Viofo Parking Mode new beta feature

A119 Beta firmware A119_170606_V3.1B – How the A119 Parking Mode works... The Details.

Thanks for listening,:D

i think this should summary all about the V3.1B working method. I had installed my hardwire using vico power plus ytd. i can see the parking mode behavior as per mentioned.

regarding the idea to use gps as signal for parking is good but not advisable for dashcam without build in gps since there are viofo user's without gps module.

Hi, would like to know after using the parking mode during day time in my hot country. I heard that the cam giving random 1 beep sound. Sometimes the parking mode stopped with continous beeping indicating recording is stopped once i get back into my vehicle after 1 hour parking outside under hot sun. After i get in, i just pressed record button and its all go back to normal just with random 1 beep sound through put the driving journey.

Replaced the sandisk ultra with samsung evo plus.

Hi, would like to know after using the parking mode during day time in my hot country. I heard that the cam giving random 1 beep sound. Sometimes the parking mode stopped with continous beeping indicating recording is stopped once i get back into my vehicle after 1 hour parking outside under hot sun. After i get in, i just pressed record button and its all go back to normal just with random 1 beep sound through put the driving journey.

Replaced the sandisk ultra with samsung evo plus.
If the continuous beeps you are hearing are continuously repeating double beeps, then that is the normal warning indication that the A119 has stopped recording for some reason, as can happen in any mode. You need to dig further to find out why. Look for more clues. {Edit: One more thought - make sure Loop Recording is on.}

Don't know of any heat issues with the A119, but I am reluctant to use my A119 in the sun in a closed parked car on a hot day (having 95-105F days here now).

I don't know what the random 1 Beep is. I don't hear any beeps when my A119 switches recording modes while Parking Mode is enabled, except when the Event ! (emergency or crash) recording is activated by a "hard" G-sensor trigger. In that case there are three beeps over a 5 second period while displaying the big yellow triangle with the "!" in the middle on the LCD, even if the screensaver is active. A hard bump in the road while driving might trigger Event ! recording, and it would be sort of random. If this is happening, you should see that the associated recorded files were moved to the RO folder.

Last edited:
If the continuous beeps you are hearing are continuously repeating double beeps, then that is the normal warning indication that the A119 has stopped recording for some reason, as can happen in any mode. You need to dig further to find out why. Look for more clues. {Edit: One more thought - make sure Loop Recording is on.}

Don't know of any heat issues with the A119, but I am reluctant to use my A119 in the sun in a closed parked car on a hot day (having 95-105F days here now).

I don't know what the random 1 Beep is. I don't hear any beeps when my A119 switches recording modes while Parking Mode is enabled, except when the Event ! (emergency or crash) recording is activated by a "hard" G-sensor trigger. In that case there are three beeps over a 5 second period while displaying the big yellow triangle with the "!" in the middle on the LCD, even if the screensaver is active. A hard bump in the road while driving might trigger Event ! recording, and it would be sort of random. If this is happening, you should see that the associated recorded files were moved to the RO folder.

U just refreshed my mind. Yes it's a continuous 2 beeps sound. No RO folder created. I had a failured sandisk ultra usage period 1 year daily use in my old cam before I found out common issue with sandisk ultra failure but too bad all my gadgets is using sandisk ultra. Replaced my 2nd vehicle with high endurance type and carried over the old sandisk ultra to a119. Coincidentally this beeping issue happened after installed vico pp and testing parking mode firmware with 2 hours cut off timer. No problem during the night testing before. Happened just after the hot sunny day. So 1st suspect is the sandisk. Currently the sandisk using on my old dashcam for monitoring.

Hi Guys,

Can I start by saying when I bought the VIOFO a119 a year ago (2016) it had to be hands down one of the best budget cameras produced ( it smashed my girlfriends Blackvue DRG 2 channel in terms of video quality at 1/4 the price). Now with this firmware update with parking mode I can safely say it's a genuinely premium product at an excellent price point.

