Yi hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 35Mbits

@gente My version is 23L with refocussed lense without IR filter. I order a lens for over two weeks in gearbest.com, I am going wait the receive before re-testing with your script, I'll talk to you after the installation of the new lens with IR filter.

thanks for your efforts, funnel!
If there is a way, I know you find it :)

@gente My version is 23L with refocussed lense without IR filter. I order a lens for over two weeks in gearbest.com, I am going wait the receive before re-testing with your script, I'll talk to you after the installation of the new lens with IR filter.
I think the issue may be the YIMAX-MOVIE script. I have a 22L with nonIR (factory) lens, but a custom script (attached)

Note that the line "t ia2 -awb off is disabled by the # in front of it
I believe that the YIMAX-MOVIE script is set up for a really flat look s that you can post process whereas the SJ4000 is setup for a good looking SooC (Straight Out Of Camera) look. My custom script can look a little dull inside, but it really tames down the contrast outside that tends to crush shadows. That said, I set my Yi up for a flatter image so that I can adjust it better when editing. This is how I am used to doing still photography, so I want the extra steps

You may need to try a script with just the noise reduction script. I have run just that and the SooC videos looked pretty good.

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    324 bytes · Views: 24
Hello,
Yi Xiaomi my camera records in 2k, I currently have firmware 1.2.12, but what's the problem, turn on the video recording 2k, nothing indicates that after completing the recording, eg. 5 minutes, the card I have two files, one very short, 10 seconds, 2k video 52778kb / s, and the other at a speed lower than the 32788kb / s.
What's the problem? I mean the one track in one turn on the camera, the camera is recording itself is divided into two files, with the start time takes about 10 seconds and is in great quality, and a further portion of the recording, unfortunately, has a lower data rate.
how to solve ??
Thanks for your help and greetings, I also seek firmware editing capabilities for greater extension of recording kb / s for 1080p and 2K, just the frames per second, 1080p - can 60fps? 2k - 30-50fps? It is to some auto exec file? Firmware 1.2.12 / 13?
I am waiting for your reply and I cordially greet, thanks for your help with the correct hack webcam.

how to solve ??

Try a faster card. I also have problem with 45 and 50mbit, only 40mbit is stable by me.
My cards are Sandisk Extreme 32GB and Kingston 32GB. Both are class10 and U1.
Are they slow for 50mbit = 6MB/sec??

you are so epic! thank you so much!

img_20151116_232934eeki4.jpg

Funnel:
any chance to record in medium fov, like with gopro?
I really like it, because of less distorsion, no props in the view, etc.
Somehow can you define the sensor readout area, the 2 corners?
thanks so much!

Funnel:
any chance to record in medium fov, like with gopro?
I really like it, because of less distorsion, no props in the view, etc.
Somehow can you define the sensor readout area, the 2 corners?
thanks so much!

You can try to add some digital zoom

Something like this:

sleep 9
t app dzoom jump 25

or change to a value that works best for you. Zoom possible values from 0-2000~

thanks, but this is better than digital zoom in post?
If not, it's useless. If yes: OMG!

I'm guessing here. It should be better then in postprocessing since it zooms before the encoding proccess.

hi @funnel, can you give me script for stretch 1280x960 60fps to 1920x1080 60fps?
Thanks a lot...and have you resolution adresses for setting "writel" codes by myself?

lg gente

Code:
#superview2
#for YI firmware 1.2.13
#stretch 1280x960 60fps to 1920x1080
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x16
writel 0xC05C2E44 0x04380780
#set bitrate 1280x960 60fps 35 Mbps
writew 0xC05C2272 0x420C

Code:
#superview2
#for YI firmware 1.2.13
#stretch 1280x960 60fps to 1920x1080
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x16
writel 0xC05C2E44 0x04380780
#set bitrate 1280x960 60fps 35 Mbps
writew 0xC05C2272 0x420C
Hey mate first time posting here so sorry for the newbie questions

Is this the best way to copy gopro's superview ? or is the .ash file in the superview.zip you posted afew pages ago that goes from 1600 better ?

Most importantly is this fine to use on non stock firmware ?

Hey mate first time posting here so sorry for the newbie questions

Is this the best way to copy gopro's superview ? or is the .ash file in the superview.zip you posted afew pages ago that goes from 1600 better ?

Most importantly is this fine to use on non stock firmware ?

I think the result will be the same with both scripts.

Yes on any firmware version 1.2.13

:) thanks & sorry last stupid question i hope

I normally have my cam set to 1080p60 but to use this script i just put it at root and change my modes to 960 via wifi then start recording ?

Edit: never mind question answered after turning it on haha

Last edited:
@Rotceh when the script has started you have resolution and bitrate you have written in autoexec.ash, it changed if setting another resolution.
When you later change by app you have new resolution, if you want become the resolution of script back you have to restart the xiaomi.
Never want that script set an # before the desired command in script and you will restart with resolution setting via app. Script setting is for supported resolutions and bitrates not selectable via app.
lg gente

Thanks again mate got my head around it alot more now so im sorted , makes me wounder why i even modded my firmware when this works so well haha , anyway i'll post up some footage when i get a chance it sure is wider though :p

Back