Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

Installed in my car, the T130 has 'just enough' vertical angle adjustment to aim the front camera at an acceptable angle, with about 50:50 sky:road.
There is no problem with front lens angle because you can also rotate the whole camera, not only the front lens.
But like I said in my video from first page, the best is to rotate main body completely and then adjust the front lens.

I see you didn't mounted the camera in the center of the windshield. I consider this model can be mounted centered.

Just be careful rotating the body completely as you could cause some damage (according to the included manual) I assume the part at risk is the power flex/ ribbon.

It was the right fit for my vehicle. I really like the added flexibility of the interior lens as well...

View attachment 57969

Do you have the camera hardwired? Have you parked it in direction sun and subjected it to Texas Heat? Does it have overheat issues, turn off, freeze or has it fared well so far?

There is no problem with front lens angle because you can also rotate the whole camera, not only the front lens.
But like I said in my video from first page, the best is to rotate main body completely and then adjust the front lens.
I have to rotate the main body completely AND adjust the front lens to its lowest point. That is why I said there was just enough adjustment available, for my car.

The manual shows the rear camera as an optional accessory

The box say T130 3CH - Triple channel dash cam, if the camera is 2 channel with a option for a 3 camera it should say something else i think.

The box say T130 3CH - Triple channel dash cam, if the camera is 2 channel with a option for a 3 camera it should say something else i think.

Just like the A139, there's 2 channel option which I'm guessing the T130 will have a 2 channel (front+interior) option only. At least the user manual says rear camera and cable is optional... If I recall, the user manual only says T130 and doesn't say 2CH or 3CH - a bit more generic - so that it can have two version/SKU of the T130 when it launches.

I see you didn't mounted the camera in the center of the windshield. I consider this model can be mounted centered.
My car has a low rear view mirror. If I mount the T130 in the centre, it can not see inside the vehicle.

I think the ideal position for me is where I have the A139 installed, next to the sensor pod. I might remove the A139 soon, just for testing the T130.

Last edited:
It could also be there is 2 boxes of course, i have received a full kit so 3 CH - HWK and CPL filter + BT button
I guess you could also use a box with this writing if you are careful with your sales material, so people shopping that are visual oriented and think they get a 3 channel damn cheap dont feel cheated when they get a 2 channel in a box that say 3 channel.

I think if it was me i would have made the box neutral just saying T130, and then with a additional sticker identify if it is a 2 or 3 channel version inside.
The rear camera is depicted on the box, but that is okay i think as it is a option

In a RHD car, you would have to install the camera upside down to be able to aim the interior camera at the driver door.
Then again i cant recall a single occasion where a European have asked for the ability to do so,,,,,,, even if our police are far from as good as they should be

I do like that the event button on the camera are now distinct VS the other 3, that is somewhat of a problem on the A139 i feel.
Okay on the T130 the button are still quite close to the other ones, but at least it is on the end, and the button next to it is just wifi on/off which should not matter if you accidental press that too trying to lock a event manual.

In a RHD car, you would have to install the camera upside down to be able to aim the interior camera at the driver door.
I looked at a few mount options with the camera upside down, so that I can try the indoor camera aimed to the side. If I remove the A139 I think perhaps I can do it.

Yeah as a addict or should i say tester you do at times have to compromise due to camera numbers.
In my car the A139 will last to the end of the year, or at least that is my sincere plan so far.

@kamkar you are correct. I should remove the A139 so I can give the T130 a fair test.

I saw someone posted there is an issue with the rear cam installation due to the "big" connector, may I know other users can install the rear cam successfully?
I think the problem is if you need to push the right angle plug through a small tube (pipe) from the car interior to the tailgate, or through another small space inside the car. The previous camera cables have a straight plug at one end, so you can push that through the small spaces instead of the right angle plug, this cable has a right angle both ends. Maybe it needs a straight male-female connection near the rear, and then either a short or long extension depending on the length of the car.

I saw someone posted there is an issue with the rear cam installation due to the "big" connector, may I know other users can install the rear cam successfully?

It might be good for the rear cam cable to have one straight connector and one right-angle connector. This will allow easier routing through small places.

Nothing is going to be perfect for everybody.

Phil

Then again i cant recall a single occasion where a European have asked for the ability to do so,,,,,,, even if our police are far from as good as they should be
In addition to Europe, there are other countries on earth where Viofo products are bought and it is advisable to record the driver's door there when communicating with the police.
I think buyers there will be happy with the new T-130.

My first impressions on having mine the car:

It's big. I'm undecided as to whether the size is what I would want, however, it is a very smart looking camera. Currently not located ideally on the windscreen because of my other cameras though. The other thing is, I cannot get the angle of the rear camera as low as I would like it because the power cable presses against the glass.

I'll run it a few days to check video quality next and also look at repositioning it if I can.

Paul.

The other thing is, I cannot get the angle of the rear camera as low as I would like it because the power cable presses against the glass.
I ran into that too. I heated the strain-relief area with a lighter and bent it when it softened from the heat and held it there till it cooled and set. Use a piece of metal to do the shaping with; plastic this hot will burn even work-toughened fingers. Also understand that there's a risk of breaking the wires which won't be covered under warranty. I have killed some other cables doing this so do at your own risk.

This is why I think a straight + angled cable might be the best approach; even if not a pretty install at least problem situations like this will cease to be a problem.

Phil

It's a little big, might prefer straight connector as the right angle connector is pointing downwards for the rear windshield as opposed to pointing up; at least for my VW ID.4

Yes i think a strait + angled plug combo is the best solution, even if you used the angle at the camera the strait plug at the camera end should not be catastrophic bad.
Looking forward to how it fall out for me with the rear camera, i might have a better chance than others as my rear window are pretty much vertical on my little hatchback.

Back