Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

Only for the interior and rear cameras, front only has rotate option which actually mirrors rather than rotate that’s why I asked about the T130.
The T130 does it for all channels as seen here
NeIGgyG.png

T130 vs A139 : Interior Camera FOV

The interior view cameras of the T130 and A139 have a very similar Field of View. These are screenshots from the Viofo app.

Screenshot_20210905-165957-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20210905-165508-01.jpeg

I will investigate the apparent exposure differences later. Both cameras were active at the same time, so any IR illumination from one would affect the other.

Today I will be conducting a parking mode testing under direct sun light and see what results I get.
Las time it worked flawlessly on two channels but today it will be on all 3, so more heat is to be expected.
This time I will use a temperature prove attached to the body of the camera to get temperature readings and use the interior camera to view the thermometer display and record it.

This is how I attached the probe trying to avoid covering any vent holes and ready to be mounted to the car and start recording for 3 hours as per my timer setting.
As you can see, temperature is 35.8 Celsius ambient temperature (outside the car) and it will be interesting what it will be in the car soon .20210905_130948.jpg20210905_131554.jpg20210905_131655.jpg

T130 vs A139 : Interior Camera FOV

The interior view cameras of the T130 and A139 have a very similar Field of View. These are screenshots from the Viofo app.

View attachment 58068

View attachment 58069

I will investigate the apparent exposure differences later. Both cameras were active at the same time, so any IR illumination from one would affect the other.

Very good Comparison. Nearly identical field of view, sans the A139 seems to have a darker contrast than the T130 more exposure.

Wonder how the A139 vs t130 will handle in summer heat. Hopefully some Aussies will pop up and run these tests. Spring / Summer should be inching up over there soon.

This is how I attached the probe trying to avoid covering any vent holes and ready to be mounted to the car and start recording for 3 hours as per my timer setting.
As you can see, temperature is 35.8 Celsius ambient temperature (outside the car) and it will be interesting what it will be in the car soon .View attachment 58070View attachment 58071View attachment 58072

Try to park in direct sun so the sun is shining on the front windshield. On my A139 tests, depending on the day, it definitely took a few hours before I came out to find it overheated.

Being in Texas Heat, the sun shining direct on this camera will give it a workout. I'll be interested to see if it doesn't shut off similar to the A139.

Try to park in direct sun so the sun is shining on the front windshield.
Stupid me!!! I didn't think about it!! Thanks for telling me what to do... :rolleyes: :banghead:

For comparison to other cameras, putting the probe directly onto the heatsink is maybe not a valid comparison?

Although my IR thermometer didn't think there was much difference between the heatsink and plastic anyway!

For comparison to other cameras, putting the probe directly onto the heatsink is maybe not a valid comparison?
I did wonder about that. But then I thought that perhaps monitoring the heatsink is the closest we can get to knowing the temp of the components inside? Depends if he's doing a comparison or just fact finding.

Reactions: EGS
I was blissfully happily unaware of the progress Viofo had been making. They asked me to look at the T130 and now when I compare the front camera to my A129 Duo (first addition) all I want is the 4k A129 (and if they make one with 4x Dashcams that would be cool). The T130 rear cam doesn't seem any better then my A129 rear. It is running a lower bit rate and has a much wider FOV.

Do you know what the processor is in the T130? My spec sheet doesn't say and neither does the supplied User Manual.
Cheers.
I'm not expecting a 4 channel anytime soon, and if it did arrive then I suspect the bitrate would have to be rather low using current processors, but the next generation processor will be coming in the next year or two.

The A129 rear is actually slightly better, arguably a better sensor although not by much, better bitrate, and slightly better lens (mainly better on lens flare) although at the expense of size. It is also demountable. Personally I slightly prefer the small size, design and 360 degree rotation of the T130 rear.

All the Viofo cameras are Novatek processors, more channels requires a more expensive version, but I think the biggest differences actually come from firmware. With the latest SDK in use the older processors are pretty good, it is a while since we saw processor hardware making significant improvements other than more channels. At one time audio improvements were significant but all the currently used processors sound OK.

Although my IR thermometer didn't think there was much difference between the heatsink and plastic anyway!
I'm not doing any comparison with the other cameras at the moment. I'm just want to find the maximum temperature before the shutdown point as I feel it will happen and the heat sink is the closest I can get. Not so much interest in reading the cab temperature.
In fact, all other cameras are turned off at the moment.

I did wonder about that. But then I thought that perhaps monitoring the heatsink is the closest we can get to knowing the temp of the components inside? Depends if he's doing a comparison or just fact finding.
There is always going to be a temperature gradient, even across the heatsink.

It is an interesting place to put the probe, not too sure what the number will actually mean though, and covering 66% of the exposed surface of the heatsink with insulating rubber bands might prevent the heatsink from functioning :unsure: Not suggesting it is moved, but maybe a second test should be done with it in a different place, just to prove that the result is not be much different.

I moved the rubber band away from heatsink now.

Attachments

• 20210905_150447.jpg
    20210905_150447.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 8
Stupid me!!! I didn't think about it!! Thanks for telling me what to do... :rolleyes: :banghead:

Wasn't meant as snarky. I tested this two ways. One with the sun beating on the drivers side and heating up the cabin. And one with the sun hitting directly on front windshield.

Anyway, appreciate you testing.

Wasn't meant as snarky. I tested this two ways. One with the sun beating on the drivers side and heating up the cabin. And one with the sun hitting directly on front windshield.

Anyway, appreciate you testing.
I initially have stated I was going to conduct the testing under direct sun light, which I did.
I have the Windshield facing he sun.
Will be finished with the testing shortly as we already passed the peak hottest part of the day.
After that I will pull the sd card to inspect the footage.

No question it was a hot day today and regardless of what the temperature readings show, what matters is if the camera stops recording or not in the enclosed space. The temperature readings are just for reference and I will never claim it to be near accurate but it gives me an idea of what is being exposed to.

Back