VIOFO's A119S

@viofo and @jokiin

Is the increase in noise by any chance related to an added strain on the sensor (if any?) when having to deal with extremely bright or low-light situations?

@viofo and @jokiin

Is the increase in noise by any chance related to an added strain on the sensor (if any?) when having to deal with extremely bright or low-light situations?

Yes. No. Maybe. Go get your brain scanned!

Could you experts pitch in..?

I haven't seen the camera with this update to know what's happening, not sure how video could be effecting the sound (never say never with this type of thing), are others experiencing the same?

Yes, a few users seem affected with the new Beta.

From my observation the noise increases with brightness on the Beta whereas earlier it increased in extreme low-light situations.

The 'no lights' performance is what sold me on the Sony sensors :D Compared to nearly anything else it sees more then, when many cams are essentially blind :eek:

Phil

Is there any way to tell the difference between the V2 with F1.6 lens and the updated F1.8 lens?

After much deliberation ... I have finally decided on the Viofo A119s v2 with CPL and have placed my order with Chris Hunt from Dashcams Central here in Oz.

I figure the wedge design will fit nicely on my rear window which has quite an acute angle. Will try it both in the middle and each top corner.
Corner to see if I can get it out of my rear vision mirror?
Looking forward to getting this baby up and running to go with my MF3 up front.

Was looking for a 1440p like the Vico, A119 ...only due to impressive footage of the A119s v2 with Starvis that improved night time vision - presented in the above Videos by 'harsh' ... decided on the A119s
Love your work harsh - much appreciated :D

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just bought the A119s recently, but my video quality seem much weird compared to other user's videos. Out of the box settings, the light is so... blurring?
0ZhSW7w.jpg

Dirty lens or window will create that effect, changing the exposure value won't cause or cure it, there's something else going on

Maybe have a close look at the lens and see if you see anything unusual

Dirty lens or window will create that effect, changing the exposure value won't cause or cure it, there's something else going on

Maybe have a close look at the lens and see if you see anything unusual
I1nWaUn.jpg

To be honest, I dont know if this is alright or not.

Back