Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

I can't imagine the logistics of trying to nail down issues like this. I do not have stability issues (other than microSD card errors on Sandisk media which I've resolved by switching to Lexar) even while running at the highest resolution. I suspect I've been fortunate not to have issues. As to the resolution and end quality, I can definitely tell a difference in the final video if it's running 2560 vs 1080 vs 720. Thanks for the feed back. I'll give this another go when I get a newer system in the future.

Just a thought... The 0806 will record at 2304x1296 (1296 that you referenced) and 2560 x 1080. Have you tried it on the 2560 on your system? I have not used 2304x1296. I prefer that wider view since hood and sky data is probably not as interesting as more left-to-right content.

Dashcam Viewer v2.1.6 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.1.6 was released today with the following new feature and bug fixes. Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.

New Features:
  • Added progress dialog when exporting movie fragment or merging movies. Previously no measure of progress was displayed. Merging of movies or exporting clips from two-channel camera can be very time-consuming.
Bug Fixes:
  • [Windows version] The graph and map will now update after clicking on the seek slider widget when the video is paused. Previously, the update would not occur until video playback was resumed.
  • Fixed bug that would prevent audio from being transferred when exporting a movie clip in some cases.
- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Dashcam Viewer v2.1.7 Released for Mac and Windows

Hi Dashcamers,

Some minor improvements based on feedback from users.

Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free version from our website.

New Features:
  • [Mac version] The graph and map will now update after clicking on the seek slider widget when the video is paused. Previously, the update would not occur until video playback was resumed.
  • Exported PNG captures are now saved to the Desktop using the following filename convention: movieName_lat,lon@movieTime.png. Thus the latitude and longitude of the vehicle is recorded in the filename of the PNG.
  • After registering, your name will appear under the Help menu as “Registered to: [Your Name]”
  • Added compatibility with nanoQ 0903 dashcam
Bug Fixes:
  • Improved GPS data parser for MINI 080x dashcams
Regards,
- John

It has been a while since I upgrade so I thought id give it a shot and see whats new and I have to say I'm impressed with the progress over the last few months. the thinkware F750 seems to be fully supported for single streams, GPS and sensor data appears intact. Would still like PIP for windows though ;)

ive also noticed that when dragging the picture around or zooming in and out it flickers a lot, some kinda refresh problem, or perhaps its local to me. would be nice to have pinch zoom as well.

something else you should consider is changing your development cycle to minor and major. Personally I don't think it is fair for you to have to develop new features indefinitely. If I were you, id consider drawing a line in the sand at some point and support the older version in terms of bug fixes and camera support and all new major feature additions to a newer major version. upgradable for a discounted price of course ;)

just a thought

keep up the good work

I actually have some experience at work with same type of release cycle and I find that a lot easier as developer and user. Less things to think about/remember and document. Maintaining separate versions is time consuming.

hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining :) just thinking of the reward for your efforts

New Features:
Is there ever a chance new features will include a full LAN WiFi feature? I am pretty sure that many folk that currently have WiFi cameras would appreciate being able to connect to their home PC LAN instead of having to rely entirely on the smart phone. Why would they not like to see the video on their monitors instead of the small dinky smartphone screen. Yes.. I know you can "move" the memory card.. but why... if you have WiFi.

That's outside the scope of the program, but it is something ive been going on about to thinkware since the first day I got one. It is stupid, and it costs them more money. All they have to do is enable a small web service that will allow the device to connect to ANY web enabled device with HTML5 capability. instead, as you say, we are stuck with having to use smartphones to get it to work, not only that but you must have an iPhone or an android device (which was never mentioned on purchase), ipad owners might have issues with some things, windows phone owners are just pure out of luck and Windows / Mac users are just as screwed albeit they have the means to use the PC program (which is crap) surely enabling a web service then creating a cross platform user interface would make much more sense then having bespoke apps.

When I got my device it didn't say, you need android to get this setup correctly. but I fear they just don't give a crap, they will just polish a turd and keep selling the same old stuff. I actually wonder if its because they get revenue from adverts on those apps....

