XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

Discussion in 'Yi Action Camera' started by cruz, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Funkycl

Funkycl New Member

Viet Nam
    Can u help me with my problem?
    I already post that

2. nofly

nofly New Member

Belarus
    I don't unbrick my cam(

3. asdasdasd

asdasdasd New Member

American Samoa
    i have same problem with you @nofly. Please anyone help me :( Thanks

4. Falken

Falken New Member

Spain
    I think there is no solution for 3 red led. My Yi is dead, long life to my Yi!

5. miniiee

miniiee New Member

Malaysia
    still unable to solve this problem. damnnnn..

suspect xiaomi doing problem firmware -.-

6. maymay

maymay New Member

India
    I still can't unbrick my cam. I've tried it more than 20 times. The my cam will beep three times and then turn off after the word "DONE". and when i press the power button again, nothing happens :'( i'm really doomed

UPDATE: my cam works already!!! What i did i follow all the steps as mentioned in the previous posts (Cruz) and this is what happened to me:

1. I followed all the steps (unmount front part of the cam, connect the cam to the laptop, downloaded and install yicamusb,
    shortcircuit, used the latest elf file v.1.2.13 (just follow everything including the installation of the driver manually)
    2. After the software says "done", the light will blink *blue* *red* for a few seconds and will beep 3 times before it turned off automatically. i waited for a few minutes before i disconnect the cam with my laptop
    3. This is the tricky part. I inserted the formatted fat32 micro SD to the cam with the latest firmware and ash file. Afterwhich, i removed the battery and let the cam "rest" for a while. meaning, i did not do anything for the next 20 hrs!
    4. After waiting patiently, i inserted the battery again to the cam and pressed the power button. And... The light of power button turned to *blue* *red* again as if the cam is updating the firmware. The cam automatically turned off afterwards.
    5. I pressed the power button again, and FINALLY IT'S WORKING!!!!

I've tried to many times the whole process. And the only difference between what i did before and the successful try is that i let the cam to rest for so many hours after using the yicamusb and the elf file.

Hope this helps and works on your cam too!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  7. Details

Details New Member

Portugal
    I've done everything but now my Xiaomi Yi is always booting as USB Direct Mode Device...

Like I was shorting the 2 points everytime I turn it on

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. Details

Details New Member

Portugal
    I know why mine wont work anymore...

SOLVED: Buy a new one!

The cable is broken, I think its that...

http://prntscr.com/dstr2c

9. Kent Sampson

Kent Sampson New Member

Trinidad And Tobago
    Hey guys I tired the above but after wiping the nand then flashing the 22l file on my 23l camera all I get is one beep with the 3 red lights coming on, nothing else.

10. Daniel_Saicam

Daniel_Saicam New Member

Mexico
    Hey, también soy de México y creo tener el mismo problema, ¿podrías ayudarme con las instrucciones en español? mi ingles no es tan bueno, te lo agradeceria muchísimo.

11. agour

agour New Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks to the instructions in this thread, I now have a bricked yi.

It worked fine, but I wanted to downgrade the firmware to get yimax working (although now that works on the z25l!!)

Followed all the steps, but not it is stuck with the three lights on, and doesn't respond at all.

It also seems to be permanently in direct USB mode.

The elf files flash to the device properly, but afterwards it is still dead. It won't update the firmware on the device either.

12. Tiago Bernardo Dias

Tiago Bernardo Dias New Member

Portugal
    Guys

Here is how you can short circuit Xiaomi Yi.

13. Tiago Bernardo Dias

Portugal
    So

After short circuiting the camera, I plugged it to the computer. I ran YiSportCamUSB and before connecting to the camera, I choose the 22L ELF files contained on the download folder that comes with the YISportCamUSB, named - > YDXJv22L_1.2.6_build-20150709094743_b1031_i841_s1038 <- .
    After choosing the file, I connected the camera and the OK Green Light on the program was on.
    After pressing download I got this...

Press the image to see

Anyone got an idea??

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. Tiago Bernardo Dias

Portugal
    This is what I get when I short circuit the camera and connect it to the computer.

Attached Files:

15. chicha

chicha New Member

Philippines
    i have 25L does it work here aswell?

16. Luis Mazzeto

Luis Mazzeto New Member

Brazil
    Hi guys, I tried something like that today. (Xiaomi YI Z23L)
    Already did the ELF process, I gave up trying and then I put the camera to rest for more than 20 hours too.
    I removed the battery, removed the micro SD, and plug into a wall charger. I pressed the power buttom, and for my surprise the camera turns on, blinking the power led for more than 10 times (indicating that he doing something), and after that, he power off. I almost cry.
    I plugged my formated micro SD and than put the firmware.bin (that is I think here was my fault. I need to put the .ash and yifirmware.bin) inside my Yi, pressed the power buttom again but nothing occurs.
    Now I repeated all the process, and finalized equal the steps from "may may".
    In 20 hours I back to talk to you if works or not.

Sorry for my English.

17. Luis Mazzeto

Luis Mazzeto New Member

Brazil
    Z23L BACK TO LIFE TUTORIAL

Hi guys, I have already unbricked my Xiaomi Yi Z23L with certains plus details, but passed some minutes working he turns off sudenly and back to brick.
    Than I call for help from Z23L users to try this method and talk if worked well or not.
    My English is not so good so...

Follow the steps:

1)Follow the steps from the first page of this topic;
    2)Remove the battery and micro SD from camera and let him to rest for some hours (5 hours tested by me, and works for this tutorial);
    3)Format the micro SD on your computer and after that, copy and paste the "autoexec.ash" and "yifirmware.bin" from the root (even my being a Z23L, I used the YDXJv22L_1.2.13_build-20150906142851_b1049_i841_s1120 e o yifirmware versão Z22L);
    4)Insert the battery and micro SD on the camera, plug him on a wall charger, and do not press any buttom, just let him plugged for some 20 minutes;
    5)After that 20 minutes, press the power on. If everything is ok, you hear a beep, the power light will goes on followed by more than 10 blinks. Then again some Beeps, and the camera will switch off automatically. (Theoretically - the firmware was installed and the archives .ash and .bin will automatically deleted after that.);
    6)Press the Power Buttom and he will turns on normally. Photo e video mode passing, but they didn't working - when press the shutter, a long beep sounds, that's a signal for the next step;
    7)Turn on the Wi-Fi and connect with your smarphone App. Connection Ok, try to take a photo or a video, and still don't working (sometimes comes a error message saying: Format the SD Card, or something like that, just do that by the app (device settings, micro SD, format);
    8)You've got back your Xiaomi Yi 2k all functional!!!

Hope it help you guys!!!

18. radbek

radbek New Member

Ukraine
    Hi! Can someone give me working link to the 1.2.13 ELF files . Thanks!

19. Luis Mazzeto

Luis Mazzeto New Member

Brazil
  20. radbek

radbek New Member

Ukraine