XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

1 .put this script in autoexec.ash
2. started cam
3. waited until it's loaded
4. pressed shutter button(shutter light started flashing)
That's it

1 .put this script in autoexec.ash
2. started cam
3. waited until it's loaded
4. pressed shutter button(shutter light started flashing)
That's it
Wrong wrong wrong.
Start camera and thats it. This script auto captures pictures right after booting
Don't intervene, so if you want to record a timelapse, boot and off you go.

Wrong wrong wrong.
Start camera and thats it. This script auto captures pictures right after booting
Don't intervene, so if you want to record a timelapse, boot and off you go.
Oh okay :) Im kinda noob (got the camera few days ago). But thanks anyways

Hey Tanckom, how are you doing? Hope everything is okay.. So, did you know if the split files randomly has stopped?

Thanks

Hey Tanckom, how are you doing? Hope everything is okay.. So, did you know if the split files randomly has stopped?

Thanks
Hey thanks, good, wbu?
Yes it is.
No, not yet. Might be related to some different SN models? I talked with Fried about it and it seems he doesnt have any issues with it.

Somehow my xiaomi yi cant use ximode 2.1. When i start it hodling shutter button and then press power button to select scritps nothing happens (no wifi light indicator). Worked perfectly on v1

Somehow my xiaomi yi cant use ximode 2.1. When i start it hodling shutter button and then press power button to select scritps nothing happens (no wifi light indicator). Worked perfectly on v1

Can you ZIP all files which are currently on your SD and upload them and send them?
(DONT ZIP DCIM AND MISC!)

here you go

Attachments

• ximode.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 10
Of course its not working because the folders are missing....

but thats what i got using the installation file :) could u give me the zip?

but thats what i got using the installation file :) could u give me the zip?

Oh thanks for the headsup! Forgot to add the command line to integrate all folders ^^

Redownload Ximode now, it should work now ;)

I haven't had a chance to go through the entire thread but was wondering if this hack allows to control the shutter, aperture, and WB separately? My main issue is that when I do timelapse on the camera that it is on auto exposure all the time and I don't get an accurate representation of the scene to one's eye.

When using with Telnet, its (half) possible

Hey, I just got my first Xiaomi Yi (23L) and installed Ximode and have a couple of questions:

1) The Readme says that I should use the custom firmware. Is this still necessary? It seems like I get 35mbps with the latest original firmware.
2) I booted the Yitune mode and did some testing in low-light (indoors). My footage has crazy amounts of noise. Is this normal for the Yi? Is it just high ISO? I've seen some footage on Youtube and it didn't seem nearly as bad as my footage. I've added a screenshot for reference.
3) Is there any way to set a fixed ISO and shutter speed/exposure in video mode?

Attachments

• yi-noise.jpg
    yi-noise.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 32
Hello,

I was able to get this to work, but am unable to get the app to stop switching to Chinese now. I added "test board config psn Z23L545AUS0838883" to various places (including above the booter) and all I have been able to accomplish is to stop XIMODE from working.

Do you happen to know how to make the SN to USA change work with XIMODE?

Thanks!

-EDIT- I was able to get it to switch to english ( I think ), but now the script change sequence does not work.

Attached is a dump of my folders...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y22m4qm4ryyckqo/dump.rar?dl=0

Last edited:
Hello,

I was able to get this to work, but am unable to get the app to stop switching to Chinese now. I added "test board config psn Z23L545AUS0838883" to various places (including above the booter) and all I have been able to accomplish is to stop XIMODE from working.

Do you happen to know how to make the SN to USA change work with XIMODE?

Thanks!

-EDIT- I was able to get it to switch to english ( I think ), but now the script change sequence does not work.

Attached is a dump of my folders...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y22m4qm4ryyckqo/dump.rar?dl=0

UPDATE 2.1.1.
There are now two downloadable versions of XIMODE available. One which changes the SN number to an American one, so you can use the app in English, and the other without the SN number changer.
>>> DOWNLOAD XIMODE 2.1.1 HERE <<<

Back