VIOFO A139 PRO 2CH

zakdk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of getting a VIOFO A139 PRO 2CH , to replace my very old B40 / A118 ones, whould anyone else recommend anything else similiar instead ,many thanks cheers

After waiting all this time, you might wait just a little longer for the upcoming A229 Pro! If the upgrade is not urgent then I would recommend it.

Otherwise it is a good choice.
You will need new hardwire kit, it uses USB C, and you will probably want to upgrade your memory cards - make sure you read the Viofo recomended cards guide.

Thanks Nigel ....reading posts here i came across the upcoming A229 Pro and think it might be wort the wait as there is no hurry to get something asap.
Is there any info regarding release date and its features.

Is there any info regarding release date and its features.
Not much public info on features yet, sounds like you have found it all already.

Release date will be when it is ready, which is planned to be soonish, but there is some new stuff on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer than planned.

Essentially it is an A139 Pro in an A229 case, designed as a 2 channel, unlike the A139 that was designed as a 3 channel, although the A229 Pro will actually support 3 if wanted. It has an upgraded and more capable processor, and some new features that are not yet public knowledge.
If you are looking for something with all the bugs sorted then the A139 Pro 2 channel is a decent choice, but you will miss out on a few things. While the A139 Pro was best dashcam of 2023 according to decent sources, the A229 Pro is likely to become best dashcam of 2024.

Wiling to wait :) Cheers .

Back