When i will able to buy viofo a119 ?

Is the A119 worth pre-ordering/buying now? Or would it be better to wait and see how the finished models compare to the pre-production samples?
I don't see any point in pre-ordering. It should be out in a week or so. Shouldn't take long to hear feedback on final production models.

I think the @viofo team is working around the clock to prepare the A119's global launch on market cause he was very quite in the last week.

Yes, it will come out within one week. Just update the products pictures, see below for the accessories, GPS mount is optional. For GPS version, it will come with both mounts.

Attachments

• a119 accesorries.jpg
    a119 accesorries.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 64
Yes, it will come out within one week. Just update the products pictures, see below for the accessories, GPS mount is optional. For GPS version, it will come with both mounts.

I just noticed I cannot find the optional CPL filter on your site! Is it proprietary? Any links to one?

I would have waited for some reviews on the production model as well. But I like what I've seen in the prototype reviews enough to throw caution to the wind - and get one myself! This thing has all the dedicated dashcam features people could want, a descent quality sensor, very good night visibility, and capacitors. All under $100! Viofo has been improving on feedback since the A118 and this thing is it.

Assuming it's as reliable in the heat as they say, I think it could be the next top pick of 2016. Whenever Singapore gets off their bum and floats it over here I'll make some apples-to-apples videos. I've got the perfect route for testing different environments.

PS - If it isn't up to scratch I'll report back and stay my quest for the "Holy Dashcam of Antioch"

I would have waited for some reviews on the production model as well. But I like what I've seen in the prototype reviews enough to throw caution to the wind - and get one myself! This thing has all the dedicated dashcam features people could want, a descent quality sensor, very good night visibility, and capacitors. All under $100! Viofo has been improving on feedback since the A118 and this thing is it.

Assuming it's as reliable in the heat as they say, I think it could be the next top pick of 2016. Whenever Singapore gets off their bum and floats it over here I'll make some apples-to-apples videos. I've got the perfect route for testing different environments.

PS - If it isn't up to scratch I'll report back and stay my quest for the "Holy Dashcam of Antioch"
I don't think it's free shipping, so it's gonna be over $100. How much was shipping? Also, Foxoffer doesn't actually have them in stock yet. Retailers will all get them in stock around the same time, including US dealers. If you wait til US dealers get them, you'd get it much faster. Probably cost a few dollars more though.

hi guys the viofo A 119 is in stock at FOXOFFER web site i just bought one and i used this cupon for 5 $ discount : HDVZVPKT

Last edited:
I don't think it's free shipping, so it's gonna be over $100. How much was shipping? Also, Foxoffer doesn't actually have them in stock yet. Retailers will all get them in stock around the same time, including US dealers. If you wait til US dealers get them, you'd get it much faster. Probably cost a few dollars more though.
It will be available this weekend, no problem for shipping out from next week.

I'm happy enough with my pre production unit that I removed my other, full time dashcam (blacksys ch-100b) and now my pre production a119 is my main, full-time dashcam.

@Gibson99 How bad have you weathered yours? My reliability tests (read:torture tests) involve vehicles that will sit and bake for days on end in direct sunlight around +90F ambient and +80% humidity. The cab temperature could reach 130F, but not with the unit powered on.

PS - My avatar is a result of long term UV exposure, permanently blurring image quality. My first Mobius recorded itself flying across my dashboard after the LiPo exploded in the heat of summer. I replaced the battery with a capacitor and it's still chooching to this day (at least until Singapore delivers)

@Gibson99 How bad have you weathered yours? My reliability tests (read:torture tests) involve vehicles that will sit and bake for days on end in direct sunlight around +90F ambient and +80% humidity. The cab temperature could reach 130F, but not with the unit powered on.

PS - My avatar is a result of long term UV exposure, permanently blurring image quality. My first Mobius recorded itself flying across my dashboard after the LiPo exploded in the heat of summer. I replaced the battery with a capacitor and it's still chooching to this day (at least until Singapore delivers)
Plenty hot and humid here in Houston, too, especially with the rain and flooding we keep having, which ensures the humidity stays high. I don't get to park in the garage (too full of kids stuff and lawn equipment) so my truck is out in the driveway all the time. My wife gets the half of the driveway that's partly shaded by a tree. Camera never comes out except to install a firmware update. Which reminds me, there's a new one I need to install. No window tint on doors or windshield either, just the factory privacy glass on the tiny rear windows, which doesn't do much. Granted, we haven't had any days where it's over 100 yet, though there have been a few that came close, and heat index is way beyond 100 except when it's raining... and yeah it's easily 130+ inside on a warm day, and I don't wait for it to cool down before powering on. I just get in and drive. But sure, the AC is cranked up full blast, so there's the small thermal shock it gets there. I don't even put a shade in the windshield because the one from my previous car, a camry, doesn't fit and I've been to lazy to get a new one. so I feel safe in saying I haven't babied this camera at all.

Last edited:
I've seen the price jump around.

In production now. About another 2 weeks until shipments to dealers. You'll have to wait a little longer for the A119S model though.
What is the difference between A119 and A119s?

Is it soo much better than Novatek?

Can you please explain with more details?

Can you please explain with more details?

the Sony is 2mp and will have better low light performance, the OV4689 is 4MP so can support higher resolutions and the smaller pixels can provide a sharper picture

Reactions: Mtz
Back