Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Like gente said, it's probably a formatting issue. I had the same problem today with a Kingston 32GB class10. I'm on a mac right now, so I used "SDformatter" from sdcard.org with "Overwrite Format" checked, and "Logical Address Adjustment" set to "Yes". This tool is available for windows too. AFAIK apples DiskTool does not provide these kind of options. Seems to work perfectly. Also it solved a stuttering video issue when playing back straight from the card.

Hi, I have a similar problem, my videos recorded in 1080p 60fps, jerky,
jumps when playing on my PC (big processor qcore). Even after formatting SDformatter, with my kingston microsd is a 90R / 80W 32GB. Please, watched this video so jerky for you when playing on your PC

Last edited:
Those Power Bank portable charging devices can be bought in the USA at any Walmart.
They go under the name of "Pocket Juice", and come in a variety of sizes, and are inexpensive.
I've been using one for almost a year, and it charges anything which normally required a USB
charge port. Very handy.

now my camera films a 2gb file at 35mbps then do a 2 sec video at 40 mbps and then continues with a 21 mbps....

Hello , I have the same thing , the first file - short for 2-3 seconds , high Mbps , and then the rest of the recording in the next file with low Mbps. How to solve it ? microSD card ? mine is up to 30Mb / s to buy more expensive ? with 50-60Mb / s ? Is the fault of the firmware in the camera ??

Please, watched this video so jerky for you when playing on your PC
This YT clip looks smooth and fine, but YT does some reencoding magic. If the original file has more bits per second than your computer can chew through, it will stutter. Have you tried copying the movie to your computer, and playing it from the hard drive? That will work if it is the throughput from the card that is the culprit.

In my experience, the Yi stops recording if it can't store video fast enough (if the card is too slow, or there is some finicky formatting that is inefficient), then it throttles down the bitrate and starts recording again in a new file. If you get a nice long video file with the expected bitrate, but it stutters at playback, it is either taking to long for the computer to read the file from the card, or the computer can't decode and display the H.264 fast enough -leading to stuttering or dropped frames.

I can look at the original file. Maybe you can attach it to a post?

Hello , I have the same thing , the first file - short for 2-3 seconds , high Mbps , and then the rest of the recording in the next file with low Mbps. How to solve it ? microSD card ? mine is up to 30Mb / s to buy more expensive ? with 50-60Mb / s ? Is the fault of the firmware in the camera ??
Your microSD needs to be faster than your video. So if your card is 30Mb/s, your video can maximum have a bitrate of 30Mb/s.

Are you using aoutoexec.ash or custom firmware, or maybe both? If you attach it, I can have a look.

I also thought it was a fault -free card , my microSD is 30mb / s specification , and as for the speed of the video is divided into one recording into two files , the first file takes up to 4 seconds and has even 50-70Mbps , and another file already and it the recording itself has 26-34Mbps .
So, as you write , it's best to buy a decent microSD ?
I tried to change something in the AutoExec , but does not work too much on 1.2.13 , I do not know why, but I was able to achieve 1440p ( 2,560x1,440 ) only 30fps for NTSC and PAL 25fps beach .
In this resolution handy to get better bitrate :)) because the quality is great recorded videos.
I'm looking for some hints and maybe another custon firmware with a better bitrate and frames per second and sharpness :))

So if your card is 30Mb/s, your video can maximum have a bitrate of 30Mb/s.
...if your video has a bitrate of for example 45mbit/s (mbp/s) it needs at least a microsd writing speed of 5,625 mb/s (45:8), its different between mbit (video)and mbyte (microsd)!
Therefore a class10 card should be the minimum, but it also give cards with smaller writing speeds. But sometimes despite of that many people have file splitting problems, so the faster the better.
First format your card with fat32 (32kb) and try again with a empty card.
So i have no problems recording in 2k with 45mbits for a video about 16minutes and 7 GB splitted in 4 files--> all same bitrate and size.
Could be the card is very full of footages i became problems recording in 45mbits, but until yet no problems and the footages look smoother and sharper than with 35mbits.
Maybe its better setting via AFT all resolutions to CBR so you have always the same bitrate without heights above adjusted bitrate.

LG gente

Hello , and you have a script for 2k with 45mbits ? how to set it up ? :) ) For other native resolution is also set to 45mbits ??

but I was able to achieve 1440p ( 2,560x1,440 ) only 30fps for NTSC and PAL 25fps
...the sensor only can do 2304x1296, 2560x1440 is only made by upscaling the 2304x1296 resolution in camera with the "writel" command and that means not a better quality.

