XIAOMI Yi sport Camera died after firmware update

Well that didn't take long. All I had to do was throw out a request for help, and presto, I got it working.

My fix is too simple to believe. I simply downloaded the latest firmware (1.09) from here: https://dashcamtalk.com/xiaomi-yi/ at the bottom of the page - put it on my 32gb fat32 card (otherwise completely empty) and power cycled. It immediately went to the 1 beep per second w/blue ring blinking, and shut down after about a min. Works great.

Hi... at last, i found someone who had identic problem with me.
i also have that kind of beeps in my camera. I already tried your way but still i can't solve it.
before you download the firmware and flash it, did you tried to unbrick the camera using the yifirmware.bin?
i actually succeeded the attempt to unbrick using yifirmware.bin, my beep sound became one by one and then the red led flashes few times and the camera turn off.
i even can turn it on the camera without beep again... and then i turn it off again.
but when i turn it on again, then the beep come again.. the 1 and 2 beeps version.

do you have any idea?

thanx.
Steven.

@reverend, would you help me? i've used your autoexec.ash. and i run it for couple hours (i'm sleeping). but it steel beeping.
this is my sdcard capture:

SDCARD.png

If I'm not mistaken, you told that it would create end.txt file if it finished?
but i dont think this is finished because there're still nvd_0.bin and nvd_1.bin.
the progress.txt contain just this: [4l

this is my beeping sound video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykFzL0V25qxYkdrRFlWMGlRbmM&authuser=0

thanks.

Last edited:
well after uncountable attempst, the beeps are gone... but i experience the 3 red LED on without a single beep.. the power button LED is off. T_T

Well I've online chat with xiaomi sg this morning.. and the solution that they gave is claim the warranty from the seller...
well, that's sucks...

I have the same problem, I tried unbricking it, I tried installing another firmware.With firmware v1.0.12 the camera doesn't beep or flash, it just shows the blue light, but I can't turn on the wifi.If I remove the 1.0.12 firmware from the card it starts beeping again, what should I do?

I have the same problem, I tried unbricking it, I tried installing another firmware.With firmware v1.0.12 the camera doesn't beep or flash, it just shows the blue light, but I can't turn on the wifi.If I remove the 1.0.12 firmware from the card it starts beeping again, what should I do?
Goto retailer and claim the warranty.

Goto retailer and claim the warranty.

There's no way I can fix it?I'm going on a trip in a couple a weeks and I need the camera, If I send it back to the retailer I would probably get another one in a month or so.

There's no way I can fix it?I'm going on a trip in a couple a weeks and I need the camera, If I send it back to the retailer I would probably get another one in a month or so.

You can take pictures without connecting to mobile via WiFi now?

I can't connect to the phone, I press the wifi button but nothing happens.

Are you able to click pictures at all? I mean, just by pressing button, without connecting to cell phone. You see pics on SD card?

Oh sorry, anyway file for a refund / product exchange at your retailer now, as a backup plan, it could be late after your trip.

If I ask for an exchange I would probably get the product in a month+, I waited 17 days to receive it.The're nothing else I can try to fix it?
I'm so dissapointed I bought this camera.

Hello Reverent:
I tried to fix my problem by all the ways you explained but it didn´t worked.
The text in the progress.txt is always 4 and the beep rate is like beep...beepbeep and then starts again
In the sd card appears nvd_0 nvd_1 files but the camera never works. What should I do?
Thanks

I finally fixed it, if anyone is having the same problem try the steps I took:
1.I removed the battery
2.I plugged the usb cable in a charger, not in the pc.
3.I tried to turn it off, but unsuccessfully.
4.I put the battery inside the camera.
5.Turn the camera on, after that I turn the wifi on and it worked.

When I upgraded to 1.0.9, it was flawless. However, I had forgotten to insert my battery and put it on charger. Not sure if this had anything to do with the smooth process. Anyway, seems best to avoid FW upgrade unless there is any major issue in the first place.

Back