GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

can't see it in your video

Sorry for double post, here's a further test video with image sharpness set to highest (in other test videos all settings are default). For me the dead pixels are really obvious and quite a problem!

www.urbanski.org.uk/test4.MP4

These videos aren't re-encoded - they are a direct upload of the .mp4 file onto my ftp server... hang on and I'll do some screenshots

caught a bit of it there, probably can't see it due to encoding on that website

a full frame screenshot (still picture) is easier to see

See attached snapshot (I've circled some of the marks for ease) - The most annoying one (and the one which is most clearly visible on default settings) is the topmost one. If these are dead pixels then I guess that the device is faulty and there's not a lot that I can do to fix it?

vlcsnap-2015-12-29-01h58m13s149.png

all cameras have this but there is a calibration program which masks them so you can't see it, may be something you can redo yourself but you'd have to check with GitUp if they have this functionality enabled or not, sometimes it's in the firmware, other times it's something you need a special file to boot into service mode

Gitup - can you please help with my above messages? I have dead pixels on my new Git2 which I bought from Gearbest. Is this normal and is there any calibration tool that I can use to hide these dead pixels?

Gitup - can you please help with my above messages? I have dead pixels on my new Git2 which I bought from Gearbest. Is this normal and is there any calibration tool that I can use to hide these dead pixels?
I checked the image you post, is not so obvious.
That solution is exist in Git1, but it can not fix all of dead pixels.
On Git2, we are looking for if there is any software solution.

I checked the image you post, is not so obvious.
That solution is exist in Git1, but it can not fix all of dead pixels.
On Git2, we are looking for if there is any software solution.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing about your solution!

Finally got Git2 and now can compare Git1 and Git2. Git1 at left, Git2 at right, I`m sorry I forgot make a hint text on grabbed frames.
Git1-1.png Git2-1.png
Git1-2.png Git2-2.png
Git1-3.png Git2-3.png
While I drive car I did not see much differences (except little blurred picture for Git2(-), more FOW for Git2 than Git1(+), another lens flare effect(?)). But let see at next images: Git1 have better sensitivity in low light conditions.
Git1-4.png Git2-4.png
Git1-5.png Git2-5.png
It`s just my first impression and I continue test both cams.

Git1 settings:
1080p 30fps, FOV=Wide, WDR=on, EV=0, White Balance=Auto

Git2 settings:
1080p 30fps, FOV=Wide, WDR=off, EV=0, White Balance=Auto, ISO=Auto, Color=Normal, GyroStab=Off, Sharpness=Normal, Metering=Average

Last edited:
Finally got Git2 and now can compare Git1 and Git2. Git1 at left, Git2 at right, I`m sorry I forgot make a hint text on grabbed frames.
If mainly using as dash cam, Git1 is a good choice.
Nice comparison, you can use the custom text feature for video watermark for each camera, so we can know the video frame from which camera.
I hope it will not fight each other, they are brothers.

Yes, I knew it, Bill. But I prefer not cover road picture insufficient text messages. (Now I have Git frame mount and can set camera to front window as it should be).
Of course that`s not a war between both cams, it`a just comparison mostly for another users than for me. Git2 is not replacement for Git1 - it`s another good camera.

Awesome pictures! Thanks!

While I drive car I did not see much differences (except little blurred picture for Git2(-), more FOW for Git2 than Git1(+), another lens flare effect(?)). But let see at next images: Git1 have better sensitivity in low light conditions.
The sensor in the Git1 is more sensitive since the pixels are about 8x the size (2MP v 16MP in about the same space), the extra sensitivity means that it can use shorter exposure times and so has less motion blur, both day and night. For dashcam use the Git1 is very good, the Git2 still does a good job but it will always show more motion blur.

I'm not sure why you have so much lens flare with the Git1, but if you get all the glass surfaces completely clean then it should disappear. The Git1 can have almost no flare with a clean lens and no glass in the way.

See attached snapshot (I've circled some of the marks for ease) - The most annoying one (and the one which is most clearly visible on default settings) is the topmost one. If these are dead pixels then I guess that the device is faulty and there's not a lot that I can do to fix it?
Those are not dead pixels, just warm pixels. They will only light up when the sensor is set to a high ISO value due to dark conditions. You can fix it by giving the sensor a reasonable amount of light, or setting the ISO value to a low value instead of auto, both solutions should completely remove the warm pixels. All the Sony sensors have some warm pixels, as do all other digital image sensors. They do tend to be more obvious in the smaller sensors, looking at your dark image I don't think yours is far from normal.

Took a leap and purchased the GIT2 from Gearbest. didnt have good customer service experience (still trying to solve my issue) but the camera was on sale. what swayed me to get the GITUP over the SJ5000X Elite was the sound quality. that was the only thing. shows that the smallest of details matter. Thanks!

Took a leap and purchased the GIT2 from Gearbest. didnt have good customer service experience (still trying to solve my issue) but the camera was on sale. what swayed me to get the GITUP over the SJ5000X Elite was the sound quality. that was the only thing. shows that the smallest of details matter. Thanks!
Thanks for choosing the Git2 thought just because of the audio quality.
To improve the audio quality, we didn't rush to the market, we redesigned the PCB board as the new MIC is totally different, so we can not simply replace the old one.

I am interested in the Git2 but I am worried about dead pixels. I wonder if I should hold out until a new batch is produced?

How difficult will it be to change the lens?

Does the Git1 have Gyro?

If I format my 32GB memory card to exFAT will that prevent the camera from splitting the longer videos into smaller files?

No that will not change the file size recorded.
Dont have a git camera myself but if they cant be set to record the "normal" 4 Gb / xx minutes files then you can use registrator viewer to bunch the smaller filet together ( registrator virwer will do that on its own based on time/date stamps on files ) and allso remove any overlap there might be between the individual file segments recorded with a Git camera.

For instance with a SG9665GC dashcam you will need to remove the 1000ms overlap that dashcam have between segments, once set in registrator viewer it will be there for the next session.
The output at least in regard to the SG9665GC and registrator viewer is nice smoothe footage, with no transition between segments to be seen or heard.

OBS ! that is if the registrator viewer support the Git cameras ? but i think it will be fine.

Back