XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

Trying to use in model 22l, using Fried firmware, did extract all the files on SDcard root but when I tried to turn on the camera nothing happens.
No red light near shutter button, when I get the scripts from booter_d and rename it to autoexec in the root it works fine...

What could it be?

Thanks!!!

I have the same problem with VSW. I am using Fried firmware and no red light near shutter button.

Hello, yeah sorry about that. Just fixed the bug. Forgot to place one symbol in the script, which made the script not working. Just updated it, and it's now working again with the latest version: 2.0.2.
Simply download it.

Is there a way to be sure the autoexec file is loaded? I will just rename the script since I cant load it pressing shutter+Power button.
Yes, there is, when you hear after 10seconds (maybe more/less) a long beep, and see the power-led flashing for x-amount of times, this means the script has been loaded succesful.

Reactions: vsw
Thank you! Now it is working...
I don't know if it is me doing something wrong or something that can be modified, I removed the RAW option from the scripts and added a Custom Script on the 7th option for Underwater scene + superview... My problem is... When selecting the option after the red led is ok I could not select over the 5th option.

The power led starts to flash right after the 4th or 5th press on the power button and reboots itself... Tried to do it pressing a little faster but the wifi led does not blinks confirming it and after the boot it really just count the times the blue led was on, not the times I pressed in between blinks...

Is it me or is there a way to... or register the press of the power button quicker or leave more time to go over the 7/8th press of the button?

Thanks for the effort, really save time and you made it very simple, great job!!!

Thank you! Now it is working...
I don't know if it is me doing something wrong or something that can be modified, I removed the RAW option from the scripts and added a Custom Script on the 7th option for Underwater scene + superview... My problem is... When selecting the option after the red led is ok I could not select over the 5th option.

The power led starts to flash right after the 4th or 5th press on the power button and reboots itself... Tried to do it pressing a little faster but the wifi led does not blinks confirming it and after the boot it really just count the times the blue led was on, not the times I pressed in between blinks...

Is it me or is there a way to... or register the press of the power button quicker or leave more time to go over the 7/8th press of the button?

Thanks for the effort, really save time and you made it very simple, great job!!!

Just tried to reach custom script 8, and had no issues...

Also make sure, your script is between these two lines:
Code:
###############################################
#        YOUR SCRIPT BELOW THIS LINE              #

# My script
# Change ISO, ...

#        YOUR SCRIPT OVER THIS LINE              #

And did you watch my tutorial video on how to use it?
Don't worry by pushing really fast, it will register.

Reactions: vsw
Nevermind... Its all about timing, got it!!!

I don´t know how to program, but I am very curious on how things work... unfortunatelly there is no tutorials (at least i could not find it) with a list of commands for each action and what it does, modify duration of the beep, leds and everything else... i know... I'm asking too much!!! But it would be great to have such a thing for rookies like me start doing something :D

Right now I am playing with your scripts, trying to make it quicker to start/load, change long beep to short beep (could not figure out how to do it), modify blinking time of the leds... because It takes seconds to lose or catch a great moment... But it will take a little time because most of the things I am learning by trial and error.

Thanks again;)

How to disable RAW+JPEG when taking photos?
You have to modify the script file on folder SCRIPTS/booter_d, I use a C++ program to open this file, just look for the 2 lines for RAW+JPG and delete or put "#" before this 2 lines.

Before more people will ask about it, i made a short video, explaining how the scripts works and how/what to edit:
Won't be answering on future questions on how to edit/change scripts!

Hi guys! I have Xiaomi YI YDXJ_22 version and 1.2.13 firmware (stock). I launch this script, it reloads camera, camera blinks necessary number of times (like it must blink), and shoot in right mode (like it must shot). But it give only 10 mb/s not 35 mb/s =(.
What I do wrong, answer me, please!

What resolution are you shooting in?

Hi guys! I have Xiaomi YI YDXJ_22 version and 1.2.13 firmware (stock). I launch this script, it reloads camera, camera blinks necessary number of times (like it must blink), and shoot in right mode (like it must shot). But it give only 10 mb/s not 35 mb/s =(.
What I do wrong, answer me, please!
Must use Fried custom firmware.

It's sad =(... I'm afraid this Fried custom firmware can swap on stock firmware when camera decide to update. Or not?..
And say me, please, can I set bitrate on "normal" and "poor" quality settings?

Why did you want 35mbit using poor and normaly as quality?

No, no, I need 15 and 20 mb/s, for example.

Look at frieds post. He shared a tutorial video on how to modify scripts so you can use 20mbits instead of 35.

UPDATE:
Added github: https://github.com/Tanckom/Xiaomi-Yi

And please let me know how i could improve XIMODE

Last edited:
Ok, thank you very much. The last question: do you think Yitune mode really useful on prostitution... liposuction... sorry for my Swype keyboard - on postproduction.
There is different opinions about this mode on 4pda.

It really depends on what you understand for postproduction.

Want to make real movies/videos that have a movie effect? Of course it does, because all other camera user recommends to use flat settings while filming movies.

If you wont use any color corrections/ filter settings but only connect several clips and mess a little bit around, than no! Because Yitune is only made for corrections, if this is not done, then Yitune is not needed.

Totally sad after discovered that without the script 2.02 (I've removed the bitrate section from the script to avoid the 35mbit) and stock firmware the cam is not splitting my videos. I don't know what happens as it split in files of 300mb and the second file is bigger than it like 1.7gb... The problem is that part of the video is being lost, thank you tanckom by the previous support

Totally sad after discovered that without the script 2.02 (I've removed the bitrate section from the script to avoid the 35mbit) and stock firmware the cam is not splitting my videos. I don't know what happens as it split in files of 300mb and the second file is bigger than it like 1.7gb... The problem is that part of the video is being lost, thank you tanckom by the previous support
Have the same problem but I didn't remove anything in the script

Back