I understand , but the quality and so on 1440p can be seen a bit better :)) I mainly in terms of Fps and Mbps or can even transfer increased by script ?

now my camera films a 2gb file at 35mbps then do a 2 sec video at 40 mbps and then continues with a 21 mbps....
Maybe you start the recording the first clip before the script has loaded. Then the next clip is started, and stopped shortly after because the camera can't get rid of the data fast enough. Then the throttling algorithm kicks in, and you have a third recording at a lower mbit. But this is just me guessing... I put a beep at the end of my script, to know when it's done loading.

Yes, AutoExec + fw. custom 1.2.13
If you put your script and FW in a zip file, and then click "Upload a File" under the textbox here in the forum, I could look at them if you like.

...if your video has a bitrate of for example 45mbit/s (mbp/s) it needs at least a microsd writing speed of 5,625 mb/s (45:8), its different between mbit (video)and mbyte (microsd)!
Spot on, that is how it works :) I write "Mb" for mega bit, and "MB" for mega byte, and there is eight bits to a byte.

So if your card is 30Mb/s, your video can maximum have a bitrate of 30Mb/s
spot out, it gives no card with unit of measurement in Mb/s, they have an unit of MB/s.
It means: "so if your card can do 3,75 MB/s writing speed your video maximum can have a bitrate of 30Mb/s"
Do not confuse users...

Do not confuse users...
I am sorry if I caused confusion. :oops: I don't see any contrast in what you and I are saying. I just find it easier to think in terms of bits per second for the camera AND the card, for comparison. Let me clarify what I was trying to say.

Secure Digital Association currently has two ways of stating a cards speed. The first is a "C" with a number in it, for example 4 printed on the card. This number tells you the number of MegaBytes per second the card can handle. If the SD card says 4 inside the "C", that means it can handle a stream of data at a rate of 4MegaBytes per second. To find the rate of bits per second it is then necessary to multiply by eight, because eight bits make a Byte. In the case of a Class 4 card, that gives 4MBytes x 8 bits per byte = 32 Mega bits per second. To store a video with a data rate of 45 megabit per second, a class 6 card should be sufficient. Because that card handles 6MegaBytes x 8 bits = 48 Megabits per second. However there are fake and overrated cards on the market, but free tools exist to check the actual speed, so there is no need to be wondering if a card is too slow.

The other way of stating a cards speed is the "UHS" rating. UHS stands for Ultra High Speed, and requires a UHS compatible device. If you use a UHS memory card in a non-UHS host, it will default to the standard data bus and use the Class rating. It works like the class rating above, but multiplied by 10. Also the number is inside a "U". This means that if a card has the number 1 in a little "U" printed on it, it is designed to work at speeds up to 10 MegaBytes per second. If it says 3 in the "U" then it's 30 MegaBytes per second. Now if you want to know the bitrate, multiply by 8. So for our UHS 3 card, that would be 30x8 = 240 Mega bits per second.

A rating like Class and UHS is the minimum serial data writing speed, but both read and write speeds must exceed the specified value. These are the basics, but there are many nuances and caveats further down the rabbit hole. For those that want more on SDcards, speed and compatibility there is this, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital or this https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/ or there is google.

Hello Guys,

I'm quit new to this firmware flashing so i have a view questions if you guys dont mind?
I flashed my YI (Z23L) with the FW on the first page of this topic. (Big thanks:D)
The flash started and it succeeded to flash the cam.

Now my Super noob questions:
How can i check if the cam records at 35mbps?
And can i still use a script when the cam is flashed with the costum FW?
Last question is where can i get a good script, with noise reduction low and all that awesomeness that makes the video quality even better then it already is?

I hope that i'm not a pain in the ass with my questions:D

Greetings Peter

Hi, and welcome SteadyPete :)
How can i check if the cam records at 35mbps?
There are several tools for this. I use "Bitrate viewer" on windows. It's free. Google for the download, I forgot where I got it. Got it from here: http://www.winhoros.de/docs/bitrate-viewer/

And can i still use a script when the cam is flashed with the costum FW?
Yes.

Last question is where can i get a good script, with noise reduction low and all that awesomeness that makes the video quality even better then it already is?
Oh, there are several flavors. You will find a lot of them here on DCT, just use the search function here on the forum. I'm sure you'll find one you like :) Also, check this out: https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec and this: https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Thanks you very much for the quick reply and detailed answers @Bitmash :D

But its still not completely clear what scripts i can use.
I only want the video quality in 1080p 60fps to be a bit more detailed, it's all so blurry now.
Even after i focused my lens.

Back