. For folks in left hand side drivers markets like the US and China, the norm is to mount the cam on the passenger side so its easy to mount the cam close to the right of the mirror and slide it off the GPS mount. But for European markets and I assume the rest of the world this seems like a design snafu on the part of Viofo. This forces a user to mount the cam lower if they want it closer to the center and detach the camera from the GPS mount.

Other comment is for other markets theft is not as prevalent as in the US. You simply don't have the thuggery and hood rats looking to take your cam so there is no strong desire nor need to mount as high up on the fitz as possible. So maybe in other markets it doesnt matter that the cam be mounted say below the rear view mirror.

Make sure that you use the original power cable for the front camera, cheap USB cables may cause this problem.

Guys, I damaged de cable! :cautious:. When I saw that the length of cable was short for the car, I put a adapter on mini usb and damaged it!! (I am a dumb!!). I bought now a new 8 meters cable from viofo store for $15.
Anyway I would have to buy a bigger one, because the supplied original 6 meters is short for my car, because I need more a half meters more.

Back