Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

It was the right fit for my vehicle. I really like the added flexibility of the interior lens as well...

20210826_105622.jpg

It was the right fit for my vehicle. I really like the added flexibility of the interior lens as well...

View attachment 57969
With the T130 installed below the car ADAS camera, is the interior camera blocked by the rear view mirror? Still debating where to install the T130 in my VW ID4

With the T130 installed below the car ADAS camera, is the interior camera blocked by the rear view mirror? Still debating where to install the T130 in my VW ID4
In my case I'm not able to see the ceiling of the car, meaning that the rear view mirror gets a bit in the way but the camera is able to see all faces of all occupants as well as what is going on outside the windows, particularly the drivers side if I chose to aim it that direction in case a police stop.
Also my vehicle is not equipped with ADAS, so I didn't risk blocking any critical components but in other vehicles could be different.

What I would suggest you doing is to move it around while you are watching the picture on your phone and see how much it gets blocked by the rear view mirror and adjust accordingly. Once you find the best spot, then it's time to mount it permanently.

Last edited:
Yeah. even with a blank sheet / windscreen, most often i also hold the camera up and move it around to see on screen or Phone screen how things look.
And i have burned my fingers doing that with a unnecessary low aimed lens, so when it got aimed up to where horizon was good, then i had dotted area in the frame. :rolleyes::oops:

I think for the first time, and i say this with no negative in my mind, but this time i think i will try and use one of those anti static stickers for mounting, just to get that experience too.

The only bit of a downside is that I see a bit more of the hood/nose of the car compared to what the other cameras see but sacrifices must be made.

Like how you point out the easy SD card access.
Many people will complain to Viofo they can not take out the card. Just wait...

If Viofo will make a wedge mount as the second mount of actual mount which is sticking on the windshield, then will be possible to mount the T130 even closer to the sensor boxes and in this way you will not have an empty space between the sensors box and T130 like we see in your picture.
If that empty space will be minimal, the T130 will look like is another part of the sensors box.
Also on my car there is an empty space and I don't like this because I know it can look better if using an wedge mount. If Viofo will not create it maybe some 3D printing can be created by somebody.

enjoy,
Mtz

Many people will complain to Viofo they can not take out the card. Just wait...

If Viofo will make a wedge mount as the second mount of actual mount which is sticking on the windshield, then will be possible to mount the T130 even closer to the sensor boxes and in this way you will not have an empty space between the sensors box and T130 like we see in your picture.
If that empty space will be minimal, the T130 will look like is another part of the sensors box.
Also on my car there is an empty space and I don't like this because I know it can look better if using an wedge mount. If Viofo will not create it maybe some 3D printing can be created by somebody.

enjoy,
Mtz
I think that is a very good observation.

Is there an AV exit?
Which processor?

I think for the first time, and i say this with no negative in my mind, but this time i think i will try and use one of those anti static stickers for mounting, just to get that experience too.
I cut mine into 4 pieces, giving me 4x the number. Still large enough to make removal easy, and still stick perfectly well, however they do not appear to be reusable, and neither is the 3M pad.

Reactions: Mtz
What I would suggest you doing is to move it around while you are watching the picture on your phone and see how much it gets blocked by the rear view mirror and adjust accordingly. Once you find the best spot, then it's time to mount it permanently.
You should also check it at night, since the IR lamps can illuminate the back of the mirror and cause exposure problems at night if there is too much mirror in the image, especially if the mirror is bright IR coloured, or reflective. It can be surprising what is bright in IR, I have a very black jumper that is very bright to the camera at night.

You should also check it at night, since the IR lamps can illuminate the back of the mirror and cause exposure problems at night if there is too much mirror in the image, especially if the mirror is bright IR coloured, or reflective. It can be surprising what is bright in IR, I have a very black jumper that is very bright to the camera at night.
True.
I just installed this morning and I will check tonight to see how much the ir light bouncing back from the mirror will affect the picture.

IMX 307 is the latest generation, IMX291 is the previous generation, however it is also a more expensive sensor, a bit bigger with larger pixels that collect more light, so for very dark the IMX291 probably does better, but under streetlights the IMX307 works fine and tends to give a cleaner image.

