XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

Hello to all my friends all over the world, greetings from Mexico (sorry for my bad english) recently i bricked my Xiomi yi (Z22, without L) this because i try to updated it by OTA( by the app) and when it "finished" it turns off and then when i tried to turn it on just the red ring started to flash, then i looked for this guide to try to unbrick it (because i supposed it was bricked) and when i tried this guide all that get was nothing, the Xiaomi just stop working full, no 3 lights, no red ring, no beeping, nothing, so i tried and tried, for hours, really hours, and finally i came back to life my Xiomi yi and this is what i did:

first of all my Xiomi yi is the Z22 model. and my PC its an iMac with bootcamp using Windows 8.1 pro

i lefted his battery with the plastic cover closed, and insert a 2gb micro sd card empty, formated in fat32.

then i take out the cover of the front face (the power button) and do this procces:

1.- i downloaded the software from the first post (yes, the main article, the mega.co.nz, the zip)
2.- VERY IMPORTANT, SUPER IMPORTANT!! disable driver signature, this is done by searching in google how to do it( you need to restart your computer in advance mood and disable 'drivers signature(this is for windows 8.1 pro)) look it on google how to do this.
3.- all right, connect the xiaomi yi to your computer (with battery and the micro sd on it)
4.- open the zip, and extracted wherever you want, i reccomend in your desktop.
5.- execute 'setup.exe' and follow the instructions in chinese... yes it's intuictuive. (this is the Xioami yi main program)( you will notice that in the folder there is a 'guide.pptx' you can follow it, but here its more explained.)
6.- open the program that you installed in the step 5.
7.- all right, look for a 'Firmware Programing' button an click on it, it dosen't make anything.

8.-THIS IT'S THE DIFICULT PART, return to your xaiomi yi, and try to make the short-circuit described in other posts on in the 'guide.pptx' from the zip, yes i know it's very deficult, i tried for hours, but it really works.

i noticed if you touch the orange cable, the resistor, the Ground point, and then you press the power button the 3 lights will turn on, i don't kwow if this was only in my case. well try it, really, try it!! try to touch the the resistor from diferent angles, try to press hard the resistor with the ground and CHECK IF THE YELLOW CABLE IT'S CONECTED ABOVE THE LENS(IT'S "MEMBRANE" CABLE) so be carefull and check it, scrape the resistor from the metal part (the part that its showed in the 'guide.pptx') maybe the metal part has a non-conductor material and you need to scrape it a little... maybe this its the difficult part.

so 8.1: connect the xiaomi with battery and micro sd on it, short-circuit the two points with a clip or a metal, described in the 'guide.pptx' and press the power button.

if you do right this step, a pop up window will show that it recognize a new device.

9. open 'control panel' in the PC and click on 'device manager' there you will see an strange device, right click on it and select 'update driver' -> manual upadte and here you need to go where you installed the 'Xiaomi yi' program. because there is a driver folder. once you look for it, it will show that the driver was successfully installed.

10.- close the 'Xiaomi yi' program

11.- open again the program

12.- select 'Firmware Programing' button and click on it, press the 'choose' button and look in the unziped folder your right file.

13.- click 'connect' button and the 'Status' indicator will say 'OK' and the command line will say 'Found 1 YDXJ Device!'

14.- finally click on 'Download' and wait for it finish.

when it finished, it will say 'Done!' in the terminal/command line and wait for 5 minutes, don't touch the camera and the program, just wait.

the xaiomi will turn off, no beeping, no light. wait another 3 minutes.

turn on your xiaomi, it will start beeping, its normal and it will turn off again. i repeat its normal!!

once it turns off, turn it on again, and thats it, your xaiomi will came back yo life

Well that is all i wish that i helped you. any question i will try to respond. Good Luck :D
Can u help me with my problem?
I already post that

I think there is no solution for 3 red led. My Yi is dead, long life to my Yi!

still unable to solve this problem. damnnnn..

suspect xiaomi doing problem firmware -.-

still unable to solve this problem. damnnnn..

suspect xiaomi doing problem firmware -.-

I still can't unbrick my cam. I've tried it more than 20 times. The my cam will beep three times and then turn off after the word "DONE". and when i press the power button again, nothing happens :'( i'm really doomed

UPDATE: my cam works already!!! What i did i follow all the steps as mentioned in the previous posts (Cruz) and this is what happened to me:

1. I followed all the steps (unmount front part of the cam, connect the cam to the laptop, downloaded and install yicamusb,
shortcircuit, used the latest elf file v.1.2.13 (just follow everything including the installation of the driver manually)
2. After the software says "done", the light will blink *blue* *red* for a few seconds and will beep 3 times before it turned off automatically. i waited for a few minutes before i disconnect the cam with my laptop
3. This is the tricky part. I inserted the formatted fat32 micro SD to the cam with the latest firmware and ash file. Afterwhich, i removed the battery and let the cam "rest" for a while. meaning, i did not do anything for the next 20 hrs!
4. After waiting patiently, i inserted the battery again to the cam and pressed the power button. And... The light of power button turned to *blue* *red* again as if the cam is updating the firmware. The cam automatically turned off afterwards.
5. I pressed the power button again, and FINALLY IT'S WORKING!!!!

