mobile Memory Card Readers Lightning USB SD Micro SD OTG Card Reader for iOS + android

abarth

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12RC░░ mini0805░░ viofoA119░░B1W
july 2018 update:
this update relates mostly to us that have newer iOS devices that lack compatibility with some of the devices that have been covered previously in this thread. currently I have an iPhone X on iOS 11.4. here's what works for me:

the SD/micro SD card reader I use is branded WECODO and uses an app called iDiskk Pro. it also has a USB and micro USB head for android users. the listing is no longer live on amazon.com but a quick search for iDiskk comes up with a few readers that likely use the same app, and if so, will likely work with newer iOS devices and OSs. perhaps this ~$15 device that's actually listed as iDiskk branded is the new form factor.

anyway, here's what it looks like in action.

1 B1W folder structure.jpg

2 sort function.jpg
3 B1W video.jpg
4 A119 folder structure.jpg
5 A119 video.jpg

please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to give an accurate, timely response.

i decided that maybe this product needed it's own thread. it came from some discussions here about options for reading cards on your mobile device, especially for iPhones and iPads which we know can be a bit locked down.

i really like this device. the amazon reviews on it aren't that great at 3.5 stars. i understand the negative reviews as my first item was not in working order. but it's replacement has been fantastic. i no longer have to suffer through the lag and unreliability of the wireless card readers that i've used prior.

here's a screenshot of the app showing the root folder created from my SGZC12RC
which does not create a DCIM folder to contain the video files. this is where the official apple SD card/camera kit stumbles. it requires that folder so that your iOS device recognizes it as images or videos on the card.
All Photos-22 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

and here's a screenshot of the actual video files in that VIDEO folder. this is where my one and only complaint lies. the way that the files are organized seem random. they're not sorted by file name, size or time created. i've emailed the developers and hope that they can fix this with a future update.
All Photos-23 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

this is screenshot of the files from my mini 0805 which are contained in a traditional DCIM folder.
All Photos-24 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

and here's something i'm really happy about. it plays those big 0805 2560x1080 resolution files without a hiccup.
All Photos-25 by nestor panelo, on Flickr

let me know if you guys have questions.

Last edited:
A few years ago I bought a cheap Camera Connection Kit for an iPad 3. It worked until Apple upgraded iOS from 6 to 7, & then immediately stopped working.

I think that Apple have ways of encouraging owners to only buy their 'genuine' products, so I hope this WECODO device doesn't cease to function after the next major iOS upgrade.

image.jpeg

A few years ago I bought a cheap Camera Connection Kit for an iPad 3. It worked until Apple upgraded iOS from 6 to 7, & then immediately stopped working.

I think that Apple have ways of encouraging owners to only buy their 'genuine' products, so I hope this WECODO device doesn't cease to function after the next major iOS upgrade.

View attachment 22586

yep, they'll disable it if you haven't paid the Apple tax ;)

View attachment 22586

Apple has a reputation for forcing their customers to use their own proprietary overpriced, high margin adapters and accessories. I had an aftermarket USB adapter that suddenly ceased to function after an OS upgrade.

View attachment 22586

that may certainly happen. if I recall correctly though, it was the camera kit clones that we're having this issue. I don't think those devices came with their own app and they depended on the camera roll infrastructure to function.

Apple has a reputation for forcing their customers to use their own proprietary overpriced, high margin adapters and accessories. I had an aftermarket USB adapter that suddenly ceased to function after an OS upgrade.
And now you know why I don't own any Apple products.

I'm glad there is finally an iOS option for complete card file/folder access.

I have a few SG9665GC customers that will be testing this, I'll order one soon as well. (pretty cool)

Good news for the wecodo, and similar devices that use the same iUSB Pro app below.

A recent iUSB Pro app update added the missing audio codec. (for NT96650/NT96655 dashcams)
I just verified audio can now be heard with direct playback via iUSB Pro iOS App
(no need to transfer the file locally first to get audio)
9axQpczl.png

This is the current recommended reader:
(uses the same app) Confirmed working on iOS 11 too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LR4HJHO
hS6W41tm.png

Good news for the wecodo, and similar devices that use the same iUSB Pro app below.

