Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

load it to youtube and provide the link to video here, i think they support resolutions to 1080p.

I could do that but i have only one youtube channel and that is the one i use for my FPV Racing videos and do not want to post random footage on it, then my viewers think Wtf is this, haha;)

We could use the programe "Send Anyware" its super easy and handy, i give you the code and then you can get the raw video file.
Let me know if you want to do that:)

Code to recive video file: 67F1XS
Its totaly save, you can view the file before accepting it

Last edited:
i watched video great race in car park.
what quadcopter do you fly, i mean you fasten directly at copter without gimbal?
resolution 1080p 60fps?
original firmware without script?
The video is smooth enough with that setting framerate.
Could a little bit sharper, but i mean with that low light setting noise reduction to small makes footage to noisy.
Try settings above 500 and test the best value for you without having noise. Higher settings means loosing sharpness.
Flying in daylight decrease value to 0.
The colours could have more saturation, can changed in first line of my script the third value set now to 160 i mean, higher values more saturation of colours. Try and test want you want.
Have you refocussed your lens for better focus far away it could hep to become sharper footages in the distance?
Gamma you also can change via my script, i think the gamma is a little bit to high makes the footages to bright. Try a value about 160.
Test different autoexposure settings via app, central or average whats better for your conditions.
Test,test,test....
LG Gente

I fly the ImmersionRC Vortex FPV racing quadcopter and the Yi is mounted to a anti jello platform. (attachment)
And this video was recorded at 1080p 60fps with custom firmware and script.
Yes i did refocus the lens for it to be a bit sharper at distance.

I'm going to try all the different setting, thanks for all the advice on what everything does:D

Attachments

• Recliner2.jpg
    Recliner2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
i love that fpv racer!
so u use a flight cam for livepicture with glasses and the xiaomi for footages?
How long can you fly with xiaomi connected to lipo of the racer?
back to the xiaomi...custom firmware means the original bitrate!
You can try follow lines setting to autoexec.ash to test in 35mbits, makes the video clearer.
I think the lines are in the script i send you, delete only hashtacks in front of needed commands, like this:

#1920x1080 60 fps 35 mbps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x03
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x420C

...have fun flying quadcopter

Last edited:
Thanks, i love it to:D

But yeah i use the flight cam for live feed back to my goggles and use the Yi for recording the flight.
I do not have the Yi powered by the lipo of the quad but i can fly for 5 minutes, i could power the yi with my quad but i haven't done that yet because i need a power converter.

I have but the original 1,2,13Fw back on it and only run the script you gave me and tested some different settings and it's almost there for low light conditions:)
Just need to test some more but man there is allready a big differance between the stock cam en how it is now with the script, love it!

This is how i have it now: ( Also i found a script on youtube and meaby you can do somting with it, it's in the attachment)

#video script by gente for 1.2.13 firmware

#2304x1296 30 fps 35mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x02
#writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x420C

#1920x1080 60 fps 35 mbps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x03
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x420C

#1920x1080 45 fps 35 mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x04
#writew 0xC05C1F12 0x420C

#1920x1080 30 fps 35 mbps
#writeb 0xC06CC426 0x06
#writew 0xC05C1F72 0x420C

#setting vibrance and saturation
t ia2 -adj ev 10 0 70 0 0 160 0

#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 200

#set gamma level
t ia2 -adj gamma 160

#enable 1/13/14/34/38 scene modes: auto/landscape/portrait/through_glass/car_DV
t cal -sc 14

#noise reduction 0:no reduction(noisy but sharper)/16383:full noise reduction(no noise but less sharp)
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1250 -1

#fix ae/awb/af/adj 0:eek:n 1:eek:ff
t ia2 -3a 1 1 0 1

#set file size to 4GB
sleep 3
writew 0xC03A8520 0x2004
sleep 1

#ready beep
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

Attachments

• Xiaomi Yi script.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
this script is also for sharpen, i tested it before and i mean it is only good for people who want edit sharpness via software.
This script is for another fw version so on not all adresses in that autoexec.ash would work.
I made you a script with your settings (only 3 lines more in script refer to coring.txt , i have modified for sharpness) for testing, extract and put both files (autoexec.ash and coring.txt) in root directory of microsd and before rename your old autoexec.ash!
Have fun...