It has been a while since I upgrade so I thought id give it a shot and see whats new and I have to say I'm impressed with the progress over the last few months. the thinkware F750 seems to be fully supported for single streams, GPS and sensor data appears intact. Would still like PIP for windows though ;)

ive also noticed that when dragging the picture around or zooming in and out it flickers a lot, some kinda refresh problem, or perhaps its local to me. would be nice to have pinch zoom as well.

something else you should consider is changing your development cycle to minor and major. Personally I don't think it is fair for you to have to develop new features indefinitely. If I were you, id consider drawing a line in the sand at some point and support the older version in terms of bug fixes and camera support and all new major feature additions to a newer major version. upgradable for a discounted price of course ;)

just a thought

keep up the good work

I actually have some experience at work with same type of release cycle and I find that a lot easier as developer and user. Less things to think about/remember and document. Maintaining separate versions is time consuming.
Thanks for the feedback, Dee. I have noticed a flicker on occasion too (Windows version only), but only if animation is paused. I've tried to chase it down but I think it's inherent in the video library I'm using.

Regarding spawning off a new version: as @kandrey89 said, the amount of trouble maintaining two versions is just not worth the trouble at this price point.

@Ralph2: Wifi support. I know this is your hot-button issue Ralph! ;) Yes, it is a good idea but not everyone has an access point near their car. Plus, there will be a performance hit copying files over WiFi. I'm not opposed to the idea in the future but for now it's a pretty simple workaround to just take the SD card to your computer.

Thanks for the comments!

Dashcam Viewer v2.1.8 Released for Mac and Windows

Here's the latest: The main feature of this version is support for the Techmoan-droolcam: the DDPai M6+
===============

Dashcam Viewer v2.1.8 was released today with the following new features. Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Download the free trial version from our website.

New Features:
  • Added support for the DDPai M6+ dashcam
  • [Mac version] Internal improvements to improve the efficiency of handling clicks in the movie scrub bar when animation is paused.
Regards,
- John

@Ralph2: Wifi support. I know this is your hot-button issue Ralph! ;) Yes, it is a good idea but not everyone has an access point near their car. Plus, there will be a performance hit copying files over WiFi. I'm not opposed to the idea in the future but for now it's a pretty simple workaround to just take the SD card to your computer.
Thanks for the comments!
Actually I would disagree with you on this point. Most cars get near "home" at some point everyday.. and most folk with a dash cam also have a computer.. and a WiFi/LAN. As to the performance hit.. if I can watch YouTube videos on my laptop...........
But.. thanks for remembering my "issue".. I live in hope someday..............:)

I'm brand new to all of this (just installed my dash cam yesterday), but I have a problem with Dashcam Viewer. I suspect it's ignorance on my part, but maybe somebody could point me in the right direction. I purchased Dashcam Viewer for Mac yesterday. I'm running El Capitan (IOS 10.11.6) on a 2013 Macbook Pro. The installed version of Dashcam Viewer is 2.1.8. My camera is a DDpai M6 Plus. I'm using a PNY 64 GB microSD card formatted in Fat32. I direct DV to the Video folder and click on the start button and DV says processing. A moment later the first video starts. I can hear the audio, but there's no video, and the speed says 0 mph. And I don't get any of the graphs or the map.

UPDATE: I can open the map, graph and dashboard windows on the Mac as well, but there seems to be no data.

I'm going to install it on Windows and see what happens there, but what am I missing on the Mac?

On Windows I can see the video and hear the audio. All the Windows open, but the map and speed are incorrect. For some reason my registration key is invalid on Windows.

Last edited:
Paul, that's strange. The person I worked with on the DDPai support had a Mac and it worked for him. Could you send me a sample video from the dashcam along with the corresponding .gpx file in the "103gps" directory? It could be that the GPS data wasn't recorded by the dashcam. You can send large files to me via https://wetransfer.com.

Also, the Mac registration code will not work on the Windows version and vice versa. They are separate purchases.

Paul, that's strange. The person I worked with on the DDPai support had a Mac and it worked for him. Could you send me a sample video from the dashcam along with the corresponding .gpx file in the "103gps" directory? It could be that the GPS data wasn't recorded by the dashcam. You can send large files to me via https://wetransfer.com.

Also, the Mac registration code will not work on the Windows version and vice versa. They are separate purchases.
Thanks. I'll send the files to you and let you know when it's done.

I'm experiencing the same problem on my retina MacBook Pro. Audio but no video I hope you can fix this soon

Thanks I'll try that later today. But obviously I'd rather be able to use the dash cam to its best advantage

Back