A118C Novatek 96650 Capacitor Battery Dash Cam@Gearbest

Tried to order one just now but am getting: "The code you entered has expired."

On Foxoffer page, it says this dashcam has a 8 sec delay boot up.
Can gearbest confirm this please?

On Foxoffer page, it says this dashcam has a 8 sec delay boot up.
Can gearbest confirm this please?
I've read that elsewhere, too. and I think the G1W-C has the same delay. they want to make sure teh caps are fully charged before they begin recording so that if something happens in that first minute or so, it will have enough juice to properly save the file without corrupting it.

My CF-100 (also uses supercaps) has about a 15 second boot time. for comparison, my battery-based A118 boots in about 2-3 seconds, and my old F70 takes about 3-4 seconds, so 8 seconds shouldn't be too bad. most of the time i'm still fiddling with plugging my phone into teh charger, setting the AC/heat or buckling my seat belt while the cam boots up, so it's not that big a problem.

I've read that elsewhere, too. and I think the G1W-C has the same delay. they want to make sure teh caps are fully charged before they begin recording so that if something happens in that first minute or so, it will have enough juice to properly save the file without corrupting it.

My CF-100 (also uses supercaps) has about a 15 second boot time. for comparison, my battery-based A118 boots in about 2-3 seconds, and my old F70 takes about 3-4 seconds, so 8 seconds shouldn't be too bad. most of the time i'm still fiddling with plugging my phone into teh charger, setting the AC/heat or buckling my seat belt while the cam boots up, so it's not that big a problem.

I have G1W-C and it doesn't take 8 secs to boot up or at least I don't feel it takes 8 sec to boot up.
I'll try looking at it more carefully later tonight.

It's not for that reason, it can still boot as fast as the battery version, it's just a timer delay on the startup process, some vehicles need this as they cut power when cranking, I've been working on the capacitor version for about 8 months now and had this delay added to overcome this issue

Even though my version is different hardware spec I did all the debug on this generic version also

Tried to order one just now but am getting: "The code you entered has expired."
I am so sorry that the manufacture informed us that this dashcam is a price-limited product, we can't offer a price lower than the price on our web now :(

It's not for that reason, it can still boot as fast as the battery version, it's just a timer delay on the startup process, some vehicles need this as they cut power when cranking, I've been working on the capacitor version for about 8 months now and had this delay added to overcome this issue

Even though my version is different hardware spec I did all the debug on this generic version also

Now that you mention it, this is true. Arial
On the G1W-C, when I turn on accessory mode, the dashcam comes on and when I crank the engine, it cuts off the 12V power momentarily and causes the dashcam to sometimes(depending on how much juice remains in the capacitor) to shutdown and reboot again. However, this is so abrupt that the file that it records never completely finish writing to the memory card. So the first file doesn't always open correctly for viewing...

This is much more clear now, thanks!

Back