Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

funnel: I wanted to ask probably stupid question, but when you put it in the autoexec (this T setting), is it permanent, ie are these changes kept after you remove .ash and reboot camera?

funnel: I wanted to ask probably stupid question, but when you put it in the autoexec (this T setting), is it permanent, ie are these changes kept after you remove .ash and reboot camera?

Maybe you can't... You need to edit the firmware internal settings directly.

Okay, then you need to keep these settings. Will they apply as long as you keep the .ash or are they executed only once at boot and then rewritten by FW defaults - in the other post is said that someone set t cal -jqual and it didn't propagate to normal shutter function...

Okay, then you need to keep these settings. Will they apply as long as you keep the .ash or are they executed only once at boot and then rewritten by FW defaults - in the other post is said that someone set t cal -jqual and it didn't propagate to normal shutter function...

Yes, it happened to me too. So the method from funnel is a better choice, to write some raw settings directly...

I don't know which commands store values permanently and which not. I didn't try any that stored something permanently, most of them don't.

and i can't try...

I don't know which commands store values permanently and which not. I didn't try any that stored something permanently, most of them don't.

Yeah, maybe the script only can edit the stuff in RAM or SD card, not in the internal ROM.

Hi! Thanks for that info, I wi ll try this changes hoping that get more sharpness by scalling to 1080p.

Since is getting a little bit hot, can you put the 2k with 25mb/s? probably will be cooler than at 35 mb/s.

- I notice that already has a post to decrease the bitrate , sorry :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi! I successfully edited the autoexec.ash to give me 1600x1200 @ 60fps, which is awesome. Thanks so much for this script!

However, I thought that I was also setting the bitrate to 35mbps, but it's coming out at 15mpbs (on an adequately fast SD card).

Here's my code:
#set bitrate to 35Mb/s
writew 0xC05C28A6 0x420C
#set video resolution to 1600x1200 60fps
writeb 0xC0697626 0x0C

I only changed the "writeb" line. Should I be altering the "writew" line as well?

Also, is there a table of codes for the bitrate somewhere? I see the resolution/framerate table, but I don't see a table for bitrates. Ideally I'd want to test out 40mbps 1600x1200 60fps for a while to see if the camera overheats... if it does, I'll just use 35mbps.

This is seriously such an incredibly useful script.

Thanks!!

For every video mode the bitrate value is in a different location.

For fw 1.0.12 should be
Code:
#1600x1200 bitrate 25Mbits
writew 0xC05C2A86 0x41C8

I didn't try it but the address should be the right one.

Funnel - THANK YOU. This is just awesome. I'm putting together a 360 camera, and 1600x1200 60fps at 35mbps is such an ideal setting for stitching these videos. Just awesome.

If anyone else is doing something similar, here's the autoexec.ash I'm using:

Attachments

• 1600x1200_60fps_35mbps_autoexec.zip
    394 bytes · Views: 45
could someone post the file for 1080 60, 35mbps for 1.1.0

so i can just copy it to my sd

Genius OP! I've forwarded to engineer of xiaoyi company, and yeah.... actually next firmware update will have a surprise about this ... so just wait, lol

Back