A recent iUSB Pro app update added the missing audio codec. (for NT96650/NT96655 dashcams)
I just verified audio can now be heard with direct playback via iUSB Pro iOS App
(no need to transfer the file locally first to get audio)
9axQpczl.png

This is the current recommended reader:
(uses the same app) Confirmed working on iOS 11 too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LR4HJHO
hS6W41tm.png

I'm a bit puzzled and bummed that the app for the iReader you were kind enough to gift to me hasn't been updated with the missing audio codec. Apparently, it is from the same developer as iUSB Pro, Qin Qiang.
Maybe it will still happen. Or maybe it was abandoned for this new product?

iDisk.png

Last edited:
Oh I thought they were the same app, (whoops) looks like it's a different app bummer. It could be abandonware you never know with these types of companies.
If you really want real time audio playback might want to get the WIOBOY (which is case friendly as well)
Here is the same one made by "iDragon"
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB...er-Writer-cable-For-iPhone-5/32816101894.html

Yeah, I've been definitely been thinking of buying one. I noticed the link you posted yesterday for the WIOBOY on Amazon cautions that the others are fake, so it sounds like it's best to be careful about other identical looking products with different names.

fake.jpg

Well the first out out the gate that looked exactly the same was stamped "Memory Doctor" so hard to say if there really is a "real" one or not. Sometimes it's true the clones are inferior, sometimes it's true the "brands" are just badges from the same OEM factory. I'd go with WIOBOY since I have experience of it working well. If I recall the card slot seemed to work nicer than the Memory Doctor brand one I had. (but gave away) So now that I think about it, the tooling for the card slot side was slightly different between Memory Doctor vs WIOBOY. It was very subtle though, everything else seemed identical.

Oh I thought they were the same app, (whoops) looks like it's a different app bummer. It could be abandonware you never know with these types of companies.
If you really want real time audio playback might want to get the WIOBOY (which is case friendly as well)
Here is the same one made by "iDragon"
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB...er-Writer-cable-For-iPhone-5/32816101894.html

If I buy one it will be a WIOBOY. How can you not like a name like that? :)

You know, just for the heck of it, when I get some time later I'm going to download the iUSB Pro app and see if it works with the iReader. Stranger things have happened.

I'm a bit puzzled and bummed that the app for the iReader you were kind enough to gift to me hasn't been updated with the missing audio codec. Apparently, it is from the same developer as iUSB Pro, Qin Qiang.
Maybe it will still happen. Or maybe it was abandoned for this new product?
View attachment 32844

FBDF4B67-BAC9-453C-ABC9-19C97CC9F49B.png

I see an update came out for iDiskk today. Can you test audio? I can’t find my old wecodo iDisk/iReader I had before switching to WIOBOY device/iUSB Pro app

View attachment 33300

I see an update came out for iDiskk today. Can you test audio? I can’t find my old wecodo iDisk/iReader I had before switching to WIOBOY device/iUSB Pro app

Yes, I noticed late last night that two almost simultaneous updates appeared on my iPad for iDiskk Pro and iUSB Pro. When I get a bit of time I'll check it out for audio playability. Interestingly, both app updates were identical in size and had extremely similar descriptions about what was in the update. (bug fixes mostly) Fact is that with each previous iDiskk update I was hoping for the audio issue to be resolved and it wasn't but maybe it was finally addressed with a "bug fix". Glad to see they're still updating the app at any rate.

BTW, as I mentioned above I downloaded and tested the iUSB Pro app to see if it might work with the iReader but unfortunately it doesn't. The app won't recognize the iReader at all. (That's why I happen to have both apps on my iPad).

Last edited:
I found my old iReader that auto launches the iDiskk app. Audio isn't working.

Worse news is, latest iUSB Pro app update seems to have broken audio again. It was working before the last update.

I wish the various factory/developers we've reached out to would message us back to work together to resolve this. It's obviously some codec software issue since audio plays in any other app (including the native iOS player once file is copied local) and with the previous version of iUSB Pro.

Worse news is, latest iUSB Pro app update seems to have broken audio again. It was working before the last update.

I wish the various factory/developers we've reached out to would message us back to work together to resolve this. It's obviously some codec software issue since audio plays in any other app (including the native iOS player once file is copied local) and with the previous version of iUSB Pro.

:(

I didn't really have time to respond to your last post before having to leave for the afternoon so you only got a quick emoji reply. I want to thank you for the heads up about the broken audio on the iUSB app because I almost went ahead and ordered a WIOBOY today when I saw the price had dropped on Amazon. Guess I'll wait and see if they put the codec back.

i'll have to re-write the first post soon. I've purchased a couple other lightning SD card readers that use iDiskk Pro, iUSB Pro and I-EasyDrive apps which all seem to have the same original developer and structure. all of them work pretty well for my uses but i'll have to check out the broken audio issue that @Street Guardian USA is experiencing.

Back