Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

On this modfy firmwares have any way to put more sharpness on the vídeo ?

When i make vídeo edition i see the vídeo with low sharpness.
You could do that with script search on the forum it was discussed many times....

Nice! z1 rocks... but in this video something's wrong with codification or exportation cause if I choose 1080p I still see pixel effect...
Thank you Fried for a good evaluation.
In this video,I change brightness and contrast by editing, and some focuses slipped off at this time.
There may be the problem of the rendering setting, too.
I will change setting and try it.

Please, could you integrate these 2 scripts: I'd like to use also YiMAX-movie flat image on YiHyper-movie script for 1_2_12 stock firmware

1)
#YiHyper-movie script by cpurage for 1_2_12 stock firmware
#set bitrate 848x480 240fps 45Mbps
writew 0xC05C28A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C25A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2122 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 120fps 45Mbps
writew 0xC05C2812 0x4234
#set bitrate 1280x960 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2542 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x960 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2272 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 24fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2482 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2452 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248
#set bitrate 2304x1296 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4248
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#If you want to set noise reduction value to 2048 just remove the hash key from the row below and for all the resolutions you will have sharpness as craze
#t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

2)
#YiMAX-movie script by nutsey for 1.2.10 firmware - FullHD 60p (I'd like only cinematic flat image correction)
#This script is for video mode!
t ia2 -adj ev 10 0 60 0 0 140 0
#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma level
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#enable 1080p60@35Mbps video
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x03
writew 0xC05C3046 0x420C
#enable raw+jpeg stills
t app test debug_dump 14
sleep 9
#load GoPrawn config
t cal -ituner load d:\goprawn.config
sleep 1
#fix ae/awb/adj locks
t ia2 -3a 1 1 0 1
#ready beep
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

Thank a lot!
I cannot integrate inside firmware, I could only set bitrates as you write, or you can do it yourself with tutorial video in first post, for the rest you can use it as script and launch it on cam startup

So...I'd like to have a single a autoexec.ash with all settings...could you help me plese? Thanks a lot.

So, guys, to summarize everything, today FW modification is limited to custom bitrates only. For noise reduction, sharpness and other image ctrl script is a working solution.
But camera resets some script settings when you change video modes in app or switch to photo mode (even accidentally). To be sure everything works fine after any changes in app or after photo mode switch, one must reboot camera, switch off, remove-insert battery, then reboot it again.
Is it right?

Can I use this autoexec.ash with my z23L, also, I need just to paste that file on my SD card root?
Thank you.
Rodher R.
Yes, you can use it with Z23L.
However, the script calls for a file named "GoPrawn.config" to be loaded and that file is missing from the zip package.
If you look at page 1 of this thread, post #6, you'll find the text for GoPrawn.config and you can copy and paste it into a new document on your computer
** But, be warned ** The text application you use for this purpose must produce Unix compatible line endings - this is non-negotiable. If the file you create is not Unix compliant, the config file won't be recognized. Windows Notepad won't do the job. If you have a Mac, Textedit is OK to use. For Windows, search for Notepad++, a freeware application that can be configured appropriately. Another application to search for is named PS Pad, also free & it works as well, after configuring it for Unix.
If you don't handle this properly, the GoPrawn.config file will not be recognized and the script will suffer from it's absence.

For more information about autoexec files read the first post and the attachment in this thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/about-autoexec-ash-files-for-new-users.13707/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can use it with Z23L.
However, the script calls for a file named "GoPrawn.config" to be loaded and that file is missing from the zip package.
If you look at page 1 of this thread, post #6, you'll find the text for GoPrawn.config and you can copy and paste it into a new document on your computer
** But, be warned ** The text application you use for this purpose must produce Unix compatible line endings - this is non-negotiable. If the file you create is not Unix compliant, the config file won't be recognized. Windows Notepad won't do the job. If you have a Mac, Textedit is OK to use. For Windows, search for Notepad++, a freeware application that can be configured appropriately. Another application to search for is named PS Pad, also free & it works as well, after configuring it for Unix.
If you don't handle this properly, the GoPrawn.config file will not be recognized and the script will suffer from it's absence.

