Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

I just uploaded a rear camera compare A139 / T130

I saw someone posted there is an issue with the rear cam installation due to the "big" connector, may I know other users can install the rear cam successfully?
I'm back after a week away. Had a go at installing the rear camera. No way it is going to work with that right angle connector. I read that you have decided to ship the final product with straight ended cable.

To clarify - the right angle connector clashes with the rear window, preventing me from mounting the camera on the glass.

Last edited:
I'm back after a week away. Had a go at installing the rear camera. No way it is going to work with that right angle connector. I read that you have decided to ship the final product with straight ended cable.
I also cannot route the cable correctly because of the angled connector. :(

Looking at people's photos, the integrated T130 gives a worse interior view than the 3 individual cameras on the A139. I guess the benefit of a separate camera is the luxury of choosing it's position.
The A139 has more flexibility in where to position the interior camera, however the main unit can only be installed with the front lens on the right of the mount.

The T130 can be flipped so that the front lens is either side of the mount, but the body orientation also dictates where the interior camera is.

In my case, the T130 is located immediately underneath the A139 interior camera, so both interior cameras have almost identical views. I had to remove the A139 to install the T130 - not sure where the A139 will go yet.

PXL_20210904_164552468-01.jpeg

I also cannot route the cable correctly because of the angled connector. :(
The production version is going to have a straight and an angled connector for the rear cam, as was announced bu Viofo in another thread. I presume we will be able to buy one individually once production allows.

Phil

I'm running my T130 in a RHD configuration as I do not want to move my A139 and that's where the space was available. With reverse image and mirroring on all cams any configuration is possible with the T130, very versatile :)

Phil

The A139 has more flexibility in where to position the interior camera, however the main unit can only be installed with the front lens on the right of the mount.

The T130 can be flipped so that the front lens is either side of the mount, but the body orientation also dictates where the interior camera is.

In my case, the T130 is located immediately underneath the A139 interior camera, so both interior cameras have almost identical views. I had to remove the A139 to install the T130 - not sure where the A139 will go yet.

View attachment 58059

You made a good point. I guess being able to flip the T130 gives you the flexibility of a near identical view to the A139 Interior Camera. Didn't consider that possibility not owning a T130.

Was basing what I saw off people's photos that showed Either Passenger or Driver's side without showing both.

What is the viewing angle of the T130 Interior Lens Vs A139 Interior lens?

I think the interior lens are about the same FOV, at least i did not notice anything special in this regard.
Where i have my T130 offset to the left / driver side, i do also have the front passenger seat in the footage alright, and with just a little bit of the mirror in frame.
But installed that way there are of course a offset Vs my A139 that is mounted on the mirror stalk and so only offset the inch or so due to the design of the camera housing.

I'm running my T130 in a RHD configuration
What do you mean by that? Front lens to the right of the mount, like mine, or flipped so that the interior camera can rotate towards the right hand side window?

What do you mean by that? Front lens to the right of the mount, like mine, or flipped so that the interior camera can rotate towards the right hand side window?

Curious if you could post an interior shot of the T130 vs A139 since both are in the relatively same position. Wondering how a side by side compares.

I'm running my T130 in a RHD configuration as I do not want to move my A139 and that's where the space was available. With reverse image and mirroring on all cams any configuration is possible with the T130, very versatile :)

Phil
I also use my T130 with reverse image and mirror image on the front and inner cameras.

The front cam is to the left and the cabin cam is to the right as seen when seated inside, which allows the cabin cam to swivel right where a RHD car's driver's window is. It's not optimum for centering with mine but it works well enough, and is closer to what I see with my eyes in a LHD vehicle.

And speaking of the interior cabin cam, mine swivels almost too easily. So far it stays positioned where I put it but I think it might become too loose with time and wear. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Phil

And speaking of the interior cabin cam, mine swivels almost too easily. So far it stays positioned where I put it but I think it might become too loose with time and wear. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I was wondering the same thing.
As I am in a RHD country I fitted the Dashcam so the interior camera can be either directed into the cabin or at the drivers windows. I like the idea of using the cabin camera pointing across the driver as it shows the cars on my right when I am turning left and also any cars going through roundabouts.

I like the idea of using the cabin camera pointing across the driver as it shows the cars on my right when I am turning left and also any cars going through roundabouts.
Viofo need to do a version with left and right, then we won't need to decide which way up to mount it :sneaky:

But does it need Front, Left, Right and Rear, or will just Front, Left and Right do?
As you have it positioned there, you need the 4 channel...

When fitting the camera for RHD (so upside down), does the app option rotate the picture correctly or just do a horizontal mirror?
On the A139 it lists the option as rotate but actually mirrors it so if you needed to mount it upside down, your images would be backwards.

When fitting the camera for RHD (so upside down), does the app option rotate the picture correctly or just do a horizontal mirror?
On the A139 it lists the option as rotate but actually mirrors it so if you needed to mount it upside down, your images would be backwards.
It rotates in the same way as the A139 (Flips), but there is also a "Mirror" option, if you set both then it ends up correct.

Viofo need to do a version with left and right, then we won't need to decide which way up to mount it :sneaky:

But does it need Front, Left, Right and Rear, or will just Front, Left and Right do?
As you have it positioned there, you need the 4 channel...

I was blissfully happily unaware of the progress Viofo had been making. They asked me to look at the T130 and now when I compare the front camera to my A129 Duo (first addition) all I want is the 4k A129 (and if they make one with 4x Dashcams that would be cool). The T130 rear cam doesn't seem any better then my A129 rear. It is running a lower bit rate and has a much wider FOV.

Do you know what the processor is in the T130? My spec sheet doesn't say and neither does the supplied User Manual.
Cheers.

It rotates in the same way as the A139 (Flips), but there is also a "Mirror" option, if you set both then it ends up correct.
Ah ok, on the A139 it only has the rotate option doesn’t it. I use it for the interior camera on that so have to set rotate and mirror to active to set it correctly but that was only working in later fw versions.

Ah ok, on the A139 it only has the rotate option doesn’t it. I use it for the interior camera on that so have to set rotate and mirror to active to set it correctly but that was only working in later fw versions.

The A139 has a mirror and rotate option, too.

Back