[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Thats very generous from you. :)

When I translated into my language I didn't used special characters because not recognized in camera menu.
Code:
ĂăÎîȘșȚțÂâ
And I kept english as first language. Even using that characters firmware upgrading was OK.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yeah not all possible characters are included in fonts.bin

And yes, if in the firmware does not change the language, but only the bit rate, everything works.

Reporting :). Today I tried to reassemble the firmware using that string.bin. Did everything according to instructions. Got a brick.
The firmware here: https://yadi.sk/d/cql1M-VEczt7N
Thanks for the firmware. I'll try to find the problem.
What I can already say after opening strings.bin with a hexeditor: The header of the file looks ****ed up. Probably the whole file is corrupted... Not sure how this can happen..

EDIT: The header exists but the first 896 bytes are junk?!
Edit2: Ok I found the problem: The whole RFS setion is corrupted, the offsets and/or lenths are wrong. No idea how this can happen, yet.

Last edited:
I tried to change the firmware with stable version (0.7.5). The result was the same.

I need some more information from you. But Im very busy right now.. Will tell you what I need ASAP.

AFT 1.0 almost finished :)
Still need to migrate Bitrate editor + add Fonts.bin exporter + bitmaps.bin exporter.
Some new features are better error/exception handling, A2/A5/A7 support, the application remembers the last used file so you dont have to browse through your folders when you restart it, AE table editor, rewritten strings.bin editor...

With bitmaps do not rush.
I have a few ideas emerged.
I need a couple of days to check.
The results sent to email.

With bitmaps do not rush.
I have a few ideas emerged.
I need a couple of days to check.
The results sent to email.
Im going to release it without bitmaps and font editor. Ill add those features later.

Thanks for your help and R&D regarding these files :)

No, I have an idea ...
I later you send a message.

Good luck.
z768.

The time has come to have a look at the G90 issue...
dsc0856wo2i5ar8bt.jpg

@reverend :) Thanks!!!

Blimey I only posted that on Thursday afternoon!! Hope it all works anyway mate and enjoy :)

I tried to change the firmware with stable version (0.7.5). The result was the same.
Ok, I see the problem. I tried to change some russian parts of strings.bin and it results in a corrupted RFS + bricked G90. I already have an idea whats causing this..
Edit: It doesn't even has something to do with strings.bin
Edit2: Problem found: Offset calculation goes nuts with G90 firmware ._.
Edit3: It's not the offset calculation algorithm that is causing trouble. It's a value that is not that static as I thought....
stat9z8vrcg623.png

For G90 the start address is 0x00004600

Edit: Not a static value, filedata payload seems to start after fileheader payload.

Last edited:
This is the correct way to calculate the payload offset address:
Code:
    private int getPadding(int size, int align) {
        return (align - (size % align));
    }

int startoffset = headersize + getPadding(headersize, 0x800)

Hehehe
dsc0859hewaz4ysf3.jpg

Last edited:
Спасибо Tobi@S. ATF10 по переименованию меню в прошивке от SS7810G(PRO) V2.0 сработала отлично.Еще раз Огромное СПАСИБО.

Still working on AFT, again something more important than the announced features caught my interest:
A new A7 based camera gets very GoPro like: It has wifi support and includes a small linux kernel.
There are also 2 other partitions - for one I'm not sure about its use, the other one is a ubifs for the linux kernel.

aftrglq1whysd.png

Linux basically means open-source. So I'm wondering where they are publishing the source of the kernel to meet the linux' license agreement. :'D

Last edited:
Back