Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

My T130 is on a little patch of the static sticker, it sit as firm as any dashcam i have had doing that.
Temperatures here have not been below -10 yet but i think -8 - 9 happened a few weeks back, and it is also in the forecast again for the days to come.
No doubt there will be no leaning over my rifle to achieve a zen like state, cuz i have to do those things outdoor.

Something my device started to reboot spontaneously. It does not depend on the ambient temperature.
And it does not depend on the duration of the work either. It happens several times a day.

Bumping this T130 Rebooting.

I am currently on the latest firmware 1027? for front and 0906 for rear
The car hadn't been used for ~3 days.
Startup up yesterday and the T130 started as normal and then rebooted within 15 seconds.
Started on my journey that takes an hour and the T130 rebooted every 1 minute - I even placed a stopwatch on it.

About 30 minutes into the drive I decided to pull the rear camera out.
It made no difference and continued to reboot every 1 minute.
Pulled the power from the cigarette lighter and waited for say ~ a minute plugged it back in and the T130 continued to reboot every 1 minute.

On the return trip, 3 hours later the T130 booted as normal and then rebooted every 1 minute.
I pulled out the power for the rest of the drive home.

I'll try another memory card first and if it still reboots reset it to factory.

My camera only reboot for 5 or so times then it give up, the reboot come after a few seconds not lasting 1 minute before it do so, 20 seconds are more like it MAX
Today updating the firmware i took the camera to my computer table to do it there, and upon plugging in the camera ( to a charger coming with my xiaomi phone ) it also rebooted, and it had just been fine for my drive to my sisters place ( 2 X 45 min drive )
Or that is there it also rebooted, but then after it gave up i just pressed the power button and it was fine.
I was a bit surprised to see the camera reboot on the computer table too as it was still warm from my drive ( this is using the original viofo memory card that was kindly supplied to me along with the A139 system )
Anyway i got the T130 updated just fine, and with the APP i was also able to cycle in between the 2 cameras and not have the APP lock up.

Today i was also running in 2 channel mode with the rear camera unplugged.
After updating i resat the camera ( rebooting ) and then after doing settings i turned the camera on off a few times pressing the power button and here it booted just fine every time.

it is now 05:40 in the morning and i have been up early, will go on a drive later to get my 3 shot in the arm and then a little raid on the ATM machine followed by a little shopping so i dont die from starvation while the shops are closed for the X-mas holidays.

Take out the type c port and plug it in.
non-original type c cables may be insufficient.

In addition, the use of an external powerbank may also have an effect.
I think it has to do with power in general.

mine was also rebooting with 3 cameras and IR lights on.

The cameras require more energy to store power to the capacitors during start-up. this can be a problem if there is insufficient power on the first start of the day even though the Late start option is active.

Apart from the starting problem, there is also the exposure adjustment reset problem.
If you restart the camera after changing the exposure, the exposure setting will remain, for example, 0.3, but the image will change to 0.0.

Last edited:
Power / lack of it can indeed make a camera perform irregular.
BUT ! the A139 i also have which are much the same work fine on the same power sources in the car ( viofo standard power adapter and viofo hard wire kit )
The A139 and other 2 - 3 channel systems have also worked fine on the USB charger i use on the computer table.
The T130 have also worked fine when i just got it, it is only now in the winter it have begun rebooting / boot looping, and as i have been behind on the firmware's i dont think it is some issue introduced with newer firmware.
The battery and generator in my car are also nominal working the battery are only 2 years old, though car batteries like other things have been seen to die unreasonably fast then i dont think it is it, at least my car have no starting problems now that is is colder, but i have not experienced really cold startup weather, i think -6 deg C is the coldest i have started my car in this winter.
And while i do use parking guard one 1 system in my car, that feature are on a 1 hour timer as i dont need parking guard for longer, so doubt that could be bleeding my car battery.

The EV thing is new to me, i generally never play with those settings in any camera.

Something my device started to reboot spontaneously. It does not depend on the ambient temperature.
And it does not depend on the duration of the work either. It happens several times a day.
I found an issue that caused the dashcam to reboot.
The problem was with the car's alternator. While driving, the voltage of the car's network dropped to 11.6V,
and the lower voltage at which the НK3-С operates is 11.8V. Because of this, the dashcam rebooted.

Last edited:
I found an issue that caused the dashcam to reboot.
The problem was with the car's alternator. While driving, the voltage of the car's network dropped to 11.6V,
and the lower voltage at which the НK3 operates is 11.8V. Because of this, the dashcam rebooted.
When the acc and battery cables are energized, voltage cut-off should not occur.
Maybe the lower operating voltage of the camera is high. Therefore, the camera may be restarting.

My car charge at over 14 volts, so i think that is fine

I do have a little LCD ( part of a 3 way 12 V splitter ) that let me see the battery voltage and the temperature in the glove box as that is where the 12 V splitter is

iu

I think i will try and set a boot delay, just to see what happen, not something i would normally do, but you have to try something or you would be a bad tester.

Mine started to bootloop - now it has died completely and never restarted. Completely dead and removed now (Viofo are aware, mine was a pre-production model).

Paul.

It is funny mine also boot looped in the car today, but then after it stopped trying and i was a minute or 2 into my drive, i just pressed the power button and the camera booted just fine and started to record.
And it also worked just fine after my short stay at the hospital to get my booster shot.
Sadly as the camera us USB C i dont have other power sources i could try, or that is i do have a few USB outlets on multi port chargers, but i dont have a USB C wire long enough to reach from the glove box and up to the camera.

