Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

no need for bluetooth to do that IF i get wifi to client mode. We'll see in few weeks when i get them cameras.

Just FYI, I've tested the wifi.conf, Yi Cam only can change to 3 channels: No.1, 6, 11.

what i have to do whem i want to use this cool tool

i connect my pc to the yi via wifi and the i open the application and pusch C&C??

i geht an error is not able to connect the specific adress

check if:
•camera is on
•camera wifi is on
•computer is connected to the camera network
•verify you got IP from the camera (ipconfig) - should be in range 192.168.42.2-10
•ping camera IP 192.168.42.1

where i see the ipconfig or wifi.conf??

what i have to do for it

there is no wifi.conf in windows.

ipconfig is command in windows ...

no, it is system config file for ADVANCED users.

why do you need it? What are you trying to achieve?

i will do nothing withit but earlier on my rollei s50 oder sjcam 5000 plus there was a wifi.conf but now there isn´t one

it is in the camera filesystem. It is used to set camera's wifi properties only, so there is no reason why it should be on SD card for standard usage.

I guess multiple cameras control, not yet completed in the firmware.

There is such a thing implemented in tweaked soft for ambarella based ip-security cams. And Yi runs the same software with the same hardware...

nutsey, launching the trigger to all connected cameras is easy part. Hard part is to get all cameras connected at once.

OK, I've got Python and CC.pyw when I double click CC.pyw a window pops up with a bunch of code in it and no GUI. Do I need to do something else?

You have to assign the .pyw extension to open it with python, not edit it.

Ok, thanks. Got it working.

I noticed a weird thing when the files are downloading the text indication at the bottom of the window showing download speed and file progress does not advance unless I'm touching the trackpad.

Not sure if that also effects file download. I'll try that tonight.

that is very strange indeed. Maybe some bug in tkinter on OSX? Who knows. But i am already rewriting the app to different framework (well, learning the basics so far) so that should have better performance.

VERY small teaser

Connect.jpg

Last edited:
In case we can have a bigger preview screen, I suggest you can make the android version horizon.

Back