Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

the app can do both orientations - portrait & landscape.

I wasn't able to do any work on it since thursday(shame on me, but i'm having my daughter for weekends and she's got my priority), but today i will continue.

would it be possible to change WhiteBalance, ISO and Shutter seetings? Or does this only work with autoexec.ash?

that is possible only via .ash script. Next version SHOULD contain some sort of .ash manager as well. And if not 0.7, 0.8 will for sure.

if white balance can be fixed, that will be a very powerful sport cam!

yo Andy, if you need any design help let me now, like the program graphics etc :)

Well, the design is gonna be completely different - more "mobile" like, but still with enough fuctions for desktop use.

ConnConfig.jpg

I'm actually just converting it to new GUI, no new functions right now, but its giving me a hard time since (as i said many times) i am not a programmer and i'm learning this stuff on the fly.

Hi, I've downloaded the Xiaomi_Yi-master.zip, unzipped it and ran the CC.exe file but when I click Connect C&C it shows "Cannot connect to the address specified".

I'm connecting the camera to my PC with USB. Is there anything I missed?

Hi, I've downloaded the Xiaomi_Yi-master.zip, unzipped it and ran the CC.exe file but when I click Connect C&C it shows "Cannot connect to the address specified".

I'm connecting the camera to my PC with USB. Is there anything I missed?

I think you have to connect to the camera over wifi. Turn wifi on by pressing button on the side. Blue light should blink. Then on you computer find the camera in your wifi list. Password is 1234567890. At least that's how I did it.

I think you have to connect to the camera over wifi. Turn wifi on by pressing button on the side. Blue light should blink. Then on you computer find the camera in your wifi list. Password is 1234567890. At least that's how I did it.

You mean I need a laptop instead of a desktop PC?

Does your desktop do wifi? You could always get a USB wifi adapter for the PC. There may be another way but if there is I don't know how to do it. Andy or one of the others would have to help there.

Does your desktop do wifi? You could always get a USB wifi adapter for the PC. There may be another way but if there is I don't know how to do it. Andy or one of the others would have to help there.

My desktop doesn't do wifi. Will an Android simulator work?

I couldn't get it to run on any simulator, and even then, you would need wifi.
you could also use your wifi router if it supports client mode.

Connection over USB isn't possible (maybe it will be in the future, but that depends on Xiaomi and their firmware), only way to connect to the camera right now is over wifi and connecting to its wifi network.

I am waiting for my cameras so i can overcome this limitation (to make XiaoYi connect to existing wifi network), that way you will be able to be connected to internet and camera at once.

Yes, i can barely program in python, i just switched from tkinter to Kivy, which can be compiled for win/mac/android/iOS

I want to say TX ANDY for this program i think you help a lot of people.

Ok so im a newbie i have downloaded the CC.EXE and any problem to connect the camera or transfer the files from the camera to the PC. But now i want to know how we change the configuration (example the resolution) where i go or if someone can explain the method tx a lot.

There si a tutorial or a wiki for that somewhere ?

TX ALL

just click Configure, wait few seconds and then you can see all options available to set, including photo_size and video_resolution

Back