VIOFO's A119S

Should I turn on the WDR, and lower the EV? Gonna take this out to try on the road again.

the symptoms you have don't suggest a settings issue

try recording outside the vehicle and not through the windscreen and see if you still get the flaring of the lights

the symptoms you have don't suggest a settings issue

try recording outside the vehicle and not through the windscreen and see if you still get the flaring of the lights
Ok, I will leave them as off and EV 0 then.

EDIT: Yeah, so I did 2 things, first is reset to default setting one more time, second is I change my sd card from Samsung evo to Lexar 1000x.

Now everything seem fine so far, but because of my headlight is too bright (new car), white color + victorian plate is also in white results in hard to read other near car's plates so lower the EV, -1 a bit dark so I might change to -2/3.

Last edited:
Received my VIOFO A119s from Chris Hunt at 'Dashcams Central' here in Oz ... A V2 upgraded to the latest FW

And to top all the included generosity from Super Nice Guy ---> Chris - I set the A119s up in my Car and gave it a test run - Sunny day, dusk and night.
I was using a 3 way input into the Cig lighter input ... with 2 Cams and a Garmin GPS.

Initially, there was issues with what appeared to be interrupted power supply ... as the video was jerky and frames would freeze (not too much unlike what happened with my Vico MF3 ... only the MF3 was nowhere near as often - and ended up being the high bitrate being unstable, which was fixed by lowering the bitrate in the most recent Vico FW Update.

On one occasion the Cam switched off. Once going again - it was interrupted when moving the power lead .. so it was either a loose connection at the Cig input or at the input into the GPS on the Cam.
I know there have been a number of problems with the GPS input, however ... I'm thinking it is the Cig input end, as it was close to where I had moved the lead. Anyway, I managed to get a better connection .. so all good for the moment. Hardwiring will sort out those loose ends :p

Apart from that ... the CPL is fitted, although it is a bit difficult on first try to sort out the adjustment for the dash reflection on the windscreen .. with the lens being so close to the windscreen ... with hardly any room to get your fingers around the CPL to adjust it.

This would be an advantage of the WR1 design that hangs straight down - it has plenty of clearance to adjust it - once the CPL becomes available.

The Video Quality is very good ... I've set it for 1080p 60fps for Day and night with CPL left on 24/7
I'm very happy with the A119s as a rear Cam to go with my Vico MF3 front.

*Feels much more at ease driving, knowing you have both the front and back covered with a Dash Cam.
It sits in the middle of the rear window in full view of those behind me ... which is good.

MAC's Quick Time 10.4 handles the files just fine, which are the same as the MP4 that the Vico uses.

*Huge thanks to all who have assisted with this choice, 2nd time around ... VIOFO ... Chris Hunt ... and 'The Usual Suspects' on the Forum (You know who you are :D)

Last edited:
Hey folks... This is my first post and glad to join this community. I've ordered my A119S and it's on the way. I have a question regarding which memory card should I buy for this dash cam? In India, Transcend High Endurance card is VERY EXPENSIVE. I am willing to spend around 3000 INR for a 64GB card. Which card do you guys recommend?

Hey folks... This is my first post and glad to join this community. I've ordered my A119S and it's on the way. I have a question regarding which memory card should I buy for this dash cam? In India, Transcend High Endurance card is VERY EXPENSIVE. I am willing to spend around 3000 INR for a 64GB card. Which card do you guys recommend?

Welcome to DCT. I use a PNY 64gb green elite without any problems.

Take a look on this video about how to chose SD ram for dashcam.

Get the regular one from Transcend, if you can find it. Available on FK but for some reason shows out of stock for my Pin Code - https://www.flipkart.com/transcend-64-gb-microsdxc-class-10-45-mb-s-memory-card/p/itmdsa67pkehxfbv

My 2nd choice would be the Samsung EVO+ - https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-ev...ass-10-80-mb-s-memory-card/p/itme6wt6aggngngu

Can't see either on Amazon.

Get the regular one from Transcend, if you can find it. Available on FK but for some reason shows out of stock for my Pin Code - https://www.flipkart.com/transcend-64-gb-microsdxc-class-10-45-mb-s-memory-card/p/itmdsa67pkehxfbv

My 2nd choice would be the Samsung EVO+ - https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-ev...ass-10-80-mb-s-memory-card/p/itme6wt6aggngngu

Can't see either on Amazon.

