XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

Hi everyone,

my Xiaomi Yi is not responding when pressing the power button.
The main red led ring only turns on when I connect the camera to the computer but only the main led turns on, not the other three like many users report.

Is it possible to unbrick in this situation? What might cause only the main led to turn on?

Best regards,
Daniel

Hey Mi Cracks,
i have the Z26L mi yi sport cam -
i failed to upgrade firmware from 1.4 to 1.5 today.... :cry:
i really try everything to get out this anyoing Beep! loop - gnah!
Doesnt work - i tried the direct usb stuff with the 22L elf file - said its done, i wait about 10 min nothing happend , i disconect from pc, turn it on and then it beep again about 3 seconds, blue and red light ar switching . then cam turn off. i turn on again, and im back in beeb beeb beeb , stop, beeb beeb beeb, stop... and so on !
Really dont know what to do now :( any ideas?
Best regards,

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

My cam is bricked only show three red leds when i try to turn it on, i do erase nand then i flash the elf file using direct USB after the software say done i wait for 3 min then i turn the cam on, it turns on and make beeping sound for few times and the ring led keep flashing then it turns of.

When i press power button again nothing happens it shows the three red leds again as nothing happened ??? how i can fix that

Please help

The firmware programming took 58seconds to finish for me. And then the status turns from Wait to OK.

If your windows can't find the driver. Then point it to the location your installed the yiSportCamUSB software. There's a driver folder there.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XiaoYi\yiSportCamUSB\Driver

Once the driver was installed properly, the yiSportCamUSB program Foun 1 YDXJ device!

View attachment 15796

BTW, for those without access to PowerPoint. Here is the point to ground. Simply touch that point to the metal chassis. I used a paper clip. It was easier to bend than tweezers.
View attachment 15797

Thanks Cruz!!
l'm aware of this post's age ,but I've just now had my unresponsive Z231... cam, I think because I tried to downgrade firmware! Neither the Xiaoyi help for unbricking nor the Mi pages mention initializing the driver. I saw the action on the yiactioncamusb fw page after my pc was told what to do with the cam!Thanks lots!!

It appeared that my Z231...cam successfully connected and downloaded the .elf file in 1 min. 2 seconds, but I have only a red ring light until the battery is charged and then the three leds and no other sign of electronic life!

Hallo I have the problem that it always stops at 41 percent when i upload yifirmware.bin
I have done the progress with the elf file bevor I have a Z221....
Can anybody help me?
error.JPG

There are elf files for yi lite 4k? Please I need help, thanks

Sorry for my english.

Hello! I would like to ask for help. I've been try all I found not only here but all internet :)

I've got Yi camera with SN starts 22L. My camera didn't use by several month. When I try to ON it - it only beeps. So I charged battery. Battery gives 4.1V. I tryed elf files, bin files with autoexec, I tryed to change SN on my one with autoexec - before firmwaring, after, before and after. I tryed older firmware after newest and newest after older. With battery and without battery, from computer USB and from chareger. I tryed all this in different orders.
I tryed to left it beeping, I tryed any versions of DirectUSB, ofcourse I tryed with erase nand and without.
Sometimes I have 3 red led, sometimes blue beeping, sometimes blue beeping like firwaring and after blue beep-beep-beep looping. Even ONE time a gave cаmera like OK camera - blue beep, blue light and I coud ON wi-fi led by button, but it was no wi-fi connection in my surroundings.
Hardware is OK on first sight.

Please, any ideas other than recycling the camera away?

Hi...i have a problem with my yi cam...when i try to turn it on, it's only beep onve with the small red led blink (not the round one) but nothing happen (cam not turn on). Then i press the power button again, there is nothing happen. I pull off the battery and put it on again, then press the power button, it's only beep once again with the led blink again

Anyone here can help ?
Already try the usbdirect but nothing happen to my yi cam. Already try 1.2.13 & 1.2.6 & 1.5.6 & 1.5.4 elf file and no one help my cam back to life

Please help

my cam (23l) shut down while flashing firmware with direct usb.
the led are blinking blue and purple for a while, then it shut down.
Direct usb says DONE, but when i trt to power up the cam it only made one beep with no lights on.
someone can help me?
i've tried erase nand, different firmware, different version of directusb, checking if all cable are ok. but noting changed

edit: somebody can send me the correct autoexec.ash file to flash firmware?

Last edited:
Try this links friend:

1)https://mega.nz/#!iQF0mYoT!pqn4x1AtrlRXNTEGT4WD7PBjAuE97KJZnpb2OUl_rUg

2)http://files.kubiq.sk/yiactioncamera.rar

3)send to me your email that I can send to you the 1.2.13, and/or the 1.5.6 (latest versions) ELF Files.

Best regards
Hi Luis can you send me the ELF 1.5.6 files please? My email is jpalczuk@gmail.com
I have been able to flash the 1.2 version but if I try to update via microsd it will go back to loop :/
My version is 26L but the original files for 22L worked anyway.
Thanks a lot!

hi, i have done every process but 3beep dont stop even more 15 minutes wait.
then i disconnected the camera but when turn on the camera still shutter led on and video mode led on. and no response
please help me

Anyone needing still to unbrick an original Yi cam: Log on to goprawn.com. open the page for ambarella cams and then the thread for unbricking amba cams a12,a9.a7 , and etc.
This system does not use direct usb .

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone needing still to unbrick an original Yi cam: Log on to goprawn.com. open the page for ambarella cams and then the thread for unbricking amba cams a12,a9.a7 , and etc.
This system does not use direct usb .

thanks before, the software work but in the end of process yicam on and software lost connection from yicam, so far the process is failed. my yicam cant work anymore

Back