XIAOMI Yi sport Camera died after firmware update

Hello Reverent:
I tried to fix my problem by all the ways you explained but it didn´t worked.
The text in the progress.txt is always 4 and the beep rate is like beep...beepbeep and then starts again
In the sd card appears nvd_0 nvd_1 files but the camera never works. What should I do?
Thanks
i have the same problem. anyone found way fix it?
6337402.jpg

02.jpg

6337405.jpg

6337408.jpg

Hi,
exactly the same problem with my cam. I tried to flash the firmware several times with different versions (1.0.0, 1.0.12, 1.1.0) and different SD cards. But it does not work.
Everytime the same problem. Content of proggress.txt = [4l...Cam just beeping and blinking.
Somebody found a fix? I'm gratefull for any information.

Thank you in advance...

Just guessing. Could be a bad(or just empty) battery problem. I would try connecting an external 4V power supply directy to the pins where the battery pads touch and retry to update.
Never had this problem but I updated the firmware more than 30 times already without any problems.

Just guessing. Could be a bad(or just empty) battery problem. I would try connecting an external 4V power supply directy to the pins where the battery pads touch and retry to update.
Never had this problem but I updated the firmware more than 30 times already without any problems.

Thank you funnel. But i'm guess that's not the problem. Because the camera was also connected to the charger during flashing.
Nevertheless i will try it during one of my next attempts.

6337402.jpg

02.jpg

6337405.jpg

6337408.jpg
I was able to get this to work by deleting the firmware.bin file from the sd card and put it back in. It worked after that. I was having the same problem

Hey everyone! My problem was the same like Ivanko's or Cub3y and maybe some other guys from this thread.
Once I've received my YI cam I've connected it to my Iphone. The application forced me to update the firmware because it doesnt work with old factory firmware.
OK I thought lol and updated that devil box. After update and reboot I had beeping loop death (near brick) which made me crazy in few next days because I've listened to it for hours.
Ofc I've tried every method in this thread. Every firmware from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0. And had the same result as guys I've mentioned before. I've tried different microSD cards.
Beeping speed and rythm was different with different firmwares and microSDs but still no result.

After countless tries I had revived my cam. I dunno if it is Chinese magic or just luck.
I'm not giving someone hope but I recommend at least to try my method. It is only a few minutes.
Solution :
I took 2GB FAT formatted microSD card.
I put autoexec.ash file on the microSD
I put on my microSD 1.1.0 firmware file (the latest firmware for now) which I've downloaded from the official site where I wrote my serial number Z2215xxxxxxxx
I've renamed 1.1.0 file to firmware.bin
I've changed the text in the autoexec.ash from yifirmware.bin to firmware.bin
Put that microSD card into my camera and turned it on
Voila! It began beepin exactly one time every second. After 60-70 seconds it turned off.
After restart it was revived and now it is working!

good evening guys, i've got some issues here
I just upgrading my firmware to 1.1 last saturday but after that, my xiaomi yi won't charging even though when it connected to the charger, the red light indicator is on
but after one hour of charging, the red light won't turn off (usually after 1 hour the red light indicator turned off)
and now my xiaomi yi won't turn on, and when i reconnected the charger, the red light indicator isn't on too.
please help me :( :( :(

Attachments

• 201506150857301.jpg
    201506150857301.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 8
  • are you sure you downloaded correct firmware?
  • are you sure you downloaded whole file?

• are you sure you downloaded correct firmware?
  • are you sure you downloaded whole file?

yeah, i downloaded the firmware from my yi camera application on my android, after i downloded the firmware and installed it to my yi cam, the camera works just fine (saturday morning)
and then sunday night i'm turning it on again and it still works, but yesterday when i connected the charger to my camera, it won't charged
i've tried several charger but the red light indicator still not working
do you happen to know xiaomi yi customer service so i can ask directly??

i don't even own the camera yet. If you have any multimeter, try measuring the voltage of the battery. Check battery contacts on the camera and battery itself if they aren't bent or damaged in any way.

BTW updating the firmware via official mobile app isn't considered a safe way, since you have no way to verify you downloaded whole file.

Last edited:
Hi,

My xiaoyi is bricked too after the firmware 1.20 upgrade.

I have been reading any threads from many forums including official chinese forum (http://bbs.xiaomi.cn/thread/index/tid/11479862) i.e. for those who understand chinese but there are still no solution to unbrick my xiaoyi.

