nanoQ 0903

did you re-focus the lens yet? it still looks out of focus.
No use of re-focus when lens base is the problem.
Heat makes it shift focus so it'll be OOF either way.

You can pickup a metal lens base on ebay (5pc) for like 4 dollars. would be better than a new plastic one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182058321646or here
http://www.m12lenses.com/M12-Lens-Holder-Metal-p/pt-lh003m.htm

please be noticed both the lens holder will not work.
the square area is too much hight seems to be 8mm but we need 4mm here (must be lower than 5mm, suggest lower than 4.5mm) and the square area should be 17*17mm to make sure the inside 15*15mm to contain the components inside.

No use of re-focus when lens base is the problem.
Heat makes it shift focus so it'll be OOF either way.

yes you need to update to the new lens holder

I don't think the pin is back to front Nigel, If you look the pins come out the camera in a V shape and when I have pushed the Mount on the camera it has flattened it. It is hard to photograph especially from a Mobile Phone camera.
The raised piece of plastic/moulding has caused the damage in my opinion from a bad moulding. If you also look at the GPS mount it is also raised piece of plastic around the screw.

looks like the small piece which hold the golden contacts are not pressed down enough to "flush"?
the the GPS push in, the plastic will "press" the V shape contacts down to the working position; when GPS pull out, the V shape contacts will slide along the plastic.
20160403115606.jpg

here is the struture section iamge for your inteference. (blue line is the working position)
20160403114413.jpg

Last edited:
Any tweaks to reduce the light dispersion?
Clean the lens and your windscreen. It looks like you have grease on the windscreen so use some detergent.

I'm using firmware posted by Raymond
16M bit rate version:
www.nanodashcamera.com/firmware/mar.29/mini0903-20160329-test16M.7z

Any tweaks to reduce the light dispersion?[/QUOTE]

@ Rayman, How's the new FW? Is there anyway to save the changes in the setting menu once you've made it. Because my nano always revert back to default everytime I start the car. If I have to make changes everytime I start the car, it will be such a nuance. TIA.

I'm using firmware posted by Raymond
16M bit rate version:
www.nanodashcamera.com/firmware/mar.29/mini0903-20160329-test16M.7z

Any tweaks to reduce the light dispersion?

@ Rayman, How's the new FW? Is there anyway to save the changes in the setting menu once you've made it. Because my nano always revert back to default everytime I start the car. If I have to make changes everytime I start the car, it will be such a nuance. TIA.

Which settings don't stick?

The HDR setting is not maintaining in setting. With the 3-21-16 FW the HDR icon is indicated at the bottom right corner. Everytime I turn the car off and come back later. The HDR indication is gone. I have to back to setting to reactivate it.

Yes, that is a known issue in 3/21 firmware. It works correctly in 3/29 version (not available officially) Rayman posted it here.

Alright, Tx Lacibaci. Have you updated to 3/29 yet?

My GPS signal is gone too. It worked day 1 and when I updated to 3/21 FW but now, it hasn't locked in on anything. Any ideas? TIA.

Last edited:
Alright, Tx Lacibaci. Have you updated to 3/29 yet?
Yes. I am running the 20M one. I have a 64MB card so I don't really care about increase in file size (which is about 500MB for 3min clip)
Rayman mentioned that there were some problems with wifi host in 20M version - but at the moment I don't care about it since it doesn't work with my phone anyway (Nexus 5x, Andriod 6.0.1)
If you use wifi host, get the 16M one.

I'm not using the wifi host. The WDR and GPS are my two concern. The night view is great with WDR. I hate having to go in and reset it everytime. I will update the latest FW when I get home today. Tx lacibaci.

Yes, same issue. I drove for 3 hr yesterday from 10pm to 11:30pm and 3 am to 4:30 am. No GPS signal(SAT) on screen what so ever. I haven't check the log yet. But the video footage show 0.0mph and no Long. or Lat. number on the video.

Yes, same issue. I drove for 3 hr yesterday from 10pm to 11:30pm and 3 am to 4:30 am. No GPS signal(SAT) on screen what so ever. I haven't check the log yet. But the video footage show 0.0mph and no Long. or Lat. number on the video.
Try plugging in an alternate power source and leave it on... See if it eventually locks.

I plug in either side on the mount, same results. I even tried the direct outlet in the house. No signal still. I will post results after i update 3/29 fw

Back