XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

Hi gents,

I've faced an issue with my Yi Black UK version (1.2.13) and AUTO mode scripts. Steps are the following:
  1. Turn on camera
  2. Wait until red status led is on
  3. Push the shutter button to start recording (1080p 60fps 35mbit)
  4. Start shooting a video for a minute or something
  5. Push shutter button to stop
  6. Turn off the camera
  7. Check your SD card - you'll find there two files with correct names, etc. Both of them are playable. BUT the first one is very short (just 2 seconds long), and the sound stutters and breaks. The second one is of a full length, although without the first 2 seconds + 2-3 more seconds gap, the sound is fine.
So, it looks like, filming is already started, but camera is kind of busy with some other tasks. Once camera (booting?) is ready, filming restarts.
The issue happens from time to time. Not sure when exactly. Perhaps, when the camera is overheated... or when I push a shutter button too earlier.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any ideas how to fix that?

Last edited:
Has anyone this experience?
Using filters changes the color and brightness.
Especial on the ND4 filter! Much more bluish.
(made no changes in the autoexec)

compare image.jpg

Hi gents,

I've faced an issue with my Yi Black UK version (1.2.13) and AUTO mode scripts. Steps are the following:
  1. Turn on camera
  2. Wait until red status led is on
  3. Push the shutter button to start recording (1080p 60fps 35mbit)
  4. Start shooting a video for a minute or something
  5. Push shutter button to stop
  6. Turn off the camera
  7. Check your SD card - you'll find there two files with correct names, etc. Both of them are playable. BUT the first one is very short (just 2 seconds long), and the sound stutters and breaks. The second one is of a full length, although without the first 2 seconds + 2-3 more seconds gap, the sound is fine.
So, it looks like, filming is already started, but camera is kind of busy with some other tasks. Once camera (booting?) is ready, filming restarts.
The issue happens from time to time. Not sure when exactly. Perhaps, when the camera is overheated... or when I push a shutter button too earlier.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any ideas how to fix that?

Some have, some have not. Unluckily this happens to me too from time to time. And I didnt had time yet to test out which part of the script does this.

Maybe if you got the time, take two or three scripts from XIMODE, and remove commands and test. If this error at a test doesnt occur, try the same removed command at the other scripts. Then you might have found the problem. Also let us know so i can update :)

Okay, but which mode is it? XIMODE contains several scripts/modes :p

Okay, but which mode is it? XIMODE contains several scripts/modes :p
Sorry, it's mode NORMAL (pressed two times the power button)
At this moment i have re-installed everthing (XIMODE, Yi app on my Samsung tablet and also ConnectBot, even the FW for my Yi 22L).
I will report back later when I have more information for you :)

Last edited:
Some have, some have not. Unluckily this happens to me too from time to time. And I didnt had time yet to test out which part of the script does this.

Maybe if you got the time, take two or three scripts from XIMODE, and remove commands and test. If this error at a test doesnt occur, try the same removed command at the other scripts. Then you might have found the problem. Also let us know so i can update :)
I have the same problem. Camera create more than one small file.

And again, those who have issues with file splitting. PLEASE HELP ME and remove each time a command from a script and test if the file splitting still exists.
When you found the command whos causing the issue, let us know.

And again, those who have issues with file splitting. PLEASE HELP ME and remove each time a command from a script and test if the file splitting still exists.
When you found the command whos causing the issue, let us know.

Hi, currently I'm not using XIMODE and my videos keep being splitted using the latest fw 1.2.13 (22L)
I think this problem was introduced by the use of higher bitrates on the stock firmware.

Yes, but theres somewhere the issue which needs to be found ;)

Back