To summarise, there are mainly 3 problems
1) 3 LEDs all light up + Beeping
2) 2 LEDs (only the power and shutter button lit and blink alternatively) + No beeping
3) nothing happen after you press the power button.

My case is number 2. Once i power on xiaoyi, I have only 2 LEDs (only the power and shutter button lit and blink alternatively) + No beeping.

I have tried almost all the methods mentioned here and concluded that basically
a) xiaoyi cam cannot detect my microSD card. (Have swap a few different card to affirm)
b) my lap top/PC cannot detect xiaoyi cam (with or within microSD card slotted into the xiaoyi).

Aside to Andy_s,
I suspect my xiaoyi OS cannot detect the microSD card. Is there a way that we can flash the base firmware directly to the xiaoyi? Please advise. Thanks

You should'ev use my mirror site :) (get a file from that site now and follow ALL steps to do so!)

Then try these steps https://dashcamtalk.com/xiaomi-yi/#Bricked_after_updating_firmware

Hi Andy,

I have tried the mentioned method a few days ago i.e. put the yifirmware.bin and autoexec.ash file in the root folder of my microSD card and leave it running for more than an hour. There is no file generated in the microSD card i.e. no progress.txt file.

I have formatted the microSD card and also swapped it with a few (FAT32 16G) etc but to no vail.

Hence, I conclude it is because the xiaoyi cam cannot detect the microSD card and that is why it cannot run the autoexec.ash file.

Is there a way we can flash the Linux OS within the xiaoyi?

Last edited by a moderator:
there IS a linux inside :)

There is sadly no other way to flash ATM. it probably does have ISP port, but that is uncertain.

there IS a linux inside :)

There is sadly no other way to flash ATM. it probably does have ISP port, but that is uncertain.

Opps..i have mis read it else where...

My head is spinning after reading all the threads from all over the places the past few days...

As i m replying you, I wanted to give a last try and i just noticed there are something written in my microSD
================
28/06/2015 04:06 PM <DIR> .
28/06/2015 04:06 PM <DIR> ..
26/06/2015 01:40 AM 137 autoexec.ash
26/06/2015 01:42 AM <DIR> DCIM
02/01/2008 10:17 PM 47 dcim.txt
28/06/2015 04:06 PM <DIR> MISC
02/01/2008 10:17 PM 3,072 nvd_0.bin
02/01/2008 10:17 PM 139,520 nvd_1.bin
02/01/2008 10:17 PM 4 progress.txt
02/01/2008 10:17 PM 0 root.txt
02/01/2008 10:17 PM 25 start.txt
24/03/2015 08:43 PM 56,643,584 yifirmware.bin

Maybe there is hope that my xiaoyi can be unbrick. This is the first time after trying so many methods that it can write something to the microSD card.
(1) there is MISC folder created.
(2) there are nvd_0.bin, nvd_1.bin,progress.txt and start.txt files created.

Within the Progress.txt have only one entry
========
[4l

Within the start.txt have only one entry
=======
Wed Jan 02 22:17:33 2008

vd_0.bin, nvd_1.bin are bin files, i cannot see much using editplus editor.

Can you advise what I should do from here?
Will backup everything from my microSD card and retry again.

did you copypaste the autoexec.bat file or did you copypaste the contents of the file into editor?

Download the version of the firmware that matches your Yi serial number and then try renaming that to yifirmware.bin and rebooting your camera - that yifirmware.bin is for the Z221 cameras.

reverend: how can you tell when you see only file size? In one given release both firmware version sizes are the same. Only way to know which firmware he has is MD5.

When I put that script together the Z221 was the only firmware out at that point mate - the timestamp is from March.

Half of me wonders if the people who couldn't recover their cameras were trying to use the Z221 version maybe - I know you said a few versions are compatible but the L versions are different so maybe they would recover if they have the correct latest firmware file?

I have downloaded
a) the autoexec script file from https://dashcamtalk.com/xiaomi-yi/#Bricked_after_updating_firmware
it says
========
date > d:\start.txt
cd d:\
ls > root.txt
ls d:\dcim > dcim.txt
firmfl prog yifirmware.bin > d:\progress.txt
date > d:\end.txt

poweroff

This is the one Reverend has provided for debugging purpose.

b) the v1.0 firmware file from https://dashcamtalk.com/xiaomi-yi/#Bricked_after_updating_firmware

I guess Reverend knew which version of the yifirmware i am using from the filesize?

Aside to Reverend,
Noted. I will pause my xiaoyi now and try the version 1.20 firmware that matches my Yi serial number and try again.
will keep all posted.

Back