Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

FAT32 file size limit is 4GB. So even without this file split bug, every 16 minutes (FullHD 30fps) a new file will be generated if FAT32 file format is used.

I'm happy to be a tester, please share the link of the firmware you want to test.

Fyi, I will be on holiday within 3 weeks and I would like to use my camera without file split.

Is there other/older firmware without such a bug?
what's the problem if cam split files but all at same bitrate? you could merge them, when you're back home...

what's the problem if cam split files but all at same bitrate? you could merge them, when you're back home...
...he only asks for the possibility whats wrong on that?
Whether you need it or not does not really matter.
For myself it is a good idea to change to 4GB.
I also have heard that it is possible to change to 4GB but i don't know how.

mfg
gente

Maybe I write it wrong, I don't want to offend anybody, personally I don't see a real limit to merge/work on 2 files 4Gb or 6 files 2 Gb each...

@PpenoO @gente You can find file split discussion here... the base firmware used is 1.2.6 so I connot guarantee that it works on lastest version...

Last edited by a moderator:
for me: the less the better and easier to handle ;-)

but as said in linked thread if cam freeze for any reason you lost much more footage compared to many small files... :)

I creating this new thread, because in the other one it's becoming a little messy doing a firmware for everyone. I'll try to keep it up to date.
In here you'll find only two type of firmware, because are the same for different build of camera.
You can check md5 on your own to be sure about that.

Both of firmware are customized to get 35Mbps for every resolution in High Quality mode.
Medium and low quality are untouched.

Before flash rename it "firmware.bin" and copy in the root of microSD card.

Firmware Base : 1.2.12

1) For build : 22 - 23 - 23A - 23S
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAbkN6U0loMEV6aUk/view?usp=sharing

2) For build : 22L - 23L
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAWk9EX2huZnhIUVE/view?usp=sharing

For @50Mbps version you can found it here

Because is not a secret how to customize bitrates in a firmware I'll add the video that explain really well how to do it, and who want to try could do it ... :)

Enjoy...! ;)
Went without a hitch!
Thank you!!!

No heat changes at all with 35Mbps? Does anyone know what the average file size is? Say.. if I keep it at default firmware bitrate settings and do 1080p @ 60fps vs doing the same with 35Mbps?

Thanks again for this, should definitely be a stickied thread!

Possible to have YIMAX-MOVIE flat image with last settings for highbitrate with 1.2.12 firmware stock?
Thanks a lot.

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum, first of all I want to thank Fried for spending time doing this thread and all of those who contribute as well!. I've successfully updated firmware on my 23L cam with the file Fried posted on 1st page, but I have a little issue with my YI, whenever I flash or mod rates or resolutions on my cam it starts to make 2 or sometimes 3 files from the same clip, I thought it was the battery charge but it makes it with full charged battery too, it just happen to me or someone else has this issue?. Any help will be appreciated. :)
Thank you
Rodher R.

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum, first of all I want to thank Fried for spending time doing this thread and all of those who contribute as well!. I've successfully updated firmware on my 23L cam with the file Fried posted on 1st page, but I have a little issue with my YI, whenever I flash or mod rates or resolutions on my cam it starts to make 2 or sometimes 3 files from the same clip, I thought it was the battery charge but it makes it with full charged battery too, it just happen to me or someone else has this issue?. Any help will be appreciated. :)
Thank you
Rodher R.

What kind of files? With the new firmware update, you get a video file and a thumbnail file now. So 2 per video that you take.

Thanks for super quick reply man, they're actually 4 or sometimes 6 in that case, each video file with its respective thumbnail file, acts like if I pressed stop button and started recording again in the same clip.

