VIOFO's A119S

Yes, I know reinstalling temporarily fixes the xxxxx issue, but I'm curious about why your screen in the last picture looks messed up on the left half. Does that occur with the xxxxx issue as well.

The screen messing up IMO is connected to the changes made for resolving the boxes error in V 1.4 or probably due to the alterations in V 1.6, as with V 1.2 the boxes appeared, recording stopped but the screen still displayed a live view.

Last edited:
The screen messing up IMO is connected to the changes made for resolving the boxes error in V 1.4 or probably due to the alterations in V 1.6, as with V 1.2 the boxes appeared, recording stopped but the screen still showed a live view.
I have seen this once from a user on Reddit about a week ago. He was using a version earlier than V1.4. I don't think he had the xxxxx on the screen, I'll have to check the posting.

Yes, I know reinstalling temporarily fixes the xxxxx issue, but I'm curious about why your screen in the last picture looks messed up on the left half. Does that occur with the xxxxx issue as well.

I experienced a very similar screen static issue on one of the SG9665GC units I had except that it was across the entire screen. It was a hardware problem.

I experienced a very similar screen static issue on one of the SG9665GC units I had except that it was across the entire screen. It was a hardware problem.
Looks like a hardware issue, but I'm wondering if reinstalling the firmware fixed it on harsh' s unit.

Can anyone advise the best 10 or 15 foot cable to connect to a rear fitted A119S if the Monoprice cables as mentioned in earlier posts are not working reliably with these cameras please..

Looks like a hardware issue, but I'm wondering if reinstalling the firmware fixed it on harsh' s unit.

Always worth a try! :)
Could just be a temporary corruption glitch.

Reinstalling the firmware fixes the glitch. Reinstalled V 1.6 and ran it off a power bank for three hours before putting it back in the car.

Is it like that all the time or is this after sun exposure?

Is the lens and both sides of your windows clean? Inside windshield will often have smudges.

Can anyone advise the best 10 or 15 foot cable to connect to a rear fitted A119S if the Monoprice cables as mentioned in earlier posts are not working reliably with these cameras please..

These will probably do best, but your piggy bank will hate you afterward :eek:
https://paracable.com/

Phil

These will probably do best, but your piggy bank will hate you afterward :eek:
https://paracable.com/

Phil

Looks like 5ft is the maximum they carry and that too micro USB.

If they did carry a 10ft or 15 ft version, going by their pricing on the current offerings, won't be surprised if it ends up north of $50 a piece.

Last edited:
What's wrong with the Monoprice cables? I just bought a 15 footer that I'm going to use for a rear window dashcam. I'd hate to find out after installation it's not good.

I've had extensive experience using Monoprice cables for rear and side dash cam installations. In "some" situations where people blame the cable (especially the 15 footer) for problems with their dash cams, the real culprit is the 12V cigarette lighter adapter.
It is important to use a high quality adapter/charger with a regulated voltage output and sufficient amperage. As @harsh says, YMMV. In only one instance did I have a particular camera that was not happy with a long run of Monoprice cable, so it can happen.

I've had extensive experience using Monoprice cables for rear and side dash cam installations. In "some" situations where people blame the cable (especially the 15 footer) for problems with their dash cams, the real culprit is the 12V cigarette lighter adapter.
It is important to use a high quality adapter/charger with a regulated voltage output and sufficient amperage. As @harsh says, YMMV. In only one instance did I have a particular camera that was not happy with a long run of Monoprice cable, so it can happen.

I'm using a 5 port Power IQ model from Anker that doesn't have any quick-charge ports. In my case I don't think the 12V adapter is to blame as all other cameras work without any issues while utilising the same 10ft and 15ft Monoprice cables.

I still have my 4 port Aukey adapter and as it's easier to keep an eye on the camera in the rear, I'm planning on remounting the A119S in the rear to see if the boxes error reappears. If the supplied 3.5 metre cable doesn't make it to the camera, will try out the current Monoprice 15ft cable with the Aukey adapter and see how the A119S behaves.

I'm using a 5 port Power IQ model from Anker that doesn't have any quick-charge ports. In my case I don't think the 12V adapter is to blame as all other cameras work without any issues while utilising the same 10ft and 15ft Monoprice cables.

I still have my 4 port Aukey adapter and as it's easier to keep an eye on the camera in the rear, I'm planning on remounting the A119S in the rear to see if the boxes error reappears. If the supplied 3.5 metre cable doesn't make it to the camera, will try out the current Monoprice 15ft cable with the Aukey adapter and see how the A119S behaves.

I have an Anker 2 port model. For some reason after having it in service for almost a year it started causing occasional start-up issues with my rear Mobius so I swapped it for an Aukey and the problem went away.

Back