A lot depends on how the cameras use the sensors though, so not really possible to say which is best without a side by side comparison, and even then it will be a close competition, possibly one will win, or maybe one will win in certain lighting conditions and the other in other lighting conditions. The actual rear cameras are similar design on A139 and T140, so there is no reason to choose one over the other for fitting or whatever, just the cable thickness and since the firmware has been having adjustments made, I'm not sure my testing so far will have been valid for the production cameras/firmware, so I'm not going to declare which is the best rear camera, just that they are both good. Someone will post images, hopefully comparing in several different lighting situations.

Based on this video, I believe that IMX291 is slightly better than IMX307 in most cases just by looking at the leaves, branches, etc....There were fewer cases were IMX307 was better but it did exist.
IMX307 seems like the closest we'll get to IMX291 quality.

This is not a replacement for the A139, the A139 is the superior camera, it has the thin cables, wedge design, external microphone, physical memory card lock etc., designed as a more professional camera, it should be more expensive. Also some people will not like the cylinder design, while others will, so both will sell. The A139 may get an upgrade at some point making the difference even bigger, while I suspect this will keep the current specification for a lot longer.
Those things are optional accessories that have their own additional costs and have to be bought separately?
Which leaves wedge design and thinner cables as the only differentiating factor to compare a potential price difference between both dashcams?

IMX 307 certainly has a lot more dynamic range than the IMX 323 that it replaces, yes the IMX 327 is the 291 upgrade, but nobody is using it due to the price, we will probably move to 2K instead for better rear quality!
My understanding is that BlackVue DR750X+ uses IMX327 on the front and rear?
I have not looked at that new one specifically since it just came out but I was not impressed with the video quality on most BlackVue cams in general when I looked at them in the past(compared to a Viofo or Street Guardian) as that is my #1 priority, and I also don't want to end up having to use their own proprietary cards which cost as much as dashcam or even more in many cases.

I must say...I won't mind seeing IMX335 on both the front and rear...Both in 2K. :)

Went out this morning to install the rear cam- 6 hours later I was done :eek: Reworked the sloppy cable runs for all the cams (except passenger side cam which was OK) so it's all hidden and neat and working logically. I ran 2 USB-C power cables, 2 USB Mini cables, and 2 USB Micro cables up front which should hopefully cover future cam testing too ;) I now have one ciggie socket open up front, 2 in the rear, and a USB Micro HWK in place on standby if needed. Had to move the A139 rear cam slightly due to better cable routing and swapped the driver's side cam for a B4K. Also cleaned all the glass. Too tired to configure and test all the cams and changes, will get that and post some vids in the morning :cool:

Phil

No IR reflection from mirror.
Screenshot_20210826-225514_Gallery.jpg

It is not terrible exposed, and i do try and not expose it more than it need to be to not get too may of the girls out there would up too tight, but my face are on the internet.
For the occasional test of a 2-3 channel uber cam i am good, but there are no pictures of brother / uncle me on various social media some in my family sadly frequent.
TBH i dont think i have any in face footage from the A139, but i do recall having that from testing the B2W and the Zenfox T3, and also for using the Blueskysea B1W as a cabin camera for a while during its test phase.

Installed in my car, the T130 has 'just enough' vertical angle adjustment to aim the front camera at an acceptable angle, with about 50:50 sky:road.

My windscreen is rather shallow at about 23 degrees. I have the camera body rotated all the way round, and the lens is pointed as far down as it will go. I get the same result if I turn the camera upside down, so the range of adjustment is the same both ways.

Some users may have even shallower windscreens, in which case they would benefit from a thin wedge mount rather than a flat mount - perhaps a thin wedge can be included in the box, or as an optional extra @VIOFO-Support ?

I also notice a minor error. The OSD text runs off the right edge of the frame.
1630097832266.png

Last edited:
A 2ch without the rear seems more likely, might not read many plates behind but an interior camera can be very useful for showing who was at fault in a rear collision.
The manual shows the rear camera as an optional accessory, so a front/interior 2CH variant sounds quite likely

How likely is it that this will be the new 3CH dashcam from Viofo going forward(assuming the 3CH A139 will be discontinued at some point) since this is mainly the same specifications with a few cost saving measures thrown in as you directly pointed out and will likely fit in the same price range as the current A139?
A139 is a different factor and will be continued, there are still potential for this model. We will release different versions in the future like support waterproof rear cam that can mount outside the car.

I saw someone posted there is an issue with the rear cam installation due to the "big" connector, may I know other users can install the rear cam successfully?

Back