Guys I have a surprise for you all, check this out:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/found-yi-cam-file-size-limitation-address.12868/page-2#post-180210

So if it is up to the bigger video file size, now we got it :D ... I CONFIRM the possibility of recording 4GB file size on 1.2.12 you can find the the script in the post from the link above AND now the things are getting even more interesting cause Im'm currently trying my 50Mbps version of the 1.2.12 to see will it split the second(third and so on) video files into MP4 files with 30Mbps or not ... then we are so fcuking in the business guys, I mean, if the higher bitrate is an issue of the file size, then we got it soleved, but first let me try and I'll let you all know ;)

Guys I have a surprise for you all, check this out:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/found-yi-cam-file-size-limitation-address.12868/page-2#post-180210

So if it is up to the bigger video file size, now we got it :D ... I CONFIRM the possibility of recording 4GB file size on 1.2.12 you can find the the script in the post from the link above AND now the things are getting even more interesting cause Im'm currently trying my 50Mbps version of the 1.2.12 to see will it split the second(third and so on) video files into MP4 files with 30Mbps or not ... then we are so fcuking in the business guys, I mean, if the higher bitrate is an issue of the file size, then we got it soleved, but first let me try and I'll let you all know ;)

Ok but NO we still have 1st file at 50Mbps and after that 30Mbps files but yeah at list they are 4GB now.

Hi, here is an other test after last week...
This time the yi was flashed with Fried's firmware (Z22) and I tried the 4GB split script. You can see the results int the attached file.
My setup was the following: class10 microsd card with ~80Mbps writing speed (tested with h2testw many times), resolution was set to fullhd@fps (with Fried's firmware the bitrate is 35 Mbps), fully charged aftermartket Kingma battery (works well, with these settings it lasts about 80 minutes) .
So, any idea folks?

P.S.: yesterday evening I used the same package to shoot a lot of time-lapse and normal videos, and here is the thing: files without strange 3-4 secs splittage or bitrate decrease.

P.S.: You see the file names, let me explain it. After 44 I turned off the cam, then I turned it on and switched it to photo mode, took some photos, then I turned it off again, then after turned on again I started to record the video (file 61, 3 secs). Maybe something went wrong during the mode switching? I'm not a pro, but my opinion is there is a bug somewhere connected the mode switch and the higher bitrate...Makes it any sense? Oh, and I didn't use my phone and wifi was off all the time. And this time there are no missing footages, just the split and the bitrate thing.Névtelen.jpg

has anyone tried using VBR (default anyways) AND using a range value , to make it say minimum 15mbps and 35 mbps max? wouldn't that be much more efficient instead of using contantly 35mbps?

Using a custom farm, my 23L has formed in 35Mbps (2304 x 1296 pixel).
Thank you for your tutorial
For reference, please see my video.

Using a custom farm, my 23L has formed in 35Mbps (2304 x 1296 pixel).
Thank you for your tutorial
For reference, please see my video.
Nice! z1 rocks... but in this video something's wrong with codification or exportation cause if I choose 1080p I still see pixel effect...

On this modfy firmwares have any way to put more sharpness on the vídeo ?

When i make vídeo edition i see the vídeo with low sharpness.

Please, could you integrate these 2 scripts: I'd like to use also YiMAX-movie flat image on YiHyper-movie script for 1_2_12 stock firmware

1)
#YiHyper-movie script by cpurage for 1_2_12 stock firmware
#set bitrate 848x480 240fps 45Mbps
writew 0xC05C28A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C25A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2122 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 120fps 45Mbps
writew 0xC05C2812 0x4234
#set bitrate 1280x960 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2542 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x960 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2272 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 24fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2482 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2452 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248
#set bitrate 2304x1296 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4248
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#If you want to set noise reduction value to 2048 just remove the hash key from the row below and for all the resolutions you will have sharpness as craze
#t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

2)
#YiMAX-movie script by nutsey for 1.2.10 firmware - FullHD 60p (I'd like only cinematic flat image correction)
#This script is for video mode!
t ia2 -adj ev 10 0 60 0 0 140 0
#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma level
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#enable 1080p60@35Mbps video
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x03
writew 0xC05C3046 0x420C
#enable raw+jpeg stills
t app test debug_dump 14