Attachments

• fpv_coring.zip
    841 bytes · Views: 38
Big thanks for al the help and time!:D

I've put the old autoexec.ash file on to a other folder on my pc.
Do i still need to rename the file, if yes to what name?

And what is ISO?
Is it only for pictures or has it also influence on the recording quality?

Also i noticed that the last line of the script is not empty. Is this intended?

Last edited:
And has anyone AutoExec to 30Mbps 2880x1620 30fps
2560x1440 30fps 30Mbps
but 30Mbps but 40-50Mbps ? and focus more ?? I asked for the file Autoexec script .

And one more thing , when recording movies in the 2k walk me to my PC as I would be let go in vacation, why ?? :) I have the appropriate equipment and all was well in advance , and since today plays strange to me , maybe something with the drivers of the graphics card ?

I cant give you the script you looking for but meaby i can help you with your PC.

What GPU do you have?
And what is the exact problem you have now when playing the video file you just recorded ?

I ask because i do not completely understand your question.
when recording movies in the 2k walk me to my PC as I would be let go in vacation, why ?? :) I have the appropriate equipment and all was well in advance , and since today plays strange to me , maybe something with the drivers of the graphics card ?

Big thanks for al the help and time!:D

I've put the old autoexec.ash file on to a other folder on my pc.
Do i still need to rename the file, if yes to what name?

And what is ISO?
Is it only for pictures or has it also influence on the recording quality?

Also i noticed that the last line of the script is not empty. Is this intended?

...sorry you need an empty line at the end of script, you have to add a line with notepad++!
ISO is for pictures for exposure (sensitivity of a camera film) can fix it to a value. Iso 100/200 are for sunshine footages, higher values for darker scenes...
You only have to extract files and put both to root directory if microsd, the names i mean are ok: autoexec.ash and coring.txt must be the file names.

...sorry you need an empty line at the end of script, you have to add a line with notepad++!
ISO is for pictures for exposure (sensitivity of a camera film) can fix it to a value. Iso 100/200 are for sunshine footages, higher values for darker scenes...
You only have to extract files and put both to root directory if microsd, the names i mean are ok: autoexec.ash and coring.txt must be the file names.

Thanks, i just added a line to the script;)
So i'f i understand correctly, the ISO also have influence to not only pictures but also films?

hey guys i need some help please
my auto autoexec seems to be ignored my the yi.
i have saved it with the correct name "autoexec.ash" in the root of the sd card, card formatted, and the line added/file saved with notepad++
specially the enable raw files/photo, it seems that is not working. i only see jpg.
i am using the latest fw
any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
hey guys i need some help please
my auto autoexec seems to be ignored my the yi.
i have saved it with the correct name "autoexec.ash" in the root of the sd card, card formatted, and the line added/file saved with notepad++
any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

First of all welcom here on Dashcamtalk.

What Yi do you have? And which script do you use?
And did you just installed the script for the first time ore is it a script you used before whitout any problems?

...@Warp.pr read the post #441 and load the zip from post #441 extract it and try to start with file, copying to root directory.
If you hear a long beep at the end of starting xiaomi the script was loaded and something is wrong in your autoexec.ash.

Isn't the biep a sign the script loaded successfully? Mine is also bieping at the end of start up.
3 short bieps and then 1 biep of 1 second long.

...it is a sign for loading the script exactly, you can see the corresponding lines at the end of autoexec script.

Code:
#ready beep
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable

Here you can look for commands can set in your autoexec.ash:
https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec

Back