I've tried to many times the whole process. And the only difference between what i did before and the successful try is that i let the cam to rest for so many hours after using the yicamusb and the elf file.

Hope this helps and works on your cam too!

Last edited:
I've done everything but now my Xiaomi Yi is always booting as USB Direct Mode Device...

Like I was shorting the 2 points everytime I turn it on

Last edited:
Hey guys I tired the above but after wiping the nand then flashing the 22l file on my 23l camera all I get is one beep with the 3 red lights coming on, nothing else.

Hello to all my friends all over the world, greetings from Mexico (sorry for my bad english) recently i bricked my Xiomi yi (Z22, without L) this because i try to updated it by OTA( by the app) and when it "finished" it turns off and then when i tried to turn it on just the red ring started to flash, then i looked for this guide to try to unbrick it (because i supposed it was bricked) and when i tried this guide all that get was nothing, the Xiaomi just stop working full, no 3 lights, no red ring, no beeping, nothing, so i tried and tried, for hours, really hours, and finally i came back to life my Xiomi yi and this is what i did:

first of all my Xiomi yi is the Z22 model. and my PC its an iMac with bootcamp using Windows 8.1 pro

i lefted his battery with the plastic cover closed, and insert a 2gb micro sd card empty, formated in fat32.

then i take out the cover of the front face (the power button) and do this procces:

1.- i downloaded the software from the first post (yes, the main article, the mega.co.nz, the zip)
2.- VERY IMPORTANT, SUPER IMPORTANT!! disable driver signature, this is done by searching in google how to do it( you need to restart your computer in advance mood and disable 'drivers signature(this is for windows 8.1 pro)) look it on google how to do this.
3.- all right, connect the xiaomi yi to your computer (with battery and the micro sd on it)
4.- open the zip, and extracted wherever you want, i reccomend in your desktop.
5.- execute 'setup.exe' and follow the instructions in chinese... yes it's intuictuive. (this is the Xioami yi main program)( you will notice that in the folder there is a 'guide.pptx' you can follow it, but here its more explained.)
6.- open the program that you installed in the step 5.
7.- all right, look for a 'Firmware Programing' button an click on it, it dosen't make anything.

8.-THIS IT'S THE DIFICULT PART, return to your xaiomi yi, and try to make the short-circuit described in other posts on in the 'guide.pptx' from the zip, yes i know it's very deficult, i tried for hours, but it really works.

i noticed if you touch the orange cable, the resistor, the Ground point, and then you press the power button the 3 lights will turn on, i don't kwow if this was only in my case. well try it, really, try it!! try to touch the the resistor from diferent angles, try to press hard the resistor with the ground and CHECK IF THE YELLOW CABLE IT'S CONECTED ABOVE THE LENS(IT'S "MEMBRANE" CABLE) so be carefull and check it, scrape the resistor from the metal part (the part that its showed in the 'guide.pptx') maybe the metal part has a non-conductor material and you need to scrape it a little... maybe this its the difficult part.

so 8.1: connect the xiaomi with battery and micro sd on it, short-circuit the two points with a clip or a metal, described in the 'guide.pptx' and press the power button.

if you do right this step, a pop up window will show that it recognize a new device.

9. open 'control panel' in the PC and click on 'device manager' there you will see an strange device, right click on it and select 'update driver' -> manual upadte and here you need to go where you installed the 'Xiaomi yi' program. because there is a driver folder. once you look for it, it will show that the driver was successfully installed.

10.- close the 'Xiaomi yi' program

11.- open again the program

12.- select 'Firmware Programing' button and click on it, press the 'choose' button and look in the unziped folder your right file.

13.- click 'connect' button and the 'Status' indicator will say 'OK' and the command line will say 'Found 1 YDXJ Device!'

14.- finally click on 'Download' and wait for it finish.

when it finished, it will say 'Done!' in the terminal/command line and wait for 5 minutes, don't touch the camera and the program, just wait.

the xaiomi will turn off, no beeping, no light. wait another 3 minutes.

turn on your xiaomi, it will start beeping, its normal and it will turn off again. i repeat its normal!!

once it turns off, turn it on again, and thats it, your xaiomi will came back yo life

Well that is all i wish that i helped you. any question i will try to respond. Good Luck :D

Hey, también soy de México y creo tener el mismo problema, ¿podrías ayudarme con las instrucciones en español? mi ingles no es tan bueno, te lo agradeceria muchísimo.

Thanks to the instructions in this thread, I now have a bricked yi.