Can I just ask two questions. Why is this model not a staple in any car or hugely popular?(i feel its some secret here in australia, no one has heard of it) It combines aesthetics, low profile, quality recording both day and night... and yet the only place that sold it was Ebay?

Also...I've purchased a 'power magic pro' with the hopes of having it record while parked.
**Attention Developers/beta testers/users at VIOFO119 park mode*****

As per the youtube video linked,When in parking mode- I notice the LCD screen wakes up each time there is motion/ or shock and is on for a few minutes . Is this intentional? I would like it to record with LCD screen OFF to ensure long battery life when in parking mode. Can anyone confirm if the youtube video is correct? Also am i just being paranoid in thinking that the LCD screen switching on during parking mode will have a significant impact on the battery life?
If this is something not addressed, perhaps it could be added in the next firmware update as i see no real benefit of the LCD screen waking each time in parking mode other than draining the battery quicker!

Kind regards
Zen365

It seem there is a little bug on V3.1 parking mode. The firmware which i downloaded from Viofo website itself.

This is my setting for parking mode.
1. Parking mode on with 5pfs
2. G-sensor off
3. Motion sensor off.
4. Loop recording 3min.
5. Time-Lapse off

Just tested, when parking mode activate (5pfs recording) i try to shake the camera and then it when to Event mode. But my G-sensor setting earlier is off.
And i re-check the setting after the Event mode trigger in parking mode, the G-sensor is automatically switch on to High-sensitivity. And it doesn't go back to OFF setting. Anyone has this problem??

It seem there is a little bug on V3.1 parking mode. The firmware which i downloaded from Viofo website itself.

This is my setting for parking mode.
1. Parking mode on with 5pfs
2. G-sensor off
3. Motion sensor off.
4. Loop recording 3min.
5. Time-Lapse off

Just tested, when parking mode activate (5pfs recording) i try to shake the camera and then it when to Event mode. But my G-sensor setting earlier is off.
And i re-check the setting after the Event mode trigger in parking mode, the G-sensor is automatically switch on to High-sensitivity. And it doesn't go back to OFF setting. Anyone has this problem??

When you enable parking mode, it will automatically force motion sensor, time lapse and g-sensor (high mode). In ur case ur timelapse frame is set to 5fps under parking mode setting.

When you enable parking mode, it will automatically force motion sensor, time lapse and g-sensor (high mode). In ur case ur timelapse frame is set to 5fps under parking mode setting.
This is not good then. What if like our country Malaysia bumpy/pothole/rough road?? Sure got a lot Event lock file. And easily get memory card full.

This is not good then. What if like our country Malaysia bumpy/pothole/rough road?? Sure got a lot Event lock file. And easily get memory card full.

please read 1 page back. summary by 5cowbells. try do understand what is parking mode recording phenomena and normal recording phenomena. Using this firmware in my daily ride yet to see any RO file created except some abnormality beeping detected after sun bathing parking mode while testing newly installed vico power plus on sandisk ultra.

As per the youtube video linked,When in parking mode- I notice the LCD screen wakes up each time there is motion/ or shock and is on for a few minutes . Is this intentional? I would like it to record with LCD screen OFF to ensure long battery life when in parking mode. Can anyone confirm if the youtube video is correct?
Don't see the referenced video, but in the Parking Mode the A119 LCD screen will wake up if there is a G-sensor activated or button press Event (emergency) recording initiated where the big yellow triangle with the "!" inside is displayed for five seconds, regardless of the screensaver setting. If in Normal recording, the A119 will then display the regular screen but with a yellow triangle icon just to the right of the red blinking record dot. Event recording ends when Loop recording times out, and screensaver is again activated. Otherwise I think, when screensaver turns the LCD off, it stays off in Parking Mode.

Yes. See this post and what follows: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-parking-mode-beta.30026/#post-352568. I think Parking Mode is same in A119S Beta as A119 Beta.

Also can download from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A119/firmware/FW_A119_V3.1B.zip

Change log:
  1. Added: Parking mode feature
  2. Added: Lock the previous file while the button pressed in the begin of 15s of current file
  3. Improved: Change the sound for taking screen shot while press the menu button
  4. Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode
  5. Improved: No embed GPS info in movie while GPS feature disabled.
  6. Fixed: Screen on issue while detected on detection in screen save mode
Appreciate your feedback.

