XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

Can you explain how this one works and what it does? (English not my first language).
I kinda have issues to understand the purpose of this tool :p

So it enables the ability to switch wifi from

# ap: SoftAP mode
# sta: Station mode
# p2p: Enable Wifi Direct Support for peer-to-peer

This enables me to connect to multiple cameras in station mode and telnet to them at the same time.
But sometimes I want to swap into default ap mode.

Why multiple cameras :) 360 VR xiaomi Rig.
I'll be adding telnet capabilities to my app so people can push the same command across to multiple cameras at the same time so they don't have to go through 1 by 1.

And what is the needed code which needs to be inside autoexec.ash on root? :)

Totally sad after discovered that without the script 2.02 (I've removed the bitrate section from the script to avoid the 35mbit) and stock firmware the cam is not splitting my videos. I don't know what happens as it split in files of 300mb and the second file is bigger than it like 1.7gb... The problem is that part of the video is being lost, thank you tanckom by the previous support

having the same issue.

videos splitting and loosing videos as well. didnt modify anything, just used auto mode.

Any way to fix it?

also i would like to know the way to remove ximod? is it by deleting the files from sdcard?

having the same issue.

videos splitting and loosing videos as well. didnt modify anything, just used auto mode.

Any way to fix it?

also i would like to know the way to remove ximod? is it by deleting the files from sdcard?

Sorry to hear that... Yes, you just need to remove the files from the sd card.. let only the dcim folder and misc if I'm not wrong.. Or just copy your files and format the sdcard

Sorry to hear that... Yes, you just need to remove the files from the sd card.. let only the dcim folder and misc if I'm not wrong.. Or just copy your files and format the sdcard

Dont be sorry :)
I am glad you made this scripts.
by the way why is it splitting? is there anything i should try to resolve this issue?

for now i have deleted the script and formatted the sdcard.

Would love to use the script again :)

Working on 2.1.0. with updated scripts and with an Installer/Uninstaller.

VERSION 2.1.0 has been released:

Update log:
2.1.0 - Improved Yitune, Normal, Auto and night scripts. Removed still RAW command from Auto mode. Created an installation for XIMODE where all files are placed on Xiaomi Yi (100% correct ways - yes i got asked on how to install XIMODE...) (Only for Windows user)
Moved the whole project to my website. By this download will always be ensured.

Last edited:
Note to the person from Turkey who used my mail and used name: "****er Yi"
You've been blacklisted and next time going to post your IP (195.142...) here publicly.
Not cool..

Download for windows not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course this is not working, because I dont know what you've done with the file but it's made for direct downloading

Hi Guys,

I went through the posts and I have two questions:
1. Can I use Ximode with original firmware 1.2.13 ?
2. Can I still use original camera mode, meaning by starting camera normally (just power button) and avoiding Ximode?

Thanks for advice

Hello,
1. Yes, no problem
2. Yes, if you really whish to start your camera without any modification, simply do all steps, which you do to load a script, and instead of pressing one, two, three,.... times, dont press it anytime. By pressing ZERO times, Ximode will load back into default mode. Want to switch back to modified mode? Use the normal way.
So:
0- defaulz
1-auto
2-normal
3-night
4-Yitune
5-SupYiView
6-Nightlapse

Hello,
1. Yes, no problem
2. Yes, if you really whish to start your camera without any modification, simply do all steps, which you do to load a script, and instead of pressing one, two, three,.... times, dont press it anytime. By pressing ZERO times, Ximode will load back into default mode. Want to switch back to modified mode? Use the normal way.
So:
0- defaulz
1-auto
2-normal
3-night
4-Yitune
5-SupYiView
6-Nightlapse

Thanks a lot!
The reason why I'm asking is that I'm using xiaomi on road bike in timelapse mode. The issue I have is that I don't like jpg quality so I made my own script to loop RAW only without jpg. All works fine, but to come back to normal usage (ex for video shooting or burst mode) I always had to delete autoexec first which was annoying

Now, with your script I can either add my custom RAW timelapse script or modify one of your existing scripts.

I only wish that the startup process would be easier in your solution... that would be briliant improvement!
Ex. start only with power button and add few seconds extra to have chance to enter the 'code' and if no code run with default settings. Would that be somehow possible?

Regards
Tomasz

Can I just confirm that if I select option 2 it will stay on option 2 even after battery has been taken out and SD Card has been removed to get photos on computer?

I have another question.
So I purchased the XIMODE. I managed to make it work without any issue. It's great, however I'm a bit disapointed regarding RAW timelapse configuration.

Basically those RAWs are not useful as they are having 13MB only and you can't convert them using raw2dng program. When I try to do that, raw2dng says that the file is corrupted.
I guess this comes form the fact that there is no true loop in the ash script but you just enabled the RAW+JPG option using:
t app test debug_dump 14
and then if I start the timelapse via Yi application, it runs timelapse, takes jpgs and raws but those raws are corrupted (13MB)

From my experience, the true RAW timelapse must be done via ash script.
Something like that:

#RAW loop
while true
do
#cleanup
#rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*.jpg
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*.bin
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*.TXT
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*.Y
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*.UV
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*.BIN
sleep 1
#take raw
t cal -raw 2 1 0
sleep 10
done

and then it works... but it's not really stable. Sometimes camera is freezing, all leds are down except small red led next to shutter button.
The only way to unblock it is to remove the battery

Anybody any idea how to make a proper RAW timelapse with 31MB raw file(s)?

Thanks
Tomasz

Thanks a lot!
The reason why I'm asking is that I'm using xiaomi on road bike in timelapse mode. The issue I have is that I don't like jpg quality so I made my own script to loop RAW only without jpg. All works fine, but to come back to normal usage (ex for video shooting or burst mode) I always had to delete autoexec first which was annoying

Now, with your script I can either add my custom RAW timelapse script or modify one of your existing scripts.

I only wish that the startup process would be easier in your solution... that would be briliant improvement!
Ex. start only with power button and add few seconds extra to have chance to enter the 'code' and if no code run with default settings. Would that be somehow possible?

Regards
Tomasz

Hey, yeah its difficult, but if you handle it, its gonna be easy.
Hm.. in this case, you need to contact the developper of ash.booter. I didn't write that part of Ximode.

Back