Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

you are welcome,
...you can use all scripts discussed and posted here. You can took a line of that script and put it to another script you like so you can set your own script. Use notepad++ it is shareware.
Mostly there is a description in autoexec what the command is standing for. Scripts are usually needed for adjustments cannot done by app. The 1080p 60fps you can set via app.
You can test that one in attachment to make the footages sharper, set noise to 500, set saturation, gamma, scene to potrait mode, exposure for dark and bright scenes and fix whitebalance and exposure.
Also set Filesplitting to 4GB and gives a beep when script is ready. That line you do not need set a hashtack before it. And also some resolutions and bitrates not setable by app.
2k resolution 30fps is better for sharpness 60fps makes the motions smoother for quick scenes, test it.
For bitrate and resolution viewing you can use "bitrate viewer" for free. Reading much here in forum would help and make you many things understanding.

Attachments

I use the yi on my quadcopter and thats why i use this cam becuase it is cheap and can do 60fps.
I flashed the cam to run 1080p 60fps at 35mbps.

So i can just take a script that i like and then change the what is needed, thats awesome but i just jumped in this and it is not clear yet.
I will read as many as i can, hopefully it will be clear then;)

But the script you just posted, can i just use that one? ore do i need to makes changes to it in order to work correctly?

EDIT:
Also it say's in the HowTo file that before you start you need to set the video mode to 1920x1080 30p and after you loaded the script you may not go in the app.
So how do i change it back to the 60fps i need inorder to get decent footage?

Last edited:
...the modes you set via script overwrite the setting on app. If you change later resolution by app you have the new one you set in app. If restarting xiaomi you become that one from script again. If you do not loke script only rename or delete it. If you do not like a command in script set a hashtack (#) before it like in description of that line in autoexec.ash.
You can use and test that script without changing something , it is modified for sharpness and exposure.
Have fun...

Okay i just used the script and the quality is allready awesome! Big thanks!:D

It is indeed a bit noisy but it is quite dark in my house now so i will test it again when there is daylight.
Again thanks!

Okay i just used the script and the quality is allready awesome! Big thanks!:D

It is indeed a bit noisy but it is quite dark in my house now so i will test it again when there is daylight.
Again thanks!
...to noisy you can set the value for noise reduction from 500 to 1024, in daylight you can test with value 0!

...to noisy you can set the value for noise reduction from 500 to 1024, in daylight you can test with value 0!

Amazing, i will try it out tomorrow.
Thanks for your time mate! :D

# 2560x1440 30P ?? in autoexec.ash ??

What contribution do AutoExec ? or have already finished file to the substitution ??
handy to the good bitrate :))

Last edited:
I noticed that the 1080p 60fps 35mbps footage is not that smooth anymore after using the script are the custom FW.
Any idea what can cause this?

I use the Samsung Pro 32GB sd UHS-1 Class 10 90MB/s.

you could try to bypass all script lines and then add one by one so you find which one create smoothness problem

you could try to bypass all script lines and then add one by one so you find which one create smoothness problem

Thats a great idea, but i'm super new to this and i don't quite understand how i can turn a line on ore off.
I know you need to set a hashtag (#) before a line, but i only see one continuous line of code.
Meaby you can give me a example on where to set the # ?

EDIT:
Okay i'm such a noob haha, i used notepad instead of notepad++:oops:
Now its al clear:)

Last edited:
I don't see any difference in less or more noice when i change the value in the seccond line.
Is it because i dit not remove the # in the top line?

#noise reduction 0:no reduction(noisy but sharper)/16383:full noise reduction(no noise but less sharp)
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 500 -1

Last edited:
#noise reduction 0:no reduction(noisy but sharper)/16383:full noise reduction(no noise but less sharp)
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 500 -1
setting for example to:
"t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1" makes the footage less sharp but the noise becomes less to,
"t ia2 -adj tidx -1 0 -1" makes it noisier but the best of sharpness.
You must see an difference.
The last line of script must be an empty line (you see it at line number at the end)!
You are sure the script has started while booting cam and performing all lines?
You can hear it on long beep finishing boot.
I noticed that the 1080p 60fps 35mbps footage is not that smooth anymore after using the script are the custom FW.
Any idea what can cause this?
I am wondering why the footage not as smooth as without script, changing only gamma, noise, saturation, vibrance, scene mode, shadow/highlight exposure, file splitting that has nothing to do with the spped of video transmission. No problems on my xiaomi 23L.
Maybe you should test another player to watch videos.
Or copy footage thirst to harddisk and than view with player.
The resolution is set correctly to 1080p 60fps?
Delete that lines in script, they are made for a user had not set his firmware to 35mbit, this resolutions you can switch with modified firmwares by app. Or be sure you have the hashtacks in front of each line not to start that resolutions:

#2304x1296 30 fps 35mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x02
#writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x420C

#1920x1080 60 fps 35 mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x03
#writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x420C

#1920x1080 45 fps 35 mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x04
#writew 0xC05C1F12 0x420C

#1920x1080 30 fps 35 mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x06
#writew 0xC05C1F72 0x420C
MFG
gente

Thanks for the tips, i will try them all out and see what causes the slightly jerky footage.

I do use the Action cam for very high speed footage, but that should not make a difference.
I used it also before i used the script and FW and then it was super smooth,(btw i'm back on stock FW and only use the script now

Here is a example for what i use the Yi (footage before using any Script ore FW)
And you can see the footage is super smooth.

Last edited:
...also could be problem microsd, new formatting to fat32 32kb will probably solve your problems.
Firmware and script i mean no reason for that!
Report when you are ready testing...

I formatted the sd microsd, it was allready on that format but i formatted it again.
I'm ready to test now.

EDIT:
Looks like it is okay now, but there is only one way to test it and that is to go and fly again at high speed.

Also i notist when i filmed with this cam for the firts time it had onec in a while a white flash and after the white flash the video gets jerky and after a view seconds its smooth again.
That problem was gone after i set the Auto low light option to NO.

Here is a example of what i meen, the video is smooth and the suddenly it is jerky.
The jerky part is what i had constantly.

Last edited:
...i think its a speed problem writing on microsd. 35mbits bitrate means bigger files writing on card.
This could cause that dropouts i think. What writing speed on samsung pro, i found one with 50 mb/s and one with 80 mb/s?

The seccond movie is my buddy's yi, i used that video to show you a example on what i ment by jerky footage;)
But i use the Samsung Pro 32GB sd UHS-1 Class 10 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write
https://www.dataio.nl/micro-sd/samsung-32gb-micro-sd-pro-met-adapter-uhs-i-class-10-90mbs/

EDIT:
It feels and looks almost exactly like 48fps footage. But i will test it again tomorrow and if i still get that quality footage i will probably try a even faster MicroSd card.

Last edited:
Samsung Pro 32GB sd UHS-1 Class 10 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write
...this card must be fast enough for doing 45mbits bitrate!
what do you mean 48fps footage?
the footage of buddy with 35mbits firmware or script loaded?
also a 23l with newest fw?

Well i mean the the 60fps footage looks more like 48fps footage.
And the Yi of my bubby is the Z23l with newest firmware but no script ore Custom firmware, just completely stock but only does that jerky thing with the "Auto low light" function on.
Just like mine did when i first got it.

Is there a easy way to share raw video files?
Then i can send you a file and you can take a look at it, and see what you think about it.

Last edited:
load it to youtube and provide the link to video here, i think they support resolutions to 1080p.

Back