Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

As a side note, I tried Timelapse mode but all it did was create files named Yxxxxxxxxx instead of creating new folders. Also, what are those THM files?
I don't get your point Yxxxxx files are what you need to create timelapse video...

I don't get your point Yxxxxx files are what you need to create timelapse video...

I meant that according to changelog when taking pictures in timelapse mode (not video timelapse) it's supposed to create a folder for the sequential files, however it does not do that

I have make my self a mess.:oops::oops:
Can I use the scrip above or will it cause any bug?
If it doesn't do I need to have a fast writing micro SD card?
:);)

Well the script works for all the resolutions inside it, but somehow the App is screwing up the whole situation :(

THM = Thumbnails for app

And I suspect the THM files which are created once the video is trigered by the app, but at all the bug is because of the app, because the App is writing something wrong to the Camera, please try my way with fully charged battery or on charger without the battery of the camera and leave it to record for the whole memory to be depleted, but before doing this just do this:

1) Factory Reset of the Camera
2) Set the Video mode default after boot and resolution you want through App WITHOUT MicroSD in the camera
3) Format your MicroSD on your Laptop/PC FAT32 fast format copy my autoexec.ash script and put the MicroSD in the Camera
4) Boot the camera and start recording

Or you can even use the 50Mbps firmware.bin that I've made for you, the trick is the MicroSD card to be formated and so the camera to be able to write on it for a first time and without the app connected.

Now I can put even higher Video bitrate but it don't make sence because I saw my MicroSD write speed on windows copying files max 51.8 Mbps so I don't want to push it more than that !

And after that you all can see the result for your self:

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I meant that according to changelog when taking pictures in timelapse mode (not video timelapse) it's supposed to create a folder for the sequential files, however it does not do that
You mean a dedicated folder? For me it changes file names for time lapse than normal shoot and every folder is limited to 1000 image ...

Exactly what I meant. I thought there would be a dedicated folder for each timelapse. Maybe a script can do that, would be great. The stupid 1000 limit is a menace when you start it in the middle of a folder, then you have to rename files and such

i tried it that way too but it isn't working.. it just turns on as usual

Fried, after using your custom firmware, I realised that files split when I'm taking videos with wifi preview. Without wifi preview, everything works fine (: btw ^ it'd be good to have a script to create a file for each time lapse (photo) and burst mode. Do update me if that's possible!

Well the script works for all the resolutions inside it, but somehow the App is screwing up the whole situation :(

And I suspect the THM files which are created once the video is trigered by the app, but at all the bug is because of the app, because the App is writing something wrong to the Camera, please try my way with fully charged battery or on charger without the battery of the camera and leave it to record for the whole memory to be depleted, but before doing this just do this:

1) Factory Reset of the Camera
2) Set the Video mode default after boot and resolution you want through App WITHOUT MicroSD in the camera
3) Format your MicroSD on your Laptop/PC FAT32 fast format copy my autoexec.ash script and put the MicroSD in the Camera
4) Boot the camera and start recording

Or you can even use the 50Mbps firmware.bin that I've made for you, the trick is the MicroSD card to be formated and so the camera to be able to write on it for a first time and without the app connected.

Now I can put even higher Video bitrate but it don't make sence because I saw my MicroSD write speed on windows copying files max 51.8 Mbps so I don't want to push it more than that !

And after that you all can see the result for your self:
I made one more little test but this time with hoderer's firmware just to check it, here are the results:
Test 1 with class 10 card, continuous recording - files are splitted for 2 gigs pieces, bitrate didn't change at all (35 Mbit).
Test 2 with class 4 card, continuous recording - many little files, the first is with a 35 Mbit bitrate, but the others have ~20 Mbit....
But I didn't remove the battery before the test 2, so today I will try it.

Hello,

Does it give a custom firmware for the Z23L with 40 mb/s or 45mb/s ? The script works with 50mb/s but after a restart or change the resolution the settings are away :( So i want a firmware that i have constant 40-50 mb/s . My MicroSD ist an Samsung 64GB Pro.

thanks for posts :)

Fried, after using your custom firmware, I realised that files split when I'm taking videos with wifi preview. Without wifi preview, everything works fine :) btw ^ it'd be good to have a script to create a file for each time lapse (photo) and burst mode. Do update me if that's possible!