Thanks for responding Harsh! The Transcend one on Flipkart is Out of Stock for me as well (Bangalore). Will definitely look for it on other website. Samsung EVO+ is available though. BTW, would you recommend Samsung PRO Plus? It's within my budget and might be better than EVO+. Thoughts? https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-pr...ass-10-95-mb-s-memory-card/p/itme6wt6cdgqx2sb

Also, do you think 128GB will have more life than a 64GB card as the re-write interval will be longer?

Thanks for responding Harsh! The Transcend one on Flipkart is Out of Stock for me as well (Bangalore). Will definitely look for it on other website. Samsung EVO+ is available though. BTW, would you recommend Samsung PRO Plus? It's within my budget and might be better than EVO+. Thoughts? https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-pr...ass-10-95-mb-s-memory-card/p/itme6wt6cdgqx2sb

Also, do you think 128GB will have more life than a 64GB card as the re-write interval will be longer?

Theoretically it should as the write cycles would be cut in half.

I've been using a 128GB from Sandisk with my SG9665GC. Avoid the red & grey ones from Sandisk (32GB, 64GB).

http://www.amazon.in/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B010Q57S62

I haven't used the Pro Plus. The EVO+ runs in one of my Mobius cameras.

Just guessing ... only I'd reckon spending your money on a decent 64GB card will serve you better than trying to stretch it out to 128GB and ending up with an ordinary cheaper brand
I'm no Authority on this stuff - only I have always believed that it is better to have less volume ... but better Quality. I also apply this to food - especially ice-cream.... chocolate too ;P

Last edited:
for the past 10 months I used in my 2 A119 cameras 2 Transcend Ultimate 64gb (MLC) (no issues with these at all), Samsung Evo+ 128gb (3 dead), Lexar 633x 128gb (4 dead) and 1 Lexar 633x 200gb (1 dead). :)

M
Just guessing ... only I'd reckon spending your money on a decent 64GB card will serve you better than trying to stretch it out to 125GB and ending up with an ordinary cheaper brand
I'm no Authority on this stuff - only I have always believed that it is better to have less volume ... but better Quality. I also apply this to food - especially ice-cream.... chocolate too ;P

Makes sense!!

Transcend Ultimate 64GB in India is crazily priced!! It's USD 314 .... almost 3 times the price of A119s :eek:
I just shared my personal experience, others have no issues with Samsung or Lexar micro SD cards. :)
get something you can afford and I would recommend Lexar 633x = they have life time warranty on their SD cards and would replace it if one fails.

I would recommend Lexar 633x = they have life time warranty on their SD cards and would replace it if one fails.
Not anymore. See the link.

Not anymore. See the link.
good to know. once my another Lexar SD card fails and they refuse to exchange it for a new one there will be no more Lexar for me.

Welcome to the forum. As for the memory card I use the transcend high endurance 64gb. The first one I bought was not genuine and did not work in the dash cam. Transcend has a verification web site to enter the serial number for authentication. Other members have success with other memory cards as well.

for the past 10 months I used in my 2 A119 cameras 2 Transcend Ultimate 64gb (MLC) (no issues with these at all), Samsung Evo+ 128gb (3 dead), Lexar 633x 128gb (4 dead) and 1 Lexar 633x 200gb (1 dead). :)

Good info,thanks for sharing.

ExcellentVideo (above) by Andrew - must watch video on SD cards.

After watching it ... I chose the Transcend 64GB faster U3 MLC type as well.
There are so many Videos that have lots of pixellation, which it seems (not confirmed) that this may be likely due to a SD card that is too slow for a Dash Cam.
To play it safe - I chose 'too fast' is better than 'too slow' and avoided the cheaper options

If way too pricey in India ... import, and (same) best not to 'cheap out' on the postage

Last edited:
ExcellentVideo (above) by Andrew - must watch video on SD cards.

After watching it ... I chose the Transcend 64GB faster U3 MLC type as well.
There are so many Videos that have lots of pixellation, which it seems (not confirmed) that this may be likely due to a SD card that is too slow for a Dash Cam.
To play it safe - I chose 'too fast' is better than 'too slow' and avoided the cheaper options

If way too pricey in India ... import, and (same) best not to 'cheap out' on the postage

Could you please tell me the exact model number of the Transcend sd card that you bought? I can get a card imported but I am worried about the warranty...

Could you please tell me the exact model number of the Transcend sd card that you bought? I can get a card imported but I am worried about the warranty...

From what I've read here, the 400X one from Transcend is also MLC.

Back