Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

It's a little big, might prefer straight connector as the right angle connector is pointing downwards for the rear windshield as opposed to pointing up; at least for my VW ID.4
It's USB-C so it fits either way ;) These also fit better than with many cams, and I've had problems with USB connectiions in the past so I appreciate the tightness (y)

Phil

Currently how I have it installed... Might or might not bother cleaning it up later. Definitely not clean, but functional.
oDZD2yu.jpg

MgZJqUs.jpg

Why not pointed to the top the rear camera cable?
Under the rear view mirror could be a better position for main unit?

Here are the details for each of the bitrate recordings on the T130

Low Bitrate in H.264
Front - 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 14.7 Mb/s. 105MB for 1 minute file.
Interior - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 6,936 kb/s. 49.6MB for 1 minute file.
Rear - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 12.8 Mb/s. 91.3MB for 1 minute file.

Normal Bitrate in H.264
Front - 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 20.3 Mb/s. 145MB for 1 minute file.
Interior - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 8,598 kb/s. 61.5MB for 1 minute file.
Rear - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 12.8 Mb/s. 91.3MB for 1 minute file.

High Bitrate in H.264
Front - 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 24.8 Mb/s. 178MB for 1 minute file.
Interior - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 9,020 kb/s. 64.5MB for 1 minute file.

Maximum Bitrate in H.264
Front - 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 28.4 Mb/s. 203 MB for 1 minute file.
Interior - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 9,437 kb/s. 67.5 MB for 1 minute file.

Why not pointed to the top the rear camera cable?
Under the rear view mirror could be a better position for main unit?
Rear cable couldn’t be pointed up due to hitting windshield.

As for front main unit, don’t like mounting too low and if I mounted below the ADAS unit, the interior camera was blocked by the rear view mirror.

Maximum Bitrate in H.264
Front - 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 28.4 Mb/s. 203 MB for 1 minute file.
Interior - 1920x1080 30fps with an overall bit rate of 9,437 kb/s. 67.5 MB for 1 minute file.
This means 1GB 3 minutes or 360MB/minute. Maybe 5.5-6 hours for an 128GB card?

This means 1GB 3 minutes or 360MB/minute. Maybe 5.5-6 hours for an 128GB card?

That's what I got for recording on each bitrate for 5 minutes each with 1 minute file.

I have ben having wifi connectivity issues today. It did failed to connect once giving me an error notice, but unfortunately didn't read it fast enough to see what it meant.
Most of times connects successfully but sometimes the view feed glitches and/or momentarily disappears showing a buffering circle.
I'm using android phone with app version 3.2.0

Low-spec Android 7 phone here. With both the T-130 and the A 139 my phone will occasionally disconnect when using the Viofo app, seems to be random. I've found better stability using this app when I first let the live feeds appear on screen before doing anything else. If the app drops, it will reconnect on next try and it's only one time in twenty or so- I'm OK with that.

Phil

Higher spec phone here ( xiaomi mi 9 ) i feel wifi bother me on the T130, i will try a older phone on it next drive.
Just compiled a plate capture demo video on my usual test highway.

I only tried WiFi for a few minutes after my preliminary installation.

The voice message incorrectly states "WiFi connected" if I use the wrong password. I recall the app does the same on the A139 too.

I saw someone posted there is an issue with the rear cam installation due to the "big" connector, may I know other users can install the rear cam successfully?
Having the same problem.
Unable to get a clean cable install

Photo to demonstrate.

Last edited:
Hi all I'm back!
@viofo @VIOFO-Support supplied me with the T130 so I will be posting again.

Here I have the Dashcam positioned behind my rear view mirror out of my view but with just enough for the IR to view all seats in the car. The Dashcam is very obvious when viewing the car through the windscreen.

Positioned so not in drivers view
A view from the front of the car .

Last edited:
At those angles my "heat and bend" trick won't work :( Figured I mention that before you try it just in case ;) Can do maybe half that though.

Phil
I haven't fited mine (rear camera and cable) since it's not working but it looks like that cable is going to cause lots of problems to a lot of users if that is not changed for the final release going to the general market.

Feed back is welcomed.
That was well done :)

For me, Kamkar's English is easier to understand!
But it was more interesting than most unboxing videos, not just telling us the obvious.

I put a link in post #1.

I noticed your IR is a bit out of focus on the driver, is your driver in focus in daylight? On mine the driver seems to go out of focus as the IR turns on, not sure if it is just that IR needs a closer focus than normal colours or if something else is causing the effect, the back of the car and outside stay in focus and are quite sharp for an IR camera in darkness...

That was well done :)

For me, Kamkar's English is easier to understand!
But it was more interesting than most unboxing videos, not just telling us the obvious.

I put a link in post #1.

I noticed your IR is a bit out of focus on the driver, is your driver in focus in daylight? On mine the driver seems to go out of focus as the IR turns on, not sure if it is just that IR needs a closer focus than normal colours or if something else is causing the effect, the back of the car and outside stay in focus and are quite sharp for an IR camera in darkness...

Thanks Nigel.
LOL apparently I speak Strayaian!
Thanks for the feedback and posting my vid up top.

I have had a look at the focus and agree with you. I noticed in my night drive that the IR seems to be focused outside the car better than close to the driver. The seats look focused but the face isn't. Perhaps it is a focus thing that needs to be adjusted.

I have also found the rear camera doesn't seem as clear as the Viofo 129 Duo. This is only a first observation as I haven't done a proper compare. Another thing I noticed was the rear camera seemed to be strobing to the street lights. I will recheck but I did set the frequency to 50 Hertz but I don't know what LED street lights or the Highway lights frequency would be. More investigating I guess.

Has anyone noticed if their GPS on the T130 is giving incorrect co-ordinance? Mine is reporting the car is in the North Pacific Ocean near Japan!

Cheers.

I have also found the rear camera doesn't seem as clear as the Viofo 129 Duo.
I suspect that is mainly due to lower bitrate. Although in some situations the lens does have more lens flare which can lower the image quality at times.

Has anyone noticed if their GPS on the T130 is giving incorrect co-ordinance? Mine is reporting the car is in the North Pacific Ocean near Japan!
How are you viewing the location?

Back