You don't say :p... are you sure that they are splitting ... check the attachment from bellow please

2n6ssk6.png

P.S. And please don't offend Fried just like this anymore, because all the files from the screenshot are made WITH WiFi preview mode and thank god that at lease Frieds' firmware is working with NO bugs currently, yes, I've reverted back to his AllResolutions@35Mbps video bitrate and seems that my x600 UHC-I MicroSD card work better with 35Mbps custom firmware, than any higher speed based custom firmware like mine ;)

I've reverted back to his AllResolutions@35Mbps video bitrate and seems that my x600 UHC-I MicroSD card work better with 35Mbps custom firmware

...that exactly my words

@jian95
For file splitting isn't a firmware problem but other limit like microsd speed class ..
For time lapse dedicated folder I wrote a message in G+ group where xiaomiyi developer are for fix that, for now no one work on a script that do that, if is possible do that via script...

@cpurage Thanks man.. :)
Did you have issues with high rate bitrate..?

@jian95
For file splitting isn't a firmware problem but other limit like microsd speed class ..
For time lapse dedicated folder I wrote a message in G+ group where xiaomiyi developer are for fix that, for now no one work on a script that do that, if is possible do that via script...

@cpurage Thanks man.. :)
Did you have issues with high rate bitrate..?

Unfortunatelly Yes I have :( , I mean I can record 2 x 1.85GB videos on freshly formatted MicroSD card, but the 3rd video after the second 1.85GB one is with bitrate 30Mbps and at 50Mbps the videos are about 5m11sec to 5m15sec long :( so yes I'm able to shoot at 50Mbps but with this workaround and for no more than 10+ minutes :(

Got it, but for the price it's fantastic that you could push it till 50mbps... :)

Got it, but for the price it's fantastic that you could push it till 50mbps... :)
Yes and even more, I've tried 60Mbps with the script and it also was able to create 2 x files for about 4m33sec both files 1.85GB and the third splitted file is comming as @30Mbps bitrate but YAH that's fantastic camera for it's low price.

I have a 64Gb card (Sandisk class-10 uhs-1 80/Mb) formatted by Yi as exFAT. The file split issue exists. Furthermore after the 2nd filesplit a 3sec file (20mb) was created.

I have a 64Gb card (Sandisk class-10 uhs-1 80/Mb) formatted by Yi as exFAT. The file split issue exists. Furthermore after the 2nd filesplit a 3sec file (20mb) was created.

So fist of all go for FAT32 instead of exFAT and then just flash your camera with Fried's firmware and you will get the proper splittage of files with 1.85GB size and @35Mbps ;)

Everything higher than that will be splitted not properly ;) or because you have 80 Mbps write speed guaranteed you could be our trial mouse and check at least the 46 Mbps firmware (mine one or else, I've lost myslef into this thread :D, seriously after having 2-3 beers I forgot which was the link for my 46Mbps firmware, aaah actually I don't heve it was for 1.2.10 and not for 1.2.12, but I'm so lazy now beucase of the beers that I've drinked and I don't want to spend time in building a new one for 1.2.12 @ 46Mbps :\ )

FAT32 file size limit is 4GB. So even without this file split bug, every 16 minutes (FullHD 30fps) a new file will be generated if FAT32 file format is used.

I'm happy to be a tester, please share the link of the firmware you want to test.

Fyi, I will be on holiday within 3 weeks and I would like to use my camera without file split.

Is there other/older firmware without such a bug?

Last edited:
FAT32 file size limit is 4GB. So even without this file split bug, every 16 minutes (FullHD 30fps) a new file will be generated if FAT32 file format is used.

I'm happy to be a tester, please share the link of the firmware you want to test.

Fyi, I will be on holiday within 3 weeks and I would like to use my camera without file split.

Is there other/older firmware without such a bug?

There you go PpenoO:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VOFIlQpGN8b3E5YTkxdVJRbjQ/view?usp=sharing

Or you can even use the following script + stock FW 1.2.12:

#YiHyper-movie script by cpurage for 1_2_12 stock firmware
#set bitrate 848x480 240fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C28A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C25A2 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2122 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x720 120fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2812 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x960 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2542 0x4248
#set bitrate 1280x960 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2272 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 24fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2482 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1F72 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 48fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C2452 0x4248
#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EE2 0x4248
#set bitrate 2304x1296 30fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4248
#t ia2 -adj tidx [ev_idx][nf_idx][shutter_idx]", "-1 disable"
#looks like the values are between 0-16383 (0x0000-0x3FFF)
#If you want to set noise reduction value to 2048 just remove the hash key from the row below and for all the resolutions you will have sharpness as craze
#t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

It is up to you, choice is yours ;)

Back