For more information about autoexec files read the first post and the attachment in this thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/about-autoexec-ash-files-for-new-users.13707/
Thanks a lot for quick reply, but I think I won't be able to do that (yet), kinda hard, I don't really know if do I need to copy everything (from-to) in that text in post #6... lol.
Thank you Squeamish

Last edited by a moderator:
Here, making it easy for you...
Attached zip file.

Attachments

• goprawn.config.zip
    930 bytes · Views: 37
Here, making it easy for you...
Attached zip file.
ok Thank you again for your time :). this what I got when I open the autoexec.ash (image below) what's next, do I need to copy-paste on there the file you sent to me? and then save?
sorry man, I'm to green
Thank you

Attachments

• file.png
    file.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 33
ok Thank you again for your time :). this what I got when I open the autoexec.ash (image below) what's next, do I need to copy-paste on there the file you sent to me? and then save?
sorry man, I'm to green
Thank you
I think I'm gonna mess up! lol, but I want to try anyway!

The script says that it expects goprawn.config to be on D drive.
I don't understand how that would work because there is no D drive when you boot up the camera.
Thanks
Jerry

sorry man, I'm to green
Thank you
You have 2 files to deal with:
1 - autoexec.ash
2 - GoPrawn.config
Put both of those files on the MicroSD card you will use in the camera. Don't put them in any folders, just loose on the card. That's it.
Then start the camera and let the magic happen! Try not to be disappointed - it's not mind-blowing... unless you're a really sensitive guy :)

The script says that it expects goprawn.config to be on D drive.
I don't understand how that would work because there is no D drive when you boot up the camera.
Thanks
Jerry
Yeah, its another Unix thing. The SD card is identified by the camera's system as device d:
Here's a code snippet I grabbed from another script. Notice the paths to the target files.

Code:
#cleanup
#lu_util exec rm /tmp/fuse_d/DCIM/100MEDIA/*_thm.mp4

sleep 9

#disable sharpening. coring should contain only 256x10
t is2 -shp mode 0
t is2 -shp cor d:\coring.txt

#enable FTP server
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/ftp.sh'

well, meanwhile, I try to modify an autoexec,ash file that i got around, could you please tell me if can it work?.. before I brick my cam.. lol
Thanks again for you support

Attachments

• autoexec (2).zip
    255 bytes · Views: 10
You have 2 files to deal with:
1 - autoexec.ash
2 - GoPrawn.config
Put both of those files on the MicroSD card you will use in the camera. Don't put them in any folders, just loose on the card. That's it.
Then start the camera and let the magic happen! Try not to be disappointed - it's not mind-blowing... unless you're a really sensitive guy :)
Ok, let's see if I finally got it...
  1. I need to open a new document in notepad++
  2. paste on that sheet the goprawn file you sent to me
  3. save it
  4. paste both files (autoexec.ash / GoPrawn.config.txt) on the card (D) I'll use on the cam
  5. insert card into my cam....etc.?

(in order to increase BR to 40?
Nice. But...
The resolution 2403 x 1296 is already enabled in the current firmware, 1.2.12, so it is not necessary to enable it again, as you are doing with lines 1 and 2 - so delete those two lines and the blank line after them. If that resolution was not present in the firmware already, then your code would be fine.
The next two lines set the bitrate for that resolution and again, they're fine. No problems! You got it.

Ok, let's see if I finally got it...
  1. I need to open a new document in notepad++
  2. paste on that sheet the goprawn file you sent to me
  3. save it
  4. paste both files (autoexec.ash / GoPrawn.config.txt) on the card (D) I'll use on the cam
  5. insert card into my cam....etc.?
No.
Do not do lines 1, 2, or 3. Only copy the two files (auto exec.ash and GoPrawn.config) onto the SD card. That's all there is to it. You should not neede to open those files or edit them at this point. They are both Unix compatible and don't need any alterations.

I gotta check out for tonight - have to get up early in the AM.

Back