It worked fine, but I wanted to downgrade the firmware to get yimax working (although now that works on the z25l!!)

Followed all the steps, but not it is stuck with the three lights on, and doesn't respond at all.

It also seems to be permanently in direct USB mode.

The elf files flash to the device properly, but afterwards it is still dead. It won't update the firmware on the device either.

So

After short circuiting the camera, I plugged it to the computer. I ran YiSportCamUSB and before connecting to the camera, I choose the 22L ELF files contained on the download folder that comes with the YISportCamUSB, named - > YDXJv22L_1.2.6_build-20150709094743_b1031_i841_s1038 <- .
After choosing the file, I connected the camera and the OK Green Light on the program was on.
After pressing download I got this...

Press the image to see

Anyone got an idea??

Thanks

Attachments

• Xiaomi Fail.jpg
    Xiaomi Fail.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 17
This is what I get when I short circuit the camera and connect it to the computer.

Attachments

• Xiaomi Ok.jpg
    Xiaomi Ok.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 10
i have 25L does it work here aswell?

I still can't unbrick my cam. I've tried it more than 20 times. The my cam will beep three times and then turn off after the word "DONE". and when i press the power button again, nothing happens :'( i'm really doomed

UPDATE: my cam works already!!! What i did i follow all the steps as mentioned in the previous posts (Cruz) and this is what happened to me:

1. I followed all the steps (unmount front part of the cam, connect the cam to the laptop, downloaded and install yicamusb,
shortcircuit, used the latest elf file v.1.2.13 (just follow everything including the installation of the driver manually)
2. After the software says "done", the light will blink *blue* *red* for a few seconds and will beep 3 times before it turned off automatically. i waited for a few minutes before i disconnect the cam with my laptop
3. This is the tricky part. I inserted the formatted fat32 micro SD to the cam with the latest firmware and ash file. Afterwhich, i removed the battery and let the cam "rest" for a while. meaning, i did not do anything for the next 20 hrs!
4. After waiting patiently, i inserted the battery again to the cam and pressed the power button. And... The light of power button turned to *blue* *red* again as if the cam is updating the firmware. The cam automatically turned off afterwards.
5. I pressed the power button again, and FINALLY IT'S WORKING!!!!

I've tried to many times the whole process. And the only difference between what i did before and the successful try is that i let the cam to rest for so many hours after using the yicamusb and the elf file.

Hope this helps and works on your cam too!

Hi guys, I tried something like that today. (Xiaomi YI Z23L)
Already did the ELF process, I gave up trying and then I put the camera to rest for more than 20 hours too.
I removed the battery, removed the micro SD, and plug into a wall charger. I pressed the power buttom, and for my surprise the camera turns on, blinking the power led for more than 10 times (indicating that he doing something), and after that, he power off. I almost cry.
I plugged my formated micro SD and than put the firmware.bin (that is I think here was my fault. I need to put the .ash and yifirmware.bin) inside my Yi, pressed the power buttom again but nothing occurs.
Now I repeated all the process, and finalized equal the steps from "may may".
In 20 hours I back to talk to you if works or not.

Sorry for my English.

Z23L BACK TO LIFE TUTORIAL

Hi guys, I have already unbricked my Xiaomi Yi Z23L with certains plus details, but passed some minutes working he turns off sudenly and back to brick.
Than I call for help from Z23L users to try this method and talk if worked well or not.
My English is not so good so...

Follow the steps:

1)Follow the steps from the first page of this topic;
2)Remove the battery and micro SD from camera and let him to rest for some hours (5 hours tested by me, and works for this tutorial);
3)Format the micro SD on your computer and after that, copy and paste the "autoexec.ash" and "yifirmware.bin" from the root (even my being a Z23L, I used the YDXJv22L_1.2.13_build-20150906142851_b1049_i841_s1120 e o yifirmware versão Z22L);
4)Insert the battery and micro SD on the camera, plug him on a wall charger, and do not press any buttom, just let him plugged for some 20 minutes;
5)After that 20 minutes, press the power on. If everything is ok, you hear a beep, the power light will goes on followed by more than 10 blinks. Then again some Beeps, and the camera will switch off automatically. (Theoretically - the firmware was installed and the archives .ash and .bin will automatically deleted after that.);
6)Press the Power Buttom and he will turns on normally. Photo e video mode passing, but they didn't working - when press the shutter, a long beep sounds, that's a signal for the next step;
7)Turn on the Wi-Fi and connect with your smarphone App. Connection Ok, try to take a photo or a video, and still don't working (sometimes comes a error message saying: Format the SD Card, or something like that, just do that by the app (device settings, micro SD, format);
8)You've got back your Xiaomi Yi 2k all functional!!!

Hope it help you guys!!!

Hi! Can someone give me working link to the 1.2.13 ELF files . Thanks!

Back