SGDCHW for SG9663DC (3-wire hardwire kit to enable PARKING MODE function) Timed & Low Battery Discharge Prevention

I am not 100% sure, but i think it will record time lapse all the time, and so not really needing anything to be triggered, but better wait for the brass to confirm or sweep my assumptions of the table.
Also not sure if it is a " and / or" situation, meaning it an do timelapse always when parked and if selected time lapse or full recording on any of the normal triggers.

Also i have a favor to the sellers, why not install the 2 fuses before shipping, that way no insecurities about where to relocate the car fuse to ?
Maybe the 2 fuses in the pic have just been taken out for the photo op ??

Correct this is how it will work so nothing is missed. Frame rate is selectable.

The included fuses get installed on the side closest to the wire coming out next to the slot that connects to the dashcam power supply. Your original fuse goes right next to that furthest away from the wire side.

I am assuming that the add-a-circuit connector can be removed and the proper one for the vehicle installed? I have pre-ordered this and I see that it does not have the connector that I need.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have everything that I need; just needed confirmation that I could change those. Great camera by the way!

Yes swapping the connectors won't be a problem, we will be putting a selector in place where you can choose which ones you need but our website developer is still getting that sorted so for now it's something we need to manage manually

Has anyone got any test footage of the HW kit in action?

Has anyone got any test footage of the HW kit in action?

not sure what it would show, it's just timelapse video
Would just be nice to see how it looks on video.
Plus I think Jon said the frame rate is selectable? If someone did a comparison video of the different rates available then that might help people decide what rate to go for when they install it.

Would just be nice to see how it looks on video.
Plus I think Jon said the frame rate is selectable? If someone did a comparison video of the different rates available then that might help people decide what rate to go for when they install it.

personal choice I think

default setting is 1fps, you also have the option of selecting 2fps or 5fps, there are selectable cutoff timer options as well, you may see these menus now but you won't be able to access the sub menus until you start it up with the hardwire power supply and it detects the two power feeds are active

once the hardwire kit is installed you will find you can't turn the camera off while the car is running, once you turn the car off and the accessory power is cut it will enter timelapse mode and the countdown timer starts, while it is in this mode if you want to turn the camera off you can by pressing and holding the power button, say you're at home in the garage etc and don't want it running, if you turn it off while the car is off and then manually turn it back on it will come on and record in normal mode, the countdown timer will not apply so it will keep going based on your voltage cut setting only, this may be useful if you need to get out of the car and want to record full motion video of something like an accident scene or whatever and don't want to leave your keys in the car to do that

restarting the car will always set things back to how they were and countdown timer, frame rate settings etc will apply as per normal

the last 4 months or so we've basically been working on making sure these functions work correctly and have added some extra settings which may have been noted in the beta change logs, the test group has been pretty small to date and we'll still look at any extra feedback we get once some others start using them and what we may be able to do further to the current functionality, any feedback is always welcome

I like that feature set. Even having that ability to record as normal for dealer visits for servicing etc. is great to have, because I do like to be able to record sound in such situations.

personal choice I think

default setting is 1fps, you also have the option of selecting 2fps or 5fps, there are selectable cutoff timer options as well, you may see these menus now but you won't be able to access the sub menus until you start it up with the hardwire power supply and it detects the two power feeds are active

once the hardwire kit is installed you will find you can't turn the camera off while the car is running, once you turn the car off and the accessory power is cut it will enter timelapse mode and the countdown timer starts, while it is in this mode if you want to turn the camera off you can by pressing and holding the power button, say you're at home in the garage etc and don't want it running, if you turn it off while the car is off and then manually turn it back on it will come on and record in normal mode, the countdown timer will not apply so it will keep going based on your voltage cut setting only, this may be useful if you need to get out of the car and want to record full motion video of something like an accident scene or whatever and don't want to leave your keys in the car to do that

restarting the car will always set things back to how they were and countdown timer, frame rate settings etc will apply as per normal

the last 4 months or so we've basically been working on making sure these functions work correctly and have added some extra settings which may have been noted in the beta change logs, the test group has been pretty small to date and we'll still look at any extra feedback we get once some others start using them and what we may be able to do further to the current functionality, any feedback is always welcome
Is there an option to always record in normal mode?

For UK / EU market SGDCHW Hardwiring Kit for PARKING MODE will be ready to be shipped tomorrow.
You can place an order from my online store or from amazon.co.uk ( search SGDCHW ).
By the end of next week, SGDCHW should be available on Amazon UK, France, Italy, Spain Fulfilled by Amazon.

SGDCHW (2).jpg

Some vehicles have one fuse type for the accessory switched, and another fuse type for the battery constant power. Because of this, we are updating the site to allow you to choose each fuse type for #1 and #2.
1530754871958.png

When ordering the SGDCHW from the USA website, you can now choose the Type of Blade Fuse you need.
(it will take some time before these choices are also listed on Amazon as well)

View attachment 39664

I'm extremely new to dash cams so please pardon my ignorance. How does one tell which fuse type is correct for their car? I drive a 2016 Mazda 3 GX sedan and I plan on having someone else install the hard wire kit.

Back