when will a119s release?

If there's any interest in seeing the packaging or what is included, i'll be glad to snap some pics.

Such a tease.. of course we'd love to see some pics and to hear your impressions...

Such a tease.. of course we'd love to see some pics and to hear your impressions...
ha Sure :) I just opened one of them, which is going in my own car tomorrow, and took pictures:

2016-12-16%2014.34.26.jpg

2016-12-16%2014.35.00.jpg

2016-12-16%2014.38.53.jpg

Included in the picture: The A119S itself, the GPS module (optional), two mounts with 3m tape, an extra piece of tape, 3m tape removal string, 5 wire clips with 3m tape, short usb power wire, long usb power wire, 2 port cigarette lighter to USB adapter, manual.

I'll power it up and post another pic shortly.

Mike

Where do you order this A119S from? Like to share the selling price?

A couple more pics. Build quality and packaging are both excellent. The menus seem intuitive. I don't have a memory chip with me at the moment, but i'll give it more testing tonight or tomorrow.

lense:
2016-12-16-14.58b.png

Main Menu: (without memory card, pointing at a piece of white paper)
2016-12-16%2014.57.59b.jpg

OCD, CYA, and other reputable shops should have them available soon, in time for the holidays.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited:
Keep bragging. we love it !:)

we are all waiting for your assessment of the A119S

I don't think I'll have time for that, before the holidays, unfortunately. Someone else who has experience with the A119 will probably beat me to it :) This was my first VIOFO product order, and I haven't opened or tried the regular A119 yet. I personally use (and love) a Street Guardian SG9665 v2, which is getting re-assigned to point out the rear window. I'm evaluating several models/brands, and will be re-selling these in quantity for a very specific industry/client. (I'm a consultant/value added reseller) If I was buying just a few, I'd be buying them from OCD - because of my experiences with their excellent customer service.

I am sure many of us are waiting for your in depth comparison between the A119 and the A119S night and day

Last edited:
I don't think I'll have time for that, before the holidays, unfortunately. Someone else who has experience with the A119 will probably beat me to it :) This was my first VIOFO product order, and I haven't opened or tried the regular A119 yet. I personally use (and love) a Street Guardian SG9665 v2, which is getting re-assigned to point out the rear window. I'm evaluating several models/brands, and will be re-selling these in quantity for a very specific industry/client. (I'm a consultant/value added reseller) If I was buying just a few, I'd be buying them from OCD - because of my experiences with their excellent customer service.
Yes agreed about OCD. Am waiting to see OCD on Amazon.CA regardless if its a Prime item or direct from Seller I will place an order

ok one more pic, then i'll go away! :) This is the unit, showing the optional GPS module/base connected. This is the newly updated gps module, and seems to have a nice firm fit.

2016-12-16-15.52b.png

2016-12-16-15.52b.png[img]

Last edited:
I don't think I'll have time for that, before the holidays, unfortunately. Someone else who has experience with the A119 will probably beat me to it

When I get my gift, I will make some video. Got memory card ready. Car has been washed and windshield polished.

When I get my gift, I will make some video. Got memory card ready. Car has been washed and windshield polished.
Ohhh ya that's right you got a freebie

TIP/Reminder:
Don't' be tempted to plug in the USB power cable to any OEM Factory USB ports built-in to your vehicle. (meant for Android Auto/iPhone CarPlay etc)

1) They are often under powered and can stress the CPU or cause funky behavior

2) Data enabled USB ports could put the camera into mass storage mode by mistake

RjZzxAg.png

I took a couple videos on the way home from work. It's very dark tonight. I probably need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm also getting some glare, and probably need to order the CPL. Afraid to post them, to use up all of my monthly webhosting bandwidth limit. rofl. Is there a recommended place to upload?

TIP/Reminder:
Don't' be tempted to plug in the USB power cable to any OEM Factory USB ports built-in to your vehicle. (meant for Android Auto/iPhone CarPlay etc)

1) They are often under powered and can stress the CPU or cause funky behavior

2) Data enabled USB ports could put the camera into mass storage mode by mistake

Thanks for reminder.:)

I took a couple videos on the way home from work. It's very dark tonight. I probably need to tweak the settings a bit. I'm also getting some glare, and probably need to order the CPL. Afraid to post them, to use up all of my monthly webhosting bandwidth limit. rofl. Is there a recommended place to upload?
Just a verbal assessment is ok especially night time with no street lighting. How are the left and right sides with no street lighting?

I have watched a video of an A119S and I must tell you that the video with very low street lighting is 100% improved from the A119. On my A119 driving down a dark road with no street light the left and right sides of the car are completely blacked out, but with the A119S it is lighted up just like the front. Yes this will be a really step up from the A119

Here are a couple quick ones I took on the way home from work. Not fancy, using mostly default settings. First time out of the box :) It is VERY dark outside tonight.

with some quality loss from youtube compression. (50%?)

Back