Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Using Camera_set.py to first restore factory settings, then to change the video_standard to PAL, on checking with Camera_get.py I notice that the video_resolution now shows 25P :). Whereas using Camera_all_options.py the listed option shows 24P :(; not 25P. This is with using firmware 1.1.0.

Edit. Alas, with 25P, switching the camera to video mode then freezes it.
With 24P set, changing to PAL leaves the resolution at 24P and video can be taken.

Last edited:
and did you modify values that camera_set is using ? They are old and deprecated, you should use CC which is updated and tested to work with 1.1.0

you should use CC which is updated and tested to work with 1.1.0
Thank you for steering me to CC. I see the 25P (and 50P) options there. All's well.

It seems CC does not work with new fw 1.2.0

why do you think so? I am using it right now ;)

I know why wifi cannot start in client mode - Xiaomi used android drivers & utilities, BUT used driver for ICS and utility (wpa_supplicant) for Jellybean. Which obviously will not work...

trying to hack it right now... (told you it will be the first thing i would do ;) )

Last edited:
"Cannot connect to the address specified"

and are you connected to the camera's wifi? Can you ping 192.168.42.1 ?

I have a connection but no options in CC"
Edit : now it works ;-)

Attachments

• ping.GIF
    ping.GIF
    87.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
then please enable expert menu, turn on debug mode and send me debug.txt (via pastebin) CC produces after you launch it.

Would it be possible to add a feature to help with lens focusing?

Aka having it take full resolution/uncompressed images every x seconds, and then show them in fullscreen with the center zoomed in to 1080p (or whatever resolution one is using on the pc)?

You can do that already - turn on Live View and zoom in with slider to the max value. That is direct equivalent of what you say and even better than static images :)

CC version 0.6.7 works fine with 1.2.0 here.

zL3Zo6M.jpg

You can do that already - turn on Live View and zoom in with slider to the max value. That is direct equivalent of what you say and even better than static images :)

Is pc live view sending the full resolution? The phone apps live views are horribly compressed/low resolution.

its not about app, its about the cam. And nope, its not sending full res :( I might try to do some easy app for focusing.

Dear Andy_S,

First of all, I would like to thank you - you are lifesaver, because xiaomi mobile app isn't working for me.

However, I have couple of problems with your app. First of all, almost every time i get "program is not responding" problem sooner or later when I'm using the program. I also got often empty configuration window (you can see the image). Live preview also doesn't work for me - I got error in VLC that it can't open the file. I have the same issues on .exe and .pyw file.

Are the problems my computer, camera or the program fault?

I can't wait to check your android app. I hope, that you'll post it very soon. Thanks again!

u1i7flh.png

looks like computer issues, what camera FW version are you running?

looks like computer issues, what camera FW version are you running?

SW ver: YDXJv22L_1.2.0_build-20150619194332_b967_i841_s1009
HW ver: YDXJ_v23L
SN: Z23L..........

In VLC I got info: "VLC can't open MRL 'rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live'."

just checked the very same app & cam, works like a charm. so it must be an issue with your computer. Do you run any firewall or something?

Back