Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

dont be so rude to newbies bro... dont act you know everything...

I am not being rude, i am simply asking you what would you want the tutorial for as i didn't (don't) see anything that needs any step-by-step guidance considering the app to be as straight-forward as possible

i think i will say that to you when u asking me for the 1.0.12 firmware... anyway its ok... this forum is useless... dont act you know everything dude...ok? bye

Hi Joshua, I don't think your question is very clear. What do you need a video tutorial for?

what thread are we commenting bro? of course GUI control & configure from pc... then.. he says what video tutorial how to connect wifi? well thanks...

what thread are we commenting bro? of course GUI control & configure from pc... then.. he says what video tutorial how to connect wifi? well thanks...

Alright I recorded a video tutorial for you! It's my first tutorial ever. I had fun making it. I hope it is somewhat useful.
The upload is still processing hold on a sec

EDIT: Hey! It finished uploading. Alright i'm pretty stoked about this. Here you go.

Oh man! You didn't like my tutorial... Did I miss something? What else are you trying to learn how to do?

it doesn't mean i dont like the ur video its just i'm not in the mood... thanks anyway...

jreinjr: i don't get what he's up to either ... :/

TV remote is more complicated than this software. Great job Andy.

sp5it: my point exactly...

newbie should be polite first, instead of just saying: I want this I want that.
Who should use the search tool in the forum, and get the simple result for simple thing, then ask questions which still confusing.
Cause no one must have to teach newbie step by step.

Just my opinion about something happened in this thread above.

Hi Guys

And great job here! It s cool to see people playing on this really cool camera.

I ve tried to set up a multicam connexion for a 6 - Yi camera rig. I m running 6 wifi dongle to set up 6 wifi ad hoc connexions, and have modified the IP adresse on each Yi as 192.168.42.1, 192.168.42.2, 192.168.42.3 etc...

The problem is C&C directly choose the first wifi available to connect itself (actually camera one), and it doesn't work. Any idea ? I thought about telnet, but I don t know anything about how to do that. And there is probably another best idea...

The purpose is to remote them all in the same time, because I want to avoid synchronisation...

Cheers

Hi Guys

And great job here! It s cool to see people playing on this really cool camera.

I ve tried to set up a multicam connexion for a 6 - Yi camera rig. I m running 6 wifi dongle to set up 6 wifi ad hoc connexions, and have modified the IP adresse on each Yi as 192.168.42.1, 192.168.42.2, 192.168.42.3 etc...

The problem is C&C directly choose the first wifi available to connect itself (actually camera one), and it doesn't work. Any idea ? I thought about telnet, but I don t know anything about how to do that. And there is probably another best idea...

The purpose is to remote them all in the same time, because I want to avoid synchronisation...

Cheers
Looks like someone is building a 360 rig ;)

Exactly my friend ! for less than 5 times cheaper than a go pro one ;-)

You are not the only one :) My cameras will arrive maybe tomorrow (!) and my first goal is to get camera wifi CLIENT MODE working so you could do exactly that with just one wifi card in your PC (or even no wifi at all when the cam will be connected to your AP)

BUT for now... well, you made one major mistake - you placed all cameras into the same network yet on different interfaces. That's a no-no for networking as it tries to go along first available route to second camera.

Correct way is to set 3rd octet of IP address, not 4th, aka
etc

that way you will be able to connect to all cameras at once (provided you are connected to all their wifi networks at once).

Also when i get that client mode working i will release some simpler program with just "click to shoot" button which you will feed a list of IP addresses/ports, it will connect to all of them and when you click the "shoot" button, it will send the trigger command to all cameras at once.

You are not the only one :) My cameras will arrive maybe tomorrow (!) and my first goal is to get camera wifi CLIENT MODE working so you could do exactly that with just one wifi card in your PC (or even no wifi at all when the cam will be connected to your AP)

BUT for now... well, you made one major mistake - you placed all cameras into the same network yet on different interfaces. That's a no-no for networking as it tries to go along first available route to second camera.

Correct way is to set 3rd octet of IP address, not 4th, aka
etc

that way you will be able to connect to all cameras at once (provided you are connected to all their wifi networks at once).

Also when i get that client mode working i will release some simpler program with just "click to shoot" button which you will feed a list of IP addresses/ports, it will connect to all of them and when you click the "shoot" button, it will send the trigger command to all cameras at once.
Andy, this is so exciting. I've mentioned in another thread, I'm doing something similar for 3D 360 videos and I'm working with 18 cameras... so your program sounds like an absolute godsend.

I'll be watching for your progress! Awesome project!

i should get my cameras today, but since i got my daughter here, i won't be able to toy with them before saturday evening.

Wow, 360° yi cam is a great idea. I know there are 360°cam that's already available for about $500 to $700 but it would make alot more sense to have like a modular type. If there is a problem with one camera you can easily check and fix it.

Back