Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

I suspect that is mainly due to lower bitrate. Although in some situations the lens does have more lens flare which can lower the image quality at times.

How are you viewing the location?

I’ll have a better chance at comparing the rear dashcam today as the sun is finally out and our curfew lockdown might get lifted a little today.

The GPS figures I’m lifting straight off the video and placing into Google maps.

Reactions: EGS
I did some parking mode testing using the low bitrate recording on two channels only (waiting for the rear camera and cable replacement to arrive) while parking in direct sun light for about 3 hours during the hottest part of the day. Our local temperature was about 94⁰ Fahrenheit (34.4⁰ Celsius) with ambient humidity of 70% and not the hottest day in Texas yet.

So far I would like to report that after footage inspection, it looks like there where no overheating issues and/or corrupt files.

I will continue doing some more testing soon and looking forward to see what it will do once the 3rd channel is added.

Hmmm, straight out of the box examples...

I can't place the rear cam correctly because of the plug, and the front is not in the best position due to other cameras on the windscreen.

No adjustments or anything - just placed and drove around.

First day:

Night Rear, interior, front:

Day Rear, interior, front:

Not seen any other examples doing this - a sensor issue (or is it all because of the positioning?)

I have put an A139 Rear Night clip below, along the same road (passing shop "Burning Desires") for comparison.

Paul.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed if their GPS on the T130 is giving incorrect co-ordinance? Mine is reporting the car is in the North Pacific Ocean near Japan!
The GPS figures I’m lifting straight off the video and placing into Google maps.
I just checked mine, having turned the location stamp back on.

Mine is out by about 10 meters, but I am indoors for the test, where most dashcams wouldn't lock on and certainly wouldn't be accurate!

Is it that you are south of the equator and you forgot to put the 'S', or '-' symbol on when you put it into Google?
Don't want to accuse you of being stupid, but that would explain it!
If that is not it, maybe you could give a location you put into Google and showed wrongly, and a Google Maps link to the matching correct location...

I just checked mine, having turned the location stamp back on.

Mine is out by about 10 meters, but I am indoors for the test, where most dashcams wouldn't lock on and certainly wouldn't be accurate!

Is it that you are south of the equator and you forgot to put the 'S', or '-' symbol on when you put it into Google?
Don't want to accuse you of being stupid, but that would explain it!
If that is not it, maybe you could give a location you put into Google and showed wrongly, and a Google Maps link to the matching correct location...

Yep a letter would help!
I posted it into google not google maps and as it turns out google will accept just numbers which put me near Japan. So that resolves the GPS error!

I saw someone posted there is an issue with the rear cam installation due to the "big" connector, may I know other users can install the rear cam successfully?
I finally received my rear camera replacement along with cable and want to say thank you to VIOFO for the extremely fast response and shipping.
The culprit was the rear camera and now the 3 channels are working!

Now that all is working, I had a chance to go ahead to properly install the rear camera and in the process I have found out how difficult is to work with this particular cable due the L shaped angle and it's size (big connector).

I can see this is going to be very problematic for those who want to do a clean permanent installation like I did on my vehicle and car audio shops or any other technician hired to do the job will probably won't be happy to deal with it at the end.

It took me about 30 minutes to fish it out through the rubber boot as I was being so careful to not cause any damage to the boot, wires ot the cable connector itself. Definitely not an easy task with this one.

So my suggestion is to change the design to a straight end on one side of the cable as a few members have already suggested, or there may be another solution available in the works.

Also, once the camera is glued in place, the connector will be touching the glass limiting room for view adjustment. In my case it was barely enough clearance for my desired adjustment as I didn't settle having the connector flipped the other direction as it makes it look ugly, At least bad enough to bother me.

first picture is to show the size of the cable tip against the boot size and one must take in consideration the wiring already inside that boot.
20210902_180954.jpg20210902_193958.jpg20210902_194300.jpg

Looking at people's photos, the integrated T130 gives a worse interior view than the 3 individual cameras on the A139. I guess the benefit of a separate camera is the luxury of choosing it's position.

Looking at photos on here, you kind of get a one side view. Generally, I'm guessing this will favor the driver's side. Although that swivel camera would be great if pull over by police versus a fixed A139.

I was thnking about making some kind of hinged mounting bracket for the A139 interior camera, so you would be able to swivel it 45 degrees to either side, but as a cabin camera are not big on my list or the worry about something appearing at my door i have not moved on the idea.

Yes, the rear cable plug will be changed to straight when T130 is launched.
That sound like a good idea, a strait plug could also be used in the front if the user prefer to have the angled one near the camera,,,,,, either way people will have a choice and that is always good.
In my car with the vertical rear window the angled plugs are working just fine.

That would be neat indeed, but i think having 2 different hard wire kits will be "expensive"

I was thnking about making some kind of hinged mounting bracket for the A139 interior camera, so you would be able to swivel it 45 degrees to either side, but as a cabin camera are not big on my list or the worry about something appearing at my door i have not moved on the idea.
I have mine mounted on a swivel bracket, it came with a 3m stick on mount and a suction cup mount. I just stuck the interior cam to one of the included plates and it can now be swivelled and adjusted all around. It was very cheap to buy.
84201BB4-305D-4589-9DA4-B72790137D35.jpeg
4B6A87D3-0FBE-4988-8C0D-19DE981937EB.jpeg

I have mine mounted on a swivel bracket, it came with a 3m stick on mount and a suction cup mount. I just stuck the interior cam to one of the included plates and it can now be swivelled and adjusted all around. It was very cheap to buy.
Perhaps you need to transfer your posts to the topic for A139. There they will be more useful. :unsure:

Yes i would make a thread in the A139 forum, it is a good solution to the stiff interior camera, and this could potentially turn many off the A139.
Personally i dont care who show up at my door, before they get that far i am out of my car to welcome them. ( well i am at least here in Denmark )

Perhaps you need to transfer your posts to the topic for A139. There they will be more useful. :unsure:
As it’s a reply to Kamkar’s post in this thread it wouldn’t make a lot of sense randomly on its own in the A139 forum would it?
Also it could be useful for numerous cameras including the T130 rear cam to lift it off the screen to help with the cable clearance.

I have done a comparison to the T130 and my A129 Duo and found the T130 seems to be affected by the street lights causing it to strobe. The colour also seems out.
https://youtu.be/dcbX3a-XUoM
Ignore the blurriness of the lights - time to clean the rear window!

Last edited:
As it’s a reply to Kamkar’s post in this thread it wouldn’t make a lot of sense randomly on its own in the A139 forum would it?
Perhaps this will be interesting for many A139 users. Not everyone logs into a new topic for T130.

Reactions: EGS
Back