About rebooting you should specify this:
1. camera factory sample or official camera sold?
2. what charger are you using? The original to the cigarette lighter? The HK4? Be sure to not use some other charger from another dashcam or some USB slot from car dashboard.
3. what firmware do you have installed.
4. what card are you using?

I expect the reported restarting problems to be because of power used for the T130. @Karagandinez reported that was his alternator fault.

mine is indeed a pre release sample
power sources in car have been the provided one + the HK3C hard wire kit i got for the A139, i cant try others in the car as they are all other kind of USB plug
I think the new HK4 kit are the same as the old one, only being different in that it have a strait USB plug.
firmware's should be the latest ones now. ( official firmware )
Cards lately have been a kingston canvas select, but i am now on a Viofo card after i updated the firmware yesterday.

The biggest problem to me is the camera have worked fine up until the last month or so when it have gotten a little colder, only card i have had fail in the T130 have been my Adata endurance card.
Though to be honest i have not run all of my cards in the T130 like i did with the A139, i have been a bit in a hole and not gotten much done in regard to just about anything.

Originally i wanted to blame low temperatures, but now after having observed the camera in the past weeks it is clear that it dont really matter what side of 0 deg C temperature i am on.

I will try a boot delay just to make sure when the camera kick in my car are also on full charge.
But i have experienced times where trying to manual power it on after my drive have started and it still wouldn't and so just looped again.
Also i doubt if both my HK3-C hard wire kit + the regular power supply are on the way out, buth work just fine with the A139 system ( i am swapping power source in between these 2 cameras depending on what one i want to test parking guard on )

I still need to load the latest FW. I think mine is a pre-production unit as I was in early testing, but I do have some valid input here already. In using both the HK3-C and supplied ciggie-plug PS's I get rebooting problems. My old van does drop charging at idle, but I have done testing while holding engine speed well onto where it charges as indicated by ammeter and lighting brightness, so in those conditions low or dropped voltage will not exist. So if it is a powering problem, then it is due to the supplied PS and HWK malfunctioning.

In occurrences it seems to be temperature-related. When cold (0c or 32f) the cam usually reboots around 5 times before it stops trying. Sometimes it just keeps trying till it works. No pattern to this. When the cam ceases trying a 7-second press of the power button is needed to get it going. Again it might try several times and stop, or try until successful.

Once the cam stops the initial rebooting it sometimes keeps working, sometimes reboots a few minutes later, or sometimes shuts down with the beep until I again do a 7-second press of the power button. This will occur with engine at road speed so the alternator is charging constantly. Again the colder the cam, the more likely this will happen. Once the cam warms up several minutes it usually functions correctly, even if I stop and turn the van off a few minutes or half-hour. Rarely in these times when I start driving again the cam will not start without a 7-second press of the power button. Also the cam keeps going once well-started even if I'm idling a few minutes at a red light and charging is minimal.

At the end of the workday when it is warmer the cam usually behaves better, but still sometimes boot-loops a few times before it holds. I have reset to default settings and reset the cam multiple times using 2 older FW versions and still have this problem. In the summer on the earliest FW or two I had no problems like this regularly happening. The A139 next to the T130 is flawless and even when I switch PS sources from ciggie-plug to HWK.

It seems to me that the problem is likely going to be found in the supercaps resisting charging or needing too much current to charge, or in the charging regulation circuit for them. The effect either way would be to no longer have enough energy available to keep the cam going until the supercaps are completely charged. Yet it normally takes mere seconds for supercaps to charge while the re-booting lasts a few minutes, so that doesn't make sense either.

Readers please remember mine is a pre-production cam which may be different then what is being sold today!

Phil

I also have an experimental T130 camera with the latest firmware V1.0_1027 installed and powered by HK3-C.
But no such problems were noticed.
Let's see what will happen next. Winter is coming.

I can also report that my sample T130 is still working with no booting issues.

Camera is running the latest FV1.0_1027 and powered by the Hk4.

Storage card at the moment is a samsung Evo Plus 128gb

I do use the 2 hour parking mode, so this camera stays fairly busy everywhere I go.

Will see how it will perform under cooler temperatures when they arrive, which will be soon.

I got boot delay going now ( 10 seconds / longest time available ) and the camera have been cooling down since yesterday afternoon ( - 6 deg C ) to today where the temperature seem to be the sale low one.
But now all the shops are closed so not much reason to go for a drive,,,,,, though i will anyway if not then to wash my car even if it was the last thing i did yesterday before i parked the car.

I haven't had any boot issues lately, but haven't updated to the newest firmware yet.

No boot problems or any reboot problems. Factory sample, using HK4, Sandisk High Endurance card.

Bumping this T130 Rebooting.

I am currently on the latest firmware 1027? for front and 0906 for rear
The car hadn't been used for ~3 days.
Startup up yesterday and the T130 started as normal and then rebooted within 15 seconds.
Started on my journey that takes an hour and the T130 rebooted every 1 minute - I even placed a stopwatch on it.

About 30 minutes into the drive I decided to pull the rear camera out.
It made no difference and continued to reboot every 1 minute.
Pulled the power from the cigarette lighter and waited for say ~ a minute plugged it back in and the T130 continued to reboot every 1 minute.

On the return trip, 3 hours later the T130 booted as normal and then rebooted every 1 minute.
I pulled out the power for the rest of the drive home.

I'll try another memory card first and if it still reboots reset it to factory.

I have done some testing but it's late in the night here. Sometime tomorrow after I get a mandatory PCR test I'll update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G T130 2
D T130 58
rcg530 T130 135
mentadent T130 3
J T130 12
Back