YiMAX-PRO script.

The script is great but the beep sound is to low for me. I dont know when the cam is ready ;)
Is there any option to increse the volume of the beep?

Add '#' in the beginning of this line:
t pwm 1 set_level 10

WOW really nice work!
This script seems to really pull those highlight and shadow detail from the sensor and make it fit into a low(presumably) bitrate.
also, could you tell me a code for changing the video mode to 1080p 24fps 35Mbps?
P.S.
I really wish the newer YI 4K had a LOG picture style for a professional grading.

Last edited:
So, I made this longer Stock vs YiMAX-PRO comparison video a week or so ago, but I can finally post it in here now.

I tried to get as many different lighting situations as I could in this so folks could see side by side against a stock camera. So, there's sun flaring into the lens, backlit subjects, subjects in full sun, shadow, and contrasty scenes with light and shadow. The "corrected" bit was done in Premiere Pro, using a Luma curve for contrast and a Fast Color Corrector for the colour. It's 4K (two 1080p videos side-by-side), so make sure to watch it at full rez.

I've modified Nutsey's basic script slightly to give me 1080p24 @ 50mbps CBR, but other than that I think it's pretty much the same.

Nice work! However I would suggest you convert the bitrate of your videos on your PC before uploading them to YT. Since this allows you to choose conversion rate/type for better results.

Nice work! However I would suggest you convert the bitrate of your videos on your PC before uploading them to YT. Since this allows you to choose conversion rate/type for better results.
Yeah, it was rendered out from Premiere Pro as a 30mbps 4K file. :)

My 1080p renders for YouTube I render out at 12mbps.

Hi doing some tests with your script but for 360 video. This is what I have for 4:3 1600x1200

#Set 1296p30 video mode, ABR, 40Mbps, .75 - 1.25 bitrate range:
# Set Video Resolution 1600x1200 60/50P 4:3
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x0C
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x4220
writel 0xC05C1EB4 0x3f400000
writel 0xC05C1EB8 0x3fa00000

I know I need to change the writew and writel part so that I can get a proper bitrate. Aiming for 25mbps but currently getting 10-15

Anyone used this successfully for 360 video?

slept on it and figured it out this morning before I went hiking with my family. Footage looks incredible. Not sure when I'll have time to really work on stitching it. I'll try and post a sample later if anyone's curious how good this script makes the Yi footage look. Thanks nutsey.

Seems like I have the focus problem which sucks because I started to try and adjust them the other night and it's going to be a PITA for 6 cameras.

No more 'watercolor' look. The real 'flat' picture. Optimized bitrate settings.

This script provides video footage applicable for post-production needs.

Hi Nutsey any script for firmware 1.3. I have Xiaomi yi with 1.3 firmaware...and the script of 1.2.13 firmware doesnt work on camera... can you help with me with some kind of solution

@Kaouthia

Can you share your 1080p24 @ 50mbps CBR Script?

Sure

writeb 0xC06CC426 0x21 #set 1080p24 as default
writew 0xC05C2482 0x4248 #set 50mbps bitrate for 1080p24
writew 0xC03A8520 0x2004 #set 4gb file size

Is there a YiMAX-PRO type of script for photo mode? I would like to remove water coloring effect on photos also.

Is there a YiMAX-PRO type of script for photo mode? I would like to remove water coloring effect on photos also.

There is no better way to get rid of watercolor look for photos other than shooting in RAW.

There is no better way to get rid of watercolor look for photos other than shooting in RAW.
Agreed. The file size is huge though. Wondering if there is some way to make jpegs better also.

I am grabbing the files using Wi-Fi, so file size is an issue for me. I read through all the forum topics, seems like there may not be an easy way to improve jpeg's because of the 10:1 compression. If you have any tips let me know, seems like you have played with the settings quite a bit. Specifically I am wondering which of the YMAX-PRO settings would have any impact.

I plan to test the various settings. If things work, I will post the autoexex.sh file here.

slept on it and figured it out this morning before I went hiking with my family. Footage looks incredible. Not sure when I'll have time to really work on stitching it. I'll try and post a sample later if anyone's curious how good this script makes the Yi footage look. Thanks nutsey.

Seems like I have the focus problem which sucks because I started to try and adjust them the other night and it's going to be a PITA for 6 cameras.

What did you end up with for writew and writel?

Back