VIOFO's A119S

Not sure what was posted, my info is direct from Transcend in Taiwan

Have you switched to High Endurance due to the shortage or is it only for the dual channel?

Have you switched to High Endurance due to the shortage or is it only for the dual channel?
It's not that we've switched to it as such, just a model we are offering, we still use the 400x cards predominantly and are looking at adding some other brands as well once they pass testing, supply is still an issue and some models of quality cards are currently costing us over AUD $1 per gigabyte (cost, not retail) which is keeping the camera pricing up higher than we would like

It's not that we've switched to it as such, just a model we are offering, we still use the 400x cards predominantly and are looking at adding some other brands as well once they pass testing, supply is still an issue and some models of quality cards are currently costing us over AUD $1 per gigabyte (cost, not retail) which is keeping the camera pricing up higher than we would like

A dollar per GB is insane! It's for the High Endurance, I'm assuming..

But Samsung's warranty policy says the following. Wondering how would they know if a card was used in a dash cam?

"Warranties provided herein do not extend to any use of the product for or with continuous recording instruments or any other write-intensive devices, including without limitation security cameras, surveillance systems, dashboard cameras, black box cameras, internet protocol/network cameras, continuous recording set top box devices, continuous data logging devices like servers, dedicated devices for benchmarking tests, or the primary drive for certain devices, and any other excessive uses.

They'd know if you send it for warranty and they look at the files, whether or not they check them though is the question

A dollar per GB is insane! It's for the High Endurance, I'm assuming..

That is about what we pay in Australia - AU$1 per GB ...... 32 is around 32 .... 64 is about 59-69 for the good ones MLC U3 ... from what I've seen ... and that's discounted

I'm getting a lot of jerkiness in my rear Cam. Seems that the Cigar Power inputs that come with the Cams, especially the A119s from VIOFO are a loose fit into the 3 way input.
The A119s power input was even loose when I put it directly into the Mazda's Cig input. They are small and wiggle a lot ... not a firm fit at all

This problem will be sorted when Hardwiring.

Did notice a loss of power with my Front Vico .. that turned itself off. After a tweak of the male in the input - it fired up ... so a loose contact appears to be the problem.
Not so sure a one size fits all generic 3 way splitter is going to work too well here, even if I change the current one over to a different one.

Last edited:
I'm getting a lot of jerkiness in my rear Cam. Seems that the Cigar Power inputs that come with the Cams, especially the A119s from VIOFO are a loose fit into the 3 way input.
The A119s power input was even loose when I put it directly into the Mazda's Cig input. They are small and wiggle a lot ... not a firm fit at all

This problem will be sorted when Hardwiring.

Did notice a loss of power with my Front Vico .. that turned itself off. After a tweak of the male in the input - it fired up ... so a loose contact appears to be the problem.
Not so sure a one size fits all generic 3 way splitter is going to work too well here, even if I change the current one over to a different one.
The included car adapter is known to not fit well in the 12v port on certain cars. Seems to be fairly rare though. Viofo has said they are looking into an updated adapter.

The Cig power plug has 2 usb inputs which aren't marked as to which is which.
I'm under the impression that one is 2.3 and the other 1 Amp. Does it matter which one I plug the Cam into?

Could you please tell me the exact model number of the Transcend sd card that you bought? I can get a card imported but I am worried about the warranty...

This is the one i bought from Amazon,but i paid more then this price.

Attachments

• transcend.png
    transcend.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 25
The Cig power plug has 2 usb inputs which aren't marked as to which is which.
I'm under the impression that one is 2.3 and the other 1 Amp. Does it matter which one I plug the Cam into?
I tested USB ports on the original cig. lighter adapter a couple of months ago and if I remember correctly the top one is 1A and the bottom one is 2.1A.

I have mine plugged into the bottom one - 2.1 Amp then.

On the Video jerkiness issue ... I took the power lead out from the GPS at the top ... and put it in the side input, like a lot of others who were having power problems when plugged into the GPS unit - the jerkiness only happened a few times, say ... 3 times in 25 minutes, whereas previously it was 3 times every 5 minutes ... big improvement .... but still there.

Crap - I bought a Transcend 64GB SD U3 card a few weeks ago for $60 .... Rather than going for the same card as in my other Cam ... I went for another. When it came to trying a different SD card in my A119s to see whether it was still jerky ... I found that I got a standard sized SD rather than a micro SD card ... that's gotta be a Bummer right there ... no thrilled. :( Damn it

In regard to jerkiness - Update

It is about 10 stutters and occurs once every minute/min 1/2

* Changed from GPS power lead to side input - no difference
* Changed loose cigar input to better fitting USB - no difference
* Changed micro SD card - no difference
* Changed viewer from MAC Quick Time to VLC - made it worse
* Changed frames p/sec from 60 down to 30fps - fixed, no stuttering

It seems like the SD card can't handle 60fps ... but could be viewer?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back