Is there a way we can have LCD screen to remain OFF (to conserve car battery) when parking mode activated and it detects motion/shock?

Hi guys,

Please inform if a power magic pro is suitable only for a Blackvue dash cams? May I use it with A119? Is there other solution (not expensive like power magic) but for A119?

Thanks!

Finally, I got my A119 hardwired with the VicoVation Power Plus. I have noticed that when the Parking mode is on, GPS doesn't work--even after I have restarted my car and got it moving. But this defeats the purpose of not having to switch on or off anything. It is just a hassle having to go into the menu and tinker with the settings every time you park or start the car--especially if you need to use the GPS. Could some veteran users care to shed some light on this?

Hi guys,

Please inform if a power magic pro is suitable only for a Blackvue dash cams? May I use it with A119? Is there other solution (not expensive like power magic) but for A119?

Thanks!
It'll be fine - it doesn't care what brand camera you have.

I have noticed that when the Parking mode is on, GPS doesn't work--even after I have restarted my car and got it moving.
GPS works with Parking Mode if "GPS" menu setting is ON. When GPS is turned on a little dish antenna icon appears on the LCD centered on the right side of the screen and the Speed data is displayed in red or green in the lower right corner just above the microSD card icon. If the speed data is red, GPS is not locked onto the GPS signal. If green, GPS is locked and speed data should be displayed on the LCD real-time. Also to display GPS data on the recorded video (over-lay), make sure you have the "GPS Info Stamp" set to something other than OFF.

It is just a hassle having to go into the menu and tinker with the settings every time you park or start the car--especially if you need to use the GPS.

Once Parking Mode is enabled, there should be no need to go to the menu during normal operation {Edit: driving or parked} unless you choose to do so. A possible rare exception is if you are getting a lot of unwanted G-sensor Event recordings (where the big yellow triangle with the "!" in the middle displays on the LCD) while driving with Parking Mode enabled, you may need to check and reset the G-sensor menu setting. I have only seen this happen by pressing the REC button to stop recording shortly after going through a Standby and Time-lapse recording cycle.

Last edited:
Finally, I got my A119 hardwired with the VicoVation Power Plus. I have noticed that when the Parking mode is on, GPS doesn't work--even after I have restarted my car and got it moving. But this defeats the purpose of not having to switch on or off anything. It is just a hassle having to go into the menu and tinker with the settings every time you park or start the car--especially if you need to use the GPS. Could some veteran users care to shed some light on this?

Please double check your dashcam setting as im a vico power plus user with a119 as well. I didnt notice the problem you facing. GPS is working fine with enabled parking mode.

Btw did you disable the auto reboot function on your vico power plus? Just to double confirm as i turned it off as per manual recommended by vicovation.

How is the Parking mode suppose to work actually? I have had bizarre results. All my video lengths are different and I even had some videos that were the standard 3 minutes each and weren't time-lapsed like the other parking mode videos. For reference, I only have parking mode enabled, no motion detection or time-lapse recording enabled.

I am on v3.1. I just noticed that v3.3 is out and I am going to update later. But here is the issue I am having. I am having almost nonstop recording when parked. It seems any tiny movement sets off the camera. My car faces a field of wild plants that move around in the wind and I think that the motion detection (for parking mode) is so sensitive that this movement is triggering the camera to record. From when I parked at 5pm yesterday to when at 1pm I went out of retrieve my SD card, I had 206 parking mode videos already on my SD card. Only a handful showed the parked cars along my car coming and going and one person walking their dog right in front of my car. All the others are of a beautiful field and sky. Nothing eventful. Is there any way to tone down the sensitivity of the parking mode?

How is the Parking mode suppose to work actually?
Is there any way to tone down the sensitivity of the parking mode?
There is no User adjustment for Motion Detection sensitivity available that I